Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] MORSA DM - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] MORSA DM

Here's an...annoying DM map with lots of structural spritework.
Since >90% of the effort of the map went into the spritework, most of the map ended up looking the same, and it's sparse item-wise as well. (Good luck finding your way around it. The automap won't help you very much.)

(edit: screenshots added)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ToiletDuck64: 02 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Intriguing. I wonder if enemies would be able to walk around on the sprite structures without falling through.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

It shouldn't contain any enemies because it's a Death Match map.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

that's alotta sprites :)

User is offline   Paul B 

There are definitely not enough recent Death Match maps out there. This looks really cool I'm looking forward to trying it out. Wow, just took a look at the map in Mapster, it really is huge. You'd have to have a lot of players to find anyone in that maze of hallways. Sort of reminds me of an N64 007 map the way the ROR and hallways are made up. Interesting map.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 02 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I walked around in it for a while. It is an impressive construction, but it is not fit for any existing purpose. It is far too large and sprawling for DM, and it can't be easily retrofitted for singleplayer. I could see it being good for some kind of large scale team play (like CTF), but then the map would have to be divided cleanly into two symmetrical sides, with different color schemes on the different sides. And there would need to be coding for the gametype. And players.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 April 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

the map would have to be divided cleanly into two symmetrical sides, with different color schemes on the different sides. And there would need to be coding for the gametype. And players.

I was working on something like this during the holidays, but stopped when I went back to uni and my spare time was significantly reduced. I'm definitely going to finish it some time though.

I thought the original game already had some kind of CTF?

User is offline   Kyanos 

Team DM was almost in, art is there only. Some other MP ports have added team matches. I've never played it myself... Eduke32's MP will definitely have mods and such to get cool team CTF fortress basketball retro lulz :)

• Honored Donor

But didn't atomic edition have CTF using the last map of episode 4. the Queen?

User is offline   Kyanos 

Wow, I never noticed that, I don't think I've even looked at that map in mapster before today. Duke Tag, I played that once on Yang a few years ago now. I didn't even realize it was the queen map then haha. Did the scoreboard and stuff all work in atomic? It kept track of team score and stuff IIRC.

• Honored Donor

I've never played it or even know that much about it, but according to the infosuite, the effect which incrementally raises or lowers sectors was added specifically to keep score in Duke Tag IIRC.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options