Duke4.net Forums: [REL] Nuclear Showdown v2.1 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[REL] Nuclear Showdown v2.1  "new release!"

User is offline   Jblade 

Nuclear Showdown V2 (moddb page)

First of all, thanks to Nightfright for patching what he could of my old code and trying to keep the mod alive. This version was based off his version. also thanks to M210 for hosting NS on his site and also trying to fix a few bugs.

Finally thanks to Oporix for releasing 'Block ignite' a usermap for Nuclear Showdown which inspired me to patch it so it's functional and relatively bug-free. I've included the map with the mod in a new episode titled 'Nuclear Showdown', it's made for polymer mode (although the mod itself is classic mode, it still works fine in polymer) so give it a play and leave him some feedback in his topic.

Fixes:
-fixed custom switches, locks and toolboxes from not opening doors
-fixed pipebomb being thrown along with prox dynamite
-fixed plasma cannon not working
-fixed jibs not spawning

Additions:
-added additional shotgun animation tile by Minigunner
-added ammolots tile by Reaperman (originally posted by Hendricks266)

There's a lot of quality of life stuff I'd like to do (a more organic way of activating the new inventory items) but AMC TC is always beckoning in the background; however if people like the mod enough and make more usermaps than I would definitely do more stuff with the TC.

Download here:
http://www.moddb.com...ar-showdown-v21

Note that I highly recommend grabbing the Duke Nukem PSX version soundtrack from here:
http://hendricks266....c_packs_psx.php

The included ns.def with NS will use this music so just place the highres folder in the same directory as Nuclear Showdown and rename ns.def to duke3d.def

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: NS_S1.jpg
  • Attached Image: NS_S2.jpg

This post has been edited by Jblade: 22 November 2016 - 12:52 PM

User is offline   HMNuke93 

My favourite Duke3D mod gets released again, awesome! ;)

User is offline   Polunka 

Have played this mod - really amazing gameplay enhancer. Thanks for reviving it!

User is offline   Jolteon 

This is a great mod to play. I had played this mod a few years ago, and it was really great. Seeing this mod gets re-released is just Awesome! ;) I like the new little details that you added in. Such as a few from AMC TC, Like the guts on the floor, and map icons as well.

Attached Image: duke0000.png

And I also like how changed the second pistol when dual wielding.

Attached Image: duke0001.png

This mod is just Awesome! :D

I will like to report a crash however, I was on the test level, I was about to use the jump boots, so I brought up the new inventory, but when I hit the Inventory left button (Which for me is [ button) the game just crashed.

If it helps, Here's the log on what happened up until the crash.
Attached File  eduke32.log (314.26K)
Number of downloads: 408

I did the the new checksum code for the Addon Compilation, so we can all playing it as a selectable mod.

Just place the showdown.grp into the "addons" folder and paste these lines in "addons.grpinfo" (after "Nuclear Pack" if you want to go in alphabetical order.)

grpinfo
{
name "Nuclear Showdown"
scriptname "icdgame.con"
size 20182709
crc -839112608
}

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks for the bug report Jolteon, I've fixed them on my end but I'll wait a bit to see if any more crop up before released a patch. I've also created a moddb page for NS in my signature, although I had to name it the Redux version since somebody already uploaded NS to moddb and can't delete the profile.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 05 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Gee the more I see of the mod, the more it looks like the AMC TC. I think I did try the mod many, many years ago, but never finished it because I got stuck in one of the levels. Looks like this gives me an excuse to give it another go.

Now we just need Imagination World v3 to fix the black surfaces and long load times Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 05 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

AMC TC was born from NS' code base so that's not surprising ;) Me and Highwire started the AMC base using the Nuclear Showdown textures, and then the rest is history.

I was actually working on a patch for IW but right now there's a flickering problem with masked textures in polymost mode so it's on hold for the time being.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 05 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

Nuclear Showdown is one of my favorite mods for Duke Nukem 3D

User is offline   Jblade 

I've made a trailer for the mod, probably too late now but there it is. Enjoy!

User is offline   MotM 

Wow this mod looks very cool, I'm going to try it out asap!

User is offline   supergoofy 

Nice gameplay video by Jblade:

Btw, you forgot to write that we need to add -gDukeDC.grp to be able to play the Duke It Out in D.C. episode.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 06 November 2016 - 01:45 AM

User is offline   Shawneth 

Wow, I'm lost for words! Now that all of the bugs are fixed, I have to make another one. Thank you so much for this version 2 and for including my map.

User is offline   LkMax 

Yay!!! ;)
My comment might be redundant but I really want to thank everyone direct and indirectly involved on the revival of this mod, it's still my favorite gameplay enhacer for Duke 3D and it was sad I couldn't play it anymore after some eDuke32 updates.
Downloading now...

Nice !

Actually I never heard of the previous version (I suppose AMC and Attrition really blinded me) but this looks like a mix between features of DukePlus and AMC, and like a lot of people have already said when I first watched the trailer my very first thoughts were that it looked a bit like AMC, what with using sounds, animations and such ...

I'll have to give it a try whenever I'll have time for it, and BTW my second thoughts after the trailer were that there are features here that could be used in AMC, especially the animation of the Quadshot which is awesome here compared to its AMC counterpart ^^

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostJblade, on 05 November 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

Thanks for the bug report Jolteon, I've fixed them on my end but I'll wait a bit to see if any more crop up before released a patch.
Not a bug, but: DRILLF.WAV and DRILLM.WAV are not used.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Definitely the best gameplay mod for Duke. Would love to see it expanded upon in the future.

User is offline   Lunick 

I hope you don't mind me asking but what is the map in the trailer that is played after It's Impossible?

View PostJblade, on 05 November 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

I've also created a moddb page for NS in my signature, although I had to name it the Redux version since somebody already uploaded NS to moddb and can't delete the profile.

That would be this person:

View PostMr. Nukem Roses, on 05 November 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

Nuclear Showdown is one of my favorite mods for Duke Nukem 3D

• Honored Donor

View PostLunick, on 06 November 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

I hope you don't mind me asking but what is the map in the trailer that is played after It's Impossible?

That's one of Highwire's maps. Either Wet Dream or Tropical Island Massacre. You can get them both here: http://msdn.duke4.net/hotwetdream.php

If you'd played the AMC TC you would know this stuff Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMicky C, on 06 November 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

That's one of Highwire's maps. Either Wet Dream or Tropical Island Massacre. You can get them both here: http://msdn.duke4.net/hotwetdream.php

I don't know how I've never seen these before, it just striked me as odd since you don't see bright maps like that very often.

View PostMicky C, on 06 November 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

If you'd played the AMC TC you would know this stuff Posted Image

new phone who dis

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

LMFAO. I love you Lunick.

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks for the comments guys - if you liked the mod remember to give it a rating on moddb and share the trailer with anybody else who might be interested.

• Honored Donor

Wow, I just tried the first level of the episode and the similarities to the AMC TC are quite apparent. Put in a few things like the slide-kick, side-rolls and headshots, and you'd basically have the AMC TC starring Duke Nukem.

User is offline   zykov eddy 

First map of Nuclear Showdown really suffers from lack of ammo. Am I missing something? By the time I reach the elevator and face pigcop tank, it becomes impossible to progress.

View Postzykov eddy, on 07 November 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

First map of Nuclear Showdown really suffers from lack of ammo. Am I missing something? By the time I reach the elevator and face pigcop tank, it becomes impossible to progress.

Some maps points are conceptualized to take advantage from the tank button and hope that the explosion involving the other enemies as a collateral effect.

User is offline   zykov eddy 

View PostFantinaikos, on 07 November 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

Some maps points are conceptualized to take advantage from the tank button and hope that the explosion involving the other enemies as a collateral effect.

Yeah, but who's gonna take care of pigcops around? No ammo still. Something seems wrong. I don't even have enough to kill pigcop in elevator, so I have no ways of escaping the tank explosion.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 07 November 2016 - 06:38 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

There's a crate you can blow up at the start of the level, but leave feedback in the thread for his map rather than here (There's a link in the main topic)

For next maintenance release you should insert the "Block Ignite" map (and eventually the next by Oporix) directly into the .grp, if the map work and it can be finished only under Showdown there not much sense to have a file around like a common user map.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 07 November 2016 - 06:50 AM

User is offline   Shawneth 

View Postzykov eddy, on 07 November 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

Yeah, but who's gonna take care of pigcops around? No ammo still. Something seems wrong. I don't even have enough to kill pigcop in elevator, so I have no ways of escaping the tank explosion.

Not to hijack the thread, but even with some beta testers the level was pretty straight forward even on 'Damn I'm Good', though I should have made it more clear that the "secret box" was destructible.

User is offline   Jmoc 

Some notes:
- The episode Nuclear Showdown only contains one map. Is it intended?
- The menĂ¹ sound is very loud respect to other sfx
- Switching between alternate weapons is missing the holster animation.
- If selecting the alternate weapons and other slots too fast, it glitches and won't select some slots until multiple slot presses (hard to explain)
- Flamer Lizards should come closer, they often fire far from the player

Block Ignite - I missed that first TNT crate too. Duke3D has a very distinctive way to hint at secrets: cracks. Even small ones will do!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options