• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I uploaded on this.
https://mega.nz/#!VL...DAouupXoYbG04-M
It includes txt file and one that explains stuff.
has 2 set of "model" textures.
One for faster machines (high quality)
One for slower machine (avg quality)

Its site
Added more,
Screenshots etc will be added soon etc
http://www.zaxtor.ne...ntrancePage.htm
(still adding stuff)

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I need to make an account to download it.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Didn't knew they asked for an account.
Making an account is free tho.
First time I use that site.

User is offline   Polunka 

There seems to be a download size limit for unregistered users.

Have made a free account, in process of downloading it.

EDIT: Well, now it's stopped at 29% and is asking me to either upgrade to PRO (i.e. pay) or wait for 1.5 hours to resume download. I guess you better find another file hosting service for this mod... Or else you could just make us wait for it for like 6 hours to ultimately download it (unless someone has a pro account at MEGA).

P.S.: On a second thought, I personally am soon going to bed so I might actually leave the computer on for the whole night.

ANOTHER EDIT: Nevermind what I said about 29%. It appears I'd already used most of the freely provided space cluster for my IP (I think it's gotta be some stuff related to NightFright's compilation). The actual limit for free accounts is apparently 5 gb (unless you've used some space for your IP like I did).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 20 August 2017 - 07:36 AM

The host isn't really the problem here, it's the filesize.

No offense Zaxtor, but what did you do in order to manage to bring the filesize up to a gigantic 2.73 GB?
That's orders of magnitudes larger than any other mod out there for practically any game I can think of. It's plain and simply unacceptable.

Your previous mod, the Oblivion TC (which should still be larger in terms of content than Trequonia, judging from the description) was just 83MB in size, while the AMC TC and Wolfendoom: Blade of Agony, two of the largest releases for Duke Nukem and Doom respectively, are 340 and 400 MB each.
And those latter two contain loads of unused files in their folder structure.

So what happened here? Uncompressed music and texture bitmaps? Huge model files?

View PostDoom64hunter, on 20 August 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

So what happened here? Uncompressed music and texture bitmaps? Huge model files?

Not really my field of activity (don't understand anything in texture/model making and file compression) but I think the main culprit are high-res textures/models and the levels' size (I bet they're huge). Plus he mentioned in the main post that the archive contains said models/textures in 2 variants (one for fast machines, and the other one for slower machines).

That's just an assumption. Also, don't forget that Oblivion didn't have any high-res stuff.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 20 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

The mod uses HRP.
While Oblivion did not use HRP.
is a 8-bit mod

This mod Is a polymost type mod.

Also uses OGG music files.

It has 2 textures folder.
text file explains.

if your machine is slow you get rid or store somewhere the "model" folder"
You rename "models_low_res" to "models"

Faster machine you use "models" folder and get rid of "models_low_res" folder

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 20 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

99% of textures are png files.
Some are jpeg.
like very few are gif but small gif.

The "models_low_res" has textures set (smaller) and mostly set to "256 colors" or "Indexed Colors"

High res pack are RGB colors, Indexed Colors for textures with 256 colors or under.

User is offline   Hank 

downloaded this massive TC, took 21 min, with NO ACCOUNT with Mega - proof below
Attached Image: ThankYou.jpg
Still, maybe use ModDB or even IndieDB ?

I will play this in the next few days, with comments to follow; for now, looks fucking awesome, dude! :)
w00t

This post has been edited by Hank: 20 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Strange, none of your screenshots in the other thread had the HRP models, but that may be down to the fact that those were editor screenshots.

In any case, the problem doesn't lie with the performance of anyone's machine, but rather the amount of data that is required for us to download.

For one, there are people in the world who still have very subpar connections for whom it will take a long time to download the mod. Said people may simply not even consider downloading it at all due to how long it takes.
For the other, in the US, many ISPs impose arbitrary data caps on their users, which means that downloading a 2.73 GB file, with one set of textures that they are guaranteed to not even use, is not a very attractive thing at all, as it may restrict their download speed for the rest of the month if they exceed that cap.
Furthermore, if your browser doesn't have a large enough buffer size to download the file directly, the user is either forced to switch to a different browser, or download Mega's third party application.

All this just lowers the average accessibility people have to your mod, which is not really desirable.

Instead of just packing everything into one download, I would instead suggest offering two downloads -- one with the low quality, and one with the high quality textures. This way we don't need to download files we're not even going to use.
Furthermore, if the HRP files haven't been altered, I would just suggest linking to the HRP's webpage instead of bundling it with the mod directly.

View PostHank, on 20 August 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

downloaded this massive TC, took 21 min, with NO ACCOUNT with Mega - proof below
Attachment ThankYou.jpg
Still, maybe use ModDB or even IndieDB ?

I will play this in the next few days, with comments to follow; for now, looks fucking awesome, dude! :)
w00t

That's because you used Chrome, which appears to have a larger buffer size than Firefox, evidently.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Sandt contacted me.
Also is process of being Added on MSDN (his Duke site).
Once finished, url's name will be changed to his site url to my mod.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 20 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Link added on MSDN
http://msdn.duke4.net/trequonia.zip

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 20 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

Btw, do you have any plans on ever recording a video playthrough of this mod? (just like you did for Oblivion)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 20 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

User is offline   Hank 

... first impression
Posted Image

:)

Okay, having managed to download it, it's pretty apparent that you've altered some of the HRP textures so separating those is definitely not feasible.

What you definitely should do however is separate the downloads for lowres and highres textures. That alone would lower the filesize by about a gigabyte.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 20 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

yes I will record a vid of play through so can (take screenies) and put on website of the Mod for screenies etc.

Might go on vacation for a week on Tue but that wont stop me from playing, will bring comp with me

User is offline   Mark 

Mouse look was not working for me. I hit the U button to make sure it was on. The ON message shows but I still have no mouse look.

Well, it's good to hear there's gonna be a playthrough.

Now could you tell me how I get mouse aiming to work and turn autoaim off? Or is the mod intended to be played with keyboard only? I'm just used to play Duke3D with mouse and no autoaim.

EDIT: Saw Mark's post about the mouse problem after submitting mine. Sorry for that. Also, I've managed to turn off autoaim but mouse aiming not working still persists even after altering several variables in the config file.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 20 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

the mouse thing is a buggy issues with Eduke or something.

or maybe in options u can enable it

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 20 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

User is offline   Hank 

@ Mark. - not sure what U is, never used it.

in game go to

Option
..Mouse Setup
....Use Mouse Aiming = Yes
This gives you mouse look

Player Setup
.Auto Aim = Off
This should give you aim control, but I have not tested this yet.

This post has been edited by Hank: 20 August 2017 - 11:01 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

This is why you don't ship your mods with cfg files.

Yep, just gotta get rid of the config files included in the archive. It somehow didn't occur to me earlier.

Special thanks to Hendricks for reinforcing my assumption about the solution. :)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 20 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

User is offline   Mark 

View PostHank, on 20 August 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

@ Mark. - not sure what U is, never used it.

in game go to

Option
..Mouse Setup
....Use Mouse Aiming = Yes
This gives you mouse look

Player Setup
.Auto Aim = Off
This should give you aim control, but I have not tested this yet.

Thats what I did but a later post has what I hope is the solution. Delete cfg files

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Didn't knew cfg would cause this issue.
yes delete cfg, mod will auto make 1

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm currently repackaging the zip directly on the server. The result will be on Dukeworld and I will remove the original zip from MSDN. Mikko can link directly to the Dukeworld file, but may not make a copy back in his own subdomain.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm not doing anything.

AT THE MOMENT MY MOD USES THAT EDUKE32 VERSION (v) It comes with the mod so ignore updates... For now.
The current version of Eduke32 64-bit or 32-bit depending on the amount of bit your machine has.
Version of Eduke32 is EDuke32 2.0.0devel r4584 (64-bit),
08-31-2014 Date of the Eduke32 is.
Compiled Aug 31 2014 04:24:42

Newer versions do NOT work at the moment for this MOD/TC, It may work in the future from constant Eduke32 updates.

Dammit Zaxtor, months ago I asked if there were any problems I could fix before you released your mod. I'm not touching this.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 20 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

let me know when is up so I can update post so ppl don't mistakely go on msdn

User is offline   Jolteon 

Just finished the first level, and I'm liking it so far. Gonna play the second level now. :)

Just one thing about the level though.
Spoiler

Aside from that, the first level is really cool, and it is fun to play. Looking forward to playing the rest of Trequonia. :)

Also I definitely liked the idea with the ice cubes in the first level, and that you have to break it to get the items that's trapped inside. :D

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 20 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostHendricks266, on 20 August 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

I'm currently repackaging the zip directly on the server. The result will be on Dukeworld and I will remove the original zip from MSDN. Mikko can link directly to the Dukeworld file, but may not make a copy back in his own subdomain.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm not doing anything.

AT THE MOMENT MY MOD USES THAT EDUKE32 VERSION (v) It comes with the mod so ignore updates... For now.
The current version of Eduke32 64-bit or 32-bit depending on the amount of bit your machine has.
Version of Eduke32 is EDuke32 2.0.0devel r4584 (64-bit),
08-31-2014 Date of the Eduke32 is.
Compiled Aug 31 2014 04:24:42

Newer versions do NOT work at the moment for this MOD/TC, It may work in the future from constant Eduke32 updates.

Dammit Zaxtor, months ago I asked if there were any problems I could fix before you released your mod. I'm not touching this.

I think I mentioned before about the newer Eduke version having "lower limitation" of defines.
mentioned it a while ago.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 20 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Ice Cube idea came from Super Mario 3 (frozen items) you break them to take.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Weapon section on the Mod's site was opened.
It may have some spoilers such as what the weapon does, what they are etc.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options