Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   Polunka 

Excuse my bumping the thread but I'd like to inform you (in case you didn't know; since no one else in the thread has done that yet) that Sixty Four (at least this is his current nick name on the forums) has recently updated his Haunted Nukem mod with an additional episode (follow the ModDB link in the first post, he uploaded the updated version over there).

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

There will be an update coming, probably at the end of this month, and Haunted Nukem v2.1 will be included (it had already been mentioned before several times). Don't expect it to be the bigger update that I was aiming for, though - it's rather about fixing stuff and adding a small amount of mods that were easy to check during the little amount of time I had available in the last few months.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 January 2018 - 02:30 AM

User is online   FistMarine 

View PostPolunka, on 11 January 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

Excuse my bumping the thread but I'd like to inform you (in case you didn't know; since no one else in the thread has done that yet) that Sixty Four (at least this is his current nick name on the forums) has recently updated his Haunted Nukem mod with an additional episode (follow the ModDB link in the first post, he uploaded the updated version over there).

I already mentioned updating Haunted Nukem before, so you aren't the first one to suggest it. :dukecigar:

Also these days I've been playing Fusion TC (the one included in the compilation version obviously) and I encountered so many oddities that it's worth listing them here right now. Currently I am at E2L3 but before I finish the mod, I might as well list all annoyances I've encountered so far:

General stuff about Fusion TC:
-HUD doesn't display at all (can be fixed with console command hud_althud 0 as mentioned in readme)
-Some enemies don't get counted as enemies, neither they add to enemies killed. But others count as enemies but when you kill them, they don't add to kills.
-Quake 2 gunner enemy has a chance to glitch out instead of dying. He will wander around in a glitched state and will try to attack you but he will not be able to shoot anymore and he can't be killed either.
-The machinegun in slot 0 shows 5 ammo but seems to have infinite ammo because no matter how much I shoot, it doesn't use any ammo.

Episode 1 stuff:
-First level has the exit door opened before you use the Blue Access Card, meaning the level can be exited even if you don't get the blue card. Activating the access switch doesn't unlock anything since the door is already opened.
-All levels starting with level 2 until level 6 (the last level) have some weird shit at beginning of level that chases you and hurts you. It can't be killed and it doesn't count as enemy but can be locked at beginning if you are fast enough to open door to exit and close it fast before the thing has a chance to exit.
-Level 2 has a switch that doesn't work. It might be related to a secret area that is close to that place.
-Levels 5 and 6 have some weird bug at beginning where player becomes INVINCIBLE for no reason at all. I can get hurt by enemies but health doesn't decrease. The only way I died was to shoot close to wall with RPG but otherwise enemies' attacks don't take away any health or they do but health changes immediately back to 100. HOWEVER picking up Atomic Health will reset this bug and then you can get hurt normally.

Episode 2 stuff:
-In the first level, you may want to add a hint into readme that the cracks are needed to be blown up in order to progress and they are quite hard to see. Plus later in the level, there are 3 groups of 3 switches that must be pressed inside church (along with another button up in room) in order to unlock a door containing a yellow key. This is required after you fall down in a hole where there is no escape (you will shortly arrive inside a building) and to continue you need the yellow key to progress further. Thankfully I got the key before I went there, so I didn't get stuck but if you miss the key, you will be stuck here.

EDIT: Oh and since there is going to be an update soon, I might as well post an even more updated suggestions list in case you need to get some entries since I re-arranged some things a bit more:

Spoiler

Previously posted here.

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: 12 January 2018 - 03:34 AM

• The Truth is in here

It will be a small update, and it's basically finished already since I cannot work on it any more. My free time has been reduced significantly since last year, and it doesn't look like it's gonna change again. Anything you post now cannot be taken into consideration (at least for now), I am afraid...

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 January 2018 - 04:01 AM

No worries, although I was mostly referring to some of the entries that you might update, like the CBP series, for example compared to last time I posted the suggestions, not only I added the newest CBP release (20 Sector Challenge CBP) as suggestion but I also arranged them into 7 episode slots. This is in case you decide to add the rest CBP series into the next update but it's ok if this doesn't make into the next update.

I'm curious, besides including the latest version of Haunted Nukem, what is going to contain the next update?

User is offline   blizzart 

Maybe I overlooked it the last time I´ve used the Addon Compilation, but are "Quest for Al-Qaeda" (http://msdn.duke4.net/revqaeda.php) and "Quest dor Hussein" (http://msdn.duke4.net/revhussein.php) still missing in this pack?

Unfortunately the links at MSDN aren´t working anymore.

This post has been edited by blizzart: 16 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I think I broke Duke Hard's menus again, so there's that.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postblizzart, on 16 January 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

Maybe I overlooked it the last time I´ve used the Addon Compilation, but are "Quest for Al-Qaeda" (http://msdn.duke4.net/revqaeda.php) and "Quest dor Hussein" (http://msdn.duke4.net/revhussein.php) still missing in this pack?

he didn't update all his download links - the files are still there, you have to manually modify the address

example -
instead of:
http://www.fileplane...uestalqaeda.zip

use:
msdn.duke4.net/questalqaeda.zip

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postblizzart, on 16 January 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

Are you looking for these? I can't seem to get the downloads either to work at MSDN. I'm pretty sure these ones work. Enjoy!

Quest for Hussein - http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=9698

Quest for Al-Qaeda – The hunt for Bin Laden with Map Pack - http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=9693

This post has been edited by Paul B: 16 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

I'm looking for a specific episode..maybe it's included in your compilation?

It's consited of city maps and I don't remember the author or date of release, but I remember one thing:

One of the levels featured the midi version of Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostSanek, on 17 January 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

It's consited of city maps and I don't remember the author or date of release, but I remember one thing:

One of the levels featured the midi version of Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise. :dukecigar:

City Crackdown?

• The Truth is in here

View PostHendricks266, on 16 January 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

I think I broke Duke Hard's menus again, so there's that.

Confirmed with r6581. Can this be fixed via a con code update again (like last time) or it's meant to be solved with a code revision?

View PostSanek, on 17 January 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

Special JLaursol (Version 2) by Juha Laaksonen? It's the E1L4.mid
http://www.r-t-c-m.c...ns/duke-jml.zip

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 18 January 2018 - 08:02 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostFantinaikos, on 18 January 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

Special JLaursol (Version 2) by Juha Laaksonen? It's the E1L4.mid
http://www.r-t-c-m.c...ns/duke-jml.zip

Yes, that's what I've been looking for! Thank you. :dukecigar:

Edit: there's no music tracks include...but I recognised the maps.

This post has been edited by Sanek: 18 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Sorry, I've made a link confusion. specialJLauriol is by Jean-marc Lauriol and probably you searched for TOTAL DUKE by Juha Laaksonen http://dukertcm.com/...ns/totalduk.zip

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 18 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

No problem. I started playing because of the author's name you first mentioned (Juha Laaksonen) and didn't checked out the txt file. Seems like I've played this one too...

• The Truth is in here

Hm, Total Duke is surprisingly good for a mod that is so old (1999). Gotta think about it... xD

• The Truth is in here

Doublepost time!

I am looking into glitches that really annoy you in some addons, and it pretty much looks like those problems were introduced by myself when I attempted to eliminate warnings from con files. For example, I tried to run Fusion with the original game.con (that gives 10 warnings) and the "weird thing" in E1L2-E1L6 does not appear any more.

Currently looking into the following and seeing how it can be solved:

Fusion TC:
- HUD issue (this was recently fixed with Fox's assistance)
- Enemy counter not working properly
- Q2 gunner glitch (does not die/becomes invincible)
- Slot 0 machinegun with infinite ammo / "stuck" ammocounter 5 (this was already like that with the original game.con - may be intended)
- C1A1: Exit door opens before using blue keycard
- C1A2-C1A6: Phantom sprite hunts player from start point (this was definitely introduced by my game.con edits)
- C1A2: Non-functional switch
- C1A5+C1A6: Player becomes invincible at the beginning of the level

Last Reaction & Water Bases:
- Enemies invincible under certain conditions (not sure, but may affect invisible Octabrain [3745-3746, 3750-3755, 3760-3765] and/or alternate Octabrain [3860-3897])

Starship Troopers:
- Occasionally, you may encounter some enemies which cannot be killed
- Enemy counter does not work properly

ZeroHour:
- ZERO07: Secret safe in the ZeroHour boss office does not open even after the three switches in the other offices have been pressed and "UNLOCKED" message appears (Not sure whether this is due to a problem with EDuke32, needs investigation)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 January 2018 - 01:37 AM

Last week I finished with Fusion TC and I only found these two more minor glitches regarding some missing textures in C3A3 (the map that seems to be taken directly from RR) in the Bowling room.

I'm glad to hear that you found out what caused one of the issues and the other got fixed already. Hope you will be able to sort all of these issues before you release the update. I'm curious, is the compilation update going to be numbered 3.14 or 4.00?

BTW I've wondered something about the Fusion TC included in the compilation, why you didn't add the whole Fusion Redux mod and you only added parts of it? For example you didn't include the textures, models and the OGG files, according to the text file. I think it would be better if you include the whole Redux version instead of using parts of it into the older version of Fusion TC. Or is the problem that the models and textures can't be put into GRP files?

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: 23 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

• The Truth is in here

I only used the Redux code iirc, little else. I generally don't aim for using HRP contents and try to avoid it in this compilation for a more "classic" approach. Ogg files tend to bloat filesizes incredibly fast, and if they can be avoided, they would be. I would always still use Oggs if no alternatives were provided, ofc.

Good news is that probably pretty much all issues are going to be fixed in Fusion and also Starship Troopers. Some of the problems were caused by myself, but there were also a few map bugs that got overlooked. The player invincibility problem was code-related, and the weird sprite "hunting" you through the levels was my fault. It will all be gone in the next release. Thanks to Fox, btw.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

• The Truth is in here

What's missing now:
- Remaining fixes for "Fusion": Kills counter, HK-5 MP (slot #0) with infinite ammo (Fox is working on this atm)
- Con fix for "Duke Hard" menu broken in recent EDuke32 snapshots (hopefully Hendricks can provide it)
- Permissions for two addons (if I can get them, authors are already contacted)

The problem in "ZeroHour" actually never existed - I always tested with monsters off, and one of them was blocking the safe door which I assumed to be malfuntioning because of that. Sounds familiar? Indeed - I had already thought that a door in "Metropolitan Mayhem" had not worked because of the same mistake. Memo @ self: Never test with monsters deactivated! ^^

This post has been edited by NightFright: 25 January 2018 - 06:56 AM

I see your reason for not using the HRP contents but still in Fusion TC I would have preferred if you used those (and have them optional) since ripped enemies in general from newer games (newer than Duke3D of course) and have their models as sprites, look really ugly in my opinion.

Glad to hear that you managed to fix most of the issues. And yeah about that part with the safe and Metropolitan Mayhem non-apparent issue, I INDEED remember that and reached the same conclusion that it was the DNMONSTERS cheat that caused one of the monsters in front of those doors to mess things up. I actually remember and confirmed that last year, it's on the previous page. :dukecigar:

• The Truth is in here

End of January will probably not work out after all, but it may be worth the delay. Hendricks may be on to something that will help in reorganization of the whole compilation. Don't want to spoiler anything, but if it worked, it'd make my life a lot easier.

Not all the possible new entries require days, some literally require less than a minute, max an hour. You could just group those series of maps that supposed to be together but completed in different times to create an episode. Many are recent and without custom music or .CON (excluding the one you will create for make them consecutive).

The speech changes if you want to test every-single-map before doing this operation, but I doubt the most skilled mappers doing serious mistakes that influence gameplay like the authors of the very first addons.

• The Truth is in here

Can anybody confirm boeing.map from the Cerovsky Pack directly crashing to desktop with latest EDuke32 snapshots? I used r6640 (x64), and regardless which renderer I tried, I didn't get the map working.

I can confirm this map crashes as soon as it loads, it crashes EDuke32 without any error message. I tried with both r6597 (the build I had downloaded a couple of days ago to test something) and the newest build r6640 and in both cases, the map crashes. Here are the EDuke32 log files:

• The Truth is in here

I have tracked down the issue in the meantime. It broke with r6581 - which was ironically issued after my report to fix a problem with a map in WGRealms2. Looks like it broke something elsewhere. Yay! Hendricks has been informed. Let's hope he finds a way to solve this without breaking WGR2 again.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 February 2018 - 05:29 AM

Any news regarding the upcoming update?

EDIT: Lol at Hendricks downvoting me over the simple innocent question and that I really want to play some of these updated addons. I just finished with the exams and I'm in the mood to play something and in turn you downvote me. Really mature. I thought you were much better than that, especially since I helped you with finding and reporting bugs for EDuke32. Just my 2 cents. :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: 09 February 2018 - 07:35 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

>gets mad about downvote
>calls the downvoter immature

Nagging about progress is bad posting. (The previous post was only a week ago.) Downvotes are for bad posts. It's not any more complicated than that. This is not the first time you've done this.

But let's not clutter up this thread any more, shall we?

Just thought I'd ask because the completionist in me refuses to let go of this topic....will we ever see the Merc duology, When Scum Returns, Murder: The EDF Conspiracy and Pray Your Prayers included in future updates of this epic compilation? Apologies if this has been asked before, but I just wanted to get the answer straight from the source.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options