Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Rooftop Suite 666 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Rooftop Suite 666  "Yet another Doom-style map from me"

This map ended up being a "novelty"-type level of sorts...
I tried a few different things (effects I hadn't used before and such); I hope I didn't screw up anything too badly.
Also, I think I may have made the secrets a bit too important in this map.

Screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached File(s)

View PostToiletDuck64, on 11 November 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

This map ended up being a "novelty"-type level of sorts...
I tried a few different things (effects I hadn't used before and such); I hope I didn't screw up anything too badly.

Gave up I'm afraid, I think there is a fun map in there but _way_ too little ammo I'm afraid - or was that what you meant by the secrets are a bit too important ?

TTFN,
Jon

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostThe Mechanic, on 11 November 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

[...] _way_ too little ammo I'm afraid - or was that what you meant by the secrets are a bit too important ?
Yup. Had many save/reload cycles due to the lack of ammo and health. I didn't find any secret, and in the end I had to spare the last recon car. Some items should be relocated outside of the secret areas.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View PostToiletDuck64, on 11 November 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

Definitely. :P

I managed to found two of those and, even that, managing to finish the map was tedious as hell (no pun intended, heh :P). The secrets I found contained no more than a medkit, an atomic health, and a pack of shotgun shells in one of them and two small health packs with a pistol clip on the other. :D
I don't know if you hid a RPG in one, it sure would've helped dealing with the Battlelord. :)

Anyway, I appreciate your contribution, but I disliked the... 'teleporter madness' (were Doom levels like that? :)).

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello and thanks for the release,

I have found the map short and a bit annoying, sorry to say that, especially the switches part.
The battle lord used nearly all my ammo, but I blocked his sight, so he can't hit me. After that I found a secret near with plenty of ammo, a shotgun and a medkit (I used the map to check where there are enough room to put a secret) and no problem for the rest of the map. I have tried to get ride of bad guys with the gun trough windows and by taking cover, sometimes I shoot a passing recon until I get them all. With a less annoying switches part, it could be a cool secret level, as you mentioned. I still missed 3 secrets.
The design is clean but a bit tedious, just brown bricks and metal floor, I think even Doom have more variety in texture ^^. The use of the red palette for the sky is a good idea.
Spoiler

I hope you don't take this criticisms for just bashing, it's not my attention.
You have mentioned others doom map you have made, perhaps a link on the first post could be a good idea. If you have released them here, I'll try to find them anyway.

Just a last remark, there's a Trooper who shoot me trough a wall !

Bye and thanks again for the release.
DotK3D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options