Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Malignant Arena - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Malignant Arena  "A somewhat Doom-y final boss battle map"

I decided to try to make something that's a bit like the original "Stadium" stage/Cycloid Emperor final battle, but I decided to re-make it from scratch to be somewhat more Doom-style.

Screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Notes:
- That blimp isn't there initially; its appearance is triggered by something you do inside a secret room. (This effect was awkward to do...)
- I used some flickering light effects that don't show up well in still images like these.

A couple of the things I'd like to change but am not unlazy enough to (if they even can be fixed):
- You can still use the same strategy (dodging vertically, in addition to circle-strafing).
- Duke's automatically triggered lines end up talking over each other. (These aren't 1-time sounds or MUSICANDSFX set up in the map or something; they're things that happen based on non-map-specific logic - "Come get some!", "It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak!", etc., etc.)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ToiletDuck64: 03 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

Does it make sense to release a map containing nothing but a dull boss battle?

PS: lol

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

If this is his first map its good to start simple.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't think it is his first map. In any case, Cycloid Emperor fights are a bit too overrated in Duke to have an entire map based around it, at least without some really unique twist on it like that minimap I did for the 1.5 hour CBP: http://forums.duke4....post__p__121181

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options