Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Since mid-2013, I had been working on a pack of Duke3D addons which can be easily run from within the EDuke32 launcher by using the grpinfo feature. The result is a collection of about 109 groupfiles containing about 1.100 levels, almost 1.6 GB of data (uncompressed).

How it works:
- Creates an additional folder in your Duke3D directory ("addons") which contains all the groupfiles.
- You add -jaddons to your EDuke32 shortcut.
- When launching EDuke32, you will see all the groupfiles in the launcher afterwards.

Please see the readme file for full details.

• December 6, 2016: Version 3.13 has been released! You can download it on the HRP website (scroll to the bottom of the "Download" section). Enjoy!
  • November 30, 2016: Version 3.12 released
  • November 4, 2016: Version 3.11 released
  • September 30, 2016: Version 3.1 released (113 addons/1.100 levels)
  • June 30, 2016: Version 3.0 released (109 addons/1.100 levels)
  • April 19, 2016: Version 2.0 released (86 addons/1.000 levels)
  • December 24, 2014: Version 1.0 released (60 addons/670 levels)

Version 3.1/3.11/3.12 contains the following addons:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 December 2016 - 03:00 AM

• The Truth is in here

Project status: December 6, 2016

PROJECT ON HOLD - RETURNING IN 2017
Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016

CHANGELOG v3.13 (December 6, 2016)
Spoiler

Changelogs from previous releases:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 December 2016 - 03:03 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I would release the ones with fixes for crashes, outright broken map effects, huge rendering problems, etc. Should probably keep the stuff where you altered the actual content like music or the map layout to yourself unless you had permission to do so. As a general rule, I think it's pretty reasonable to say that any effort that goes to preserving and presenting the author's original vision is OK, and anything that alters that vision to your personal preferences is not.

User is offline   DarkDuke 

Welp, I can understand your hands being a bit tied, but i'd be psyched to see this come out in any form.

User is offline   MetHy 

It's always annoying when you download an old mod or episode and get errors when trying to run with eduke32, so this sounds like a great idea.
imo things like adding or changing music or changing the map in any way is a big no. If it sucks, it sucks, and if the player is stuck for too long in a map then the mapper should have done a better job and the player can cheat or move on to the next GRP if he wants to.

If you ever decide to stick with those changes of yours anyway, imo there should at least be a msg at the start of the episode ((in a way or another) telling players some things were altered.
No, people don't read readme files.

For the Roch and Red series (single maps made into an episode), there is always the possibility to build a weaponless playerspawn point while giving a pistol at the same time. Then you have a pistol start on each map. Though Merljin can be connected, and I can bet 100 bucks that Rouaud still checks his old e-mail from times to times in the hope that some new Duke fan praises his mapping legacy.

There is like half of the things you listed I haven't even played. imo DaikariN is a great and very underrated episode and I'm glad to see it in there, hopefully some of the other stuff I haven't played is as good too.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 24 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Does grpinfo work with ZIPs, too? That would be easier to maintain when GRP contents have changed anyway. I have messed with a couple of episodes as well, mostly in terms of HRP compatibility, though. Mapster32 not involved. Still I'd see some synergies ahead.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 24 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

User is offline   DarkDuke 

If things don't work out, i'd love to get PM'd a copy. I swear on my account i'm no distributor. D;

Oh well. But yeah, sounds like you're sitting on a total gem.

• The Truth is in here

The general question I also need to get answered is where to actually draw the line regarding what is OK and what isn't. It's already "bad" to compile maps which have previously been released separately as a (sort of) coherent episode, allowing you to carry over weapons from one map to the next - and if not, can/should it be solved by resetting inventory (like e.g. in "Duke Hard") or other measures?
There are things I consider being "borderline edits", e.g. adding MIDI tracks to "Last Reaction & Water Bases" according to the contents of the CON file provided with "Chimera" (which was supposed to be the third and final part of the series, but remained unfinished). The new soundtrack adds a lot to the atmosphere of the levels and makes them feel even more like a professionally made addon for the game, but fact remains that LR&WB had never been officially published this way, so it'd be a premiere and might need to somehow be marked as such.
Another change of this category: Moving whole episodes into a different slot so the proper finale cutscene is playing (done e.g. for "Secrets of the Acropolis" where you fight the Overlord at the end, but then the Battlelord cutscene pops up).

Most of the custom edits which go beyond mere fixing are about adding some hint signs at spots where you usually get stuck. The most extreme case I can remember right now is a crystal cave in one of the "Forklift" pack levels which was so completely messed up that it was beyond repair. So I tried to recreate it by myself, trying to imitate the original as closely as possible (for me). While the hint sprites in the other levels can be removed quite easily again, this change probably would have to stay - and I consider it rather being a fix than a fundamental, unintended change of gameplay/content. No idea how this was supposed to run and look properly in the first place, but when looking at how it was done, it's just a mess of countless sectors which hadn't been properly closed, "bleeding" out all over the place.

Since I have put several months of effort into this project, it'd be a shame not to share the results with others, but I really don't wanna piss off anyone who made these addons who wouldn't be OK with the way this is compiled and published. Some or my edits could be undone (which concern anything that goes beyond merely realigning sprites and fixing Polymost/Polymer rendering issues), but I'd have to run through many of the packs again for this which would require some time (not too much, though).

I will post my current readme which shows pretty much all the changes I have made to all the packs either tonight or tomorrow. Guess a good idea is to provide a list which gives info about which addons only got "repair" level treatment and which got more - and if so, what kind.

And @LeoD:
I think right now, grpinfo is really restricted to groupfiles only. At least I haven't figured out how to make it work with zipfiles.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 25 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNightFright, on 24 August 2014 - 11:48 PM, said:

The general question I also need to get answered is where to actually draw the line regarding what is OK and what isn't. It's already "bad" to compile maps which have previously been released separately as a (sort of) coherent episode, allowing you to carry over weapons from one map to the next - and if not, can/should it be solved by resetting inventory (like e.g. in "Duke Hard") or other measures?

I see no issue whatsoever with compiling the maps into one episode simply so that they can be played back to back. I think the solution to weapon carryover is to have an option--such as the same maps listed for both ep. 1 and ep. 2, but a con file will strip you of your weapons at the start of every level in ep. 2.

There are things I consider being "borderline edits", e.g. adding MIDI tracks to "Last Reaction & Water Bases" according to the contents of the CON file provided with "Chimera" (which was supposed to be the third and final part of the series, but remained unfinished). The new soundtrack adds a lot to the atmosphere of the levels and makes them feel even more like a professionally made addon for the game, but fact remains that LR&WB had never been officially published this way, so it'd be a premiere and might need to somehow be marked as such.

That's actually fairly compelling--it's not like the DCHRP where you made your own choices.

Another change of this category: Moving whole episodes into a different slot so the proper finale cutscene is playing (done e.g. for "Secrets of the Acropolis" where you fight the Overlord at the end, but then the Battlelord cutscene pops up).

I would imagine such an episode was placed in slot 2 for technical reasons (such as episode 1 ending early IIRC). Even though the boss might match up, the rest of the cutscene would not. Generally, it may be worthwhile to add cons that disable the ending ANMs.

Most of the custom edits which go beyond mere fixing are about adding some hint signs at spots where you usually get stuck. The most extreme case I can remember right now is a crystal cave in one of the "Forklift" pack levels which was so completely messed up that it was beyond repair. So I tried to recreate it by myself, trying to imitate the original as closely as possible (for me). While the hint sprites in the other levels can be removed quite easily again, this change probably would have to stay - and I consider it rather being a fix than a fundamental, unintended change of gameplay/content. No idea how this was supposed to run and look properly in the first place, but when looking at how it was done, it's just a mess of countless sectors which hadn't been properly closed, "bleeding" out all over the place.

Might the brokenness have been intended in some weird twisted way?

fixing Polymost/Polymer rendering issues

I don't know if we should make changes specifically for the OpenGL modes. If it works in classic, then ideally EDuke32 should be updated, instead of downgrading maps.

I will post my current readme which shows pretty much all the changes I have made to all the packs either tonight or tomorrow. Guess a good idea is to provide a list which gives info about which addons only got "repair" level treatment and which got more - and if so, what kind.

Sounds like a plan.

I think right now, grpinfo is really restricted to groupfiles only. At least I haven't figured out how to make it work with zipfiles.

It's better that it doesn't work with zipfiles. The big advantage with zipfiles is a folder structure, and anything new enough to benefit from a folder structure (i.e. defs) probably should wait for better startup window compat, and just use the custom game content directory method.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostNightFright, on 24 August 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

- "Red Series" by Merlijn van Oostrum (2001-2005)

Will you be using the Red 1 remake Merlijn released last year? :(

This post has been edited by Sgt. Rarity: 05 August 2015 - 07:07 AM

• The Truth is in here

Indeed, and without any changes. For historical reasons, "Redduke" would still be included, ofc (but not as part of the "episode"). It says "till 2005" because I copied the list from my readme file which I created early last year already, forgot about this little detail.

*EDIT*
Here is the list of the addons as promised. I have broken it down into 3 categories. Basically, 20 packs could theoretically be released directly since they contain no changes besides fixing map corruptions or sprite alignments. 15 more only have minor changes which I personally don't consider being severe, but it's up for discussion. 10 packs may not be included in their current form - some edits could be reverted, some definitely not. All of them still contain significant fixes for map corruptions leading to rendering issues in OpenGL.

Category 1: Fixes only (or no changes at all)
- 25th Century Duke (fixes for art with transparency issues)
- Borg Nukem (some corrections for spelling mistakes on monitors)
- Duke, It's ZeroHour (MIDI file fixes & non-functional doors)
- Dukeland (files grouped)
- Fusion TC (+ Fusion Redux)
- God of War
- Grins of Divinity
- JJ Duke Nukem 3D
- Metropolitan Mayhem
- New York Rebellion & Orbital Oblivion
- Plug and Pray Remake (grouped, release permission from ozelot47 given)
- Red Series (grouped release of maps, spelling mistakes fixed, texture realignments)
- Starship Troopers TC
- The Brave New World
- The Lost Duke Episodes
- Total Infiltration
- Vacation Cove
- Vermin Clearance
- WGRealms
- WGSpace Episode

Category 2: Fixes & minor changes
- 1999/2000 TC (only very minor texture changes in E1L6, otherwise only bugfixes)
- Burnt (minimal lighting enhancements in one level, reshaped boxes in another map)
- Critical Mass (3 additional MIDIs from "Duke Nukem II" added) *
- Crucial Conflict (soundtrack remapping) *
- DaikariN (soundtrack remapping) *
- Glavic Pack (collection of 15 maps by A. Glavic, grouped by theme: ADG episode, space, base, city; soundtrack remapping; spelling corrections)
- Infestation in Time (regrouped, spelling corrections)
- Last Reaction & Water Bases (custom MIDI soundtrack according to Chimera CON info, edits of E2L7, E3L7, E3L8 and E3L9 which could be reverted mostly) *
- Lost Highway (episode slot changed, map titles translated) *
- MatH Pak (grouped, CON update, soundtrack remapping, episode slot changed) *
- Moonbase Accident (grouped, removal of any HRP content)
- MSSP Episode (typo fixes)
- Platoon TC (includes 2 bonus missions with custom levels, episode rearrangements and minimal texture change in one level) *
- Roch Series (grouped release of maps)
- The Final Confrontation (episode slot changed, 1 MIDI track changed) *

Category 3: Fixes & considerable changes
- Alien Invasion (crash fix, hint sprite added in E2L5, wall crack in E3L5 bigger) *
- Chimera (adding missing files, kinda fixing non-functional exit switch)
- Duke Los Angeles (explosion blast radiuses reset to standard) *
- Forklift Pack (three addons grouped into one 3 episode groupfile: Complex, The Prequel to Time, Time --> restauration of original chaingun sprite, soundtrack remapping, completely redone sector for highly corrupted small cave area in COMPLEX1)
- Incubation: Alien Apocalyse (Hint sprite for secret exit added in E1L3) *
- Mic Episode (typo fixes, 1 hint sprite in last level added) *
- Nuclear Pack (Replacements of some midis/missing sounds, minor boost of Atomic Health replacement) *
- Secrets of the Acropolis (episode slot changed, level stat screen adjusted, edits of SOTA3 for some tricky passages, light changed in SOTA7) *
- Steve Long Episodes (soundtrack remapping & custom MIDIs added, optional highlights episode, TONS of playability/visual edits which cannot be reverted)
- The Gate (added some hint sprites, removed optional - and probably unintended - skipping of one boss fight) *

* Reversion of gameplay/map changes possible

My personal opinion about the category 3 edits:
- Chimera: These edits don't change the nature of the maps considerably. I rather consider them being fixes.
- Duke L.A.: Merely one CON edit done. However, since the blast radii were insanely high, resetting them to standard made it a lot more playable.
- Forklift: Impossible to revert these changes.
- Mic Episode: No problem removing that one hint sprite I added in one level. Typo fixes for screens etc. can stay.
- Nuclear Pack: Rather a restauration project, but the atomic health edit in the CON file can be undone.
- Secrets of the Acropolis: The episode slot change doesn't cause any trouble. I could revert the changes done to those two maps rather easily.
- Steve Long: These maps were mostly broken and required some edits to become playable. I am currently trying to contact Steve Long about this.
- The Gate: This is a classic and SHOULD be included. Edited maps can be reverted, but I think that boss fight shouldn't be optional. Looks to me as if the level wasn't meant to be a boss map at first and later they forgot to remove the sector tag that caused the level to end when you reached it.

Here are the categories of edits you can expect. Things I consider being acceptable are green, stuff you guys probably want me to avoid are red.

Level editing:
- Fixing map corruptions
- Fixing crashes or non-functional level parts (e.g. exits)
- Correction of texture alignments
- Correction of typos on monitors etc.
- Non-invasive CON edits (update codes to avoid error messages)

- Adding sprites or anything else that alters the appearance of levels in any way

Arrangement/organization:
- Grouping files
- Adding previously missing files
- Switching episodes to different slots (for cutscene playback)
- Compiling maps of a series which had been released separately into episode (optionally: removal of weapons when entering next map)

Music:
- Fixing existing MIDI tracks (removing long parts of silence, normalizing volumes etc)
- Remapping of original Duke3D soundtrack (I admit it's interpretation from my side, but adds diversity and doesn't change much)
- Adding new tracks (exception: LR&WB, based on Chimera con entries)

In the attachment, you find the readme the way it is right now, with a more detailled lineup of the changes I have applied.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 August 2014 - 06:32 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostNightFright, on 24 August 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

[*] "Metropolitan Mayhem"
- E5L02: Many sprites in outdoor areas will have transparent borders due to some Polymer renderer issue
- E5L14: Two swing doors will not open. The only way to get through is by using the DNCLIP cheat

Can't do anything about the Polymer thing (and as far as MM+Polymer is concerned, I couldn't care less); but what's the issue with the doors exactly? I've just checked the map using a very recent EDuke32 and there is no problem. There are two doors which are locked by two semi hidden switches but you can't be refering to that.

So you haven't changed anything as far as MM is concerned?

This post has been edited by MetHy: 29 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

• The Truth is in here

Nope, I haven't changed anything about the maps (nothing that is visible), they look exactly the same. Was only about some background stuff.

I had played MM quite a while ago, will give it another run with latest EDuke32. It's also possible that I was running Polymer back then. I should probably just recommend turning it off for this mod and forget about the rendering issues. About the doors, I will check it again this weekend, maybe I just wasn't able to figure it out when I played it for the first time.

*EDIT*
Actually, I have decided to undo ALL the changes I have applied to MM. I will just integrate the con into the groupfile and that's it. Should render properly in software and Polymost, will add note that Polymer shouldn't be used with this and that's it.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 29 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostNightFright, on 24 August 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

[*] "Lost Highway"
E1L3 "Toxic Gas": After passing the pump, you cannot dive up in one of the following turbine chambers. By realigning water teleport 7/702+, I made it possible to complete the level. However, if you dive too high, you will end up in the same sector as before again. Would have to be solved with TROR, but I can't pull it off.

you have to change it to a one-way teleporter se23. se7 to se7 won't work underwater after v1.3

• The Truth is in here

Hey, that did the trick. You can't go back after turning it into a one-way teleporter, but actually in this situation, you probably would never want to go back, anyway. A solid fix for the problem, thanks a lot!

*EDIT September 1*
Work is getting done. With the help of some comm members, I was able to add sprite resize bug fixes to the remaining addons that needed it. Still needs some testing, but looks good already.
As for the soundtrack changes, I have decided to keep this as an option: By default, you will play with the standard music that came with the mod in the beginning. You could change the con file in addons.grpinfo however and you would get my own version if you wish. A fair compromise, I'd say.
I hope to solve the map compilations in a similar way (you can choose to keep weapons or not when changing maps via con selection). I have contacted Pascal Rouaud (Roch), Merlin van Oostrum (Red) and Alejandro Glavic (ADG Episode and others) to get their permissions for the release. I have also tried to send an email to Steve W. Long about my edits done to his map pack, but whether he will answer is uncertain since I don't know if I have an email address he is still checking. Jeremy "Forklift" Wilson would probably be the last one on my list.

@EDuke32 coding team:
Is EDuke32 currently able to parse more than one .grpinfo file at once (without the last one overriding all the others)? If it doesn't, that may be a feature worth considering maybe. I could for example release a core package with the most popular addons first and add another pack with the less known ones later (especially since some of them are waiting for author feedback). In general, it's possibly also good for other purposes, e.g. if you want to sort groupfiles in different subdirs, loading them with -j parameters on demand as some kinda switches (so you can decide what should be shown in the selection window).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

@NightFright:
Just to know in advance: do your map edits involve any maphack equivalent changes?
This would mean a full MHK review for each affected map.
Otherwise I'd only have to check the sprite numbers and adapt them if necessary.

• The Truth is in here

Errrrr... not that I can remember right now. In general, when I was realigning sprites, I maintained their original orientation.

However, keep in mind that for many of the addons that will be included in this pack, HRP usage is not recommended due to custom sprite/texture replacements that would get lost with highres substitutions. But then again, everyone is free to try.

I am basically done with my work on the pack for now. Waiting for some authors I have contacted to send replies. The last thing I have to figure out is to reset weapons/inventories via CON code for some level compilations (ROCH and part of the A. Glavic pack), and only for specific levels if possible.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

About Last Reaction & Water Bases:

- The lookup palette is slightly different in Chimera TC (pal 6 is now purple), should that be included?
- There is a bug involving the size of explosions. Apparently the "Old Drone" was meant to spawn smaller explosions, but instead all explosions have that size due to a duplicate 1890 definition.
define SMALLEXPLOSION 1890

• The Truth is in here

The Chimera palette would make a few things look quite wierd in LR&WB. There is a level named "Khaki Space" which doesn't look khaki at all if you load it with the wrong palette. That's why I decided to provide separate releases. I cannot recommend playing the LR&WB levels which will be included with the Chimera release. Anyway, the only thing LR&WB will inherit from Chimera are the music definitions (while I had to dig up the MIDIs by myself since they were not included).

About the explosion: Interesting find, I never noticed that by myself. Looking at the ART packs inside the LR&WB groupfile, it seems like the author didn't provide alternate versions of the explosions. Is there a way to kinda clone the 1890 explosion as a separate new tileset and use that for the drone boss instead?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 September 2014 - 12:24 AM

User is offline   Fox 

The "Old Drone" is the enemy from Lameduke. I suppose it would work if you did this:

remove this
define SMALLEXPLOSION 1890
useractor notenemy SMALLEXPLOSION 1 EXPLOSION_FRAMES
  sizeat 24 24
  ifactioncount 20
    killit
enda

and replace this (two instances)
spawn SMALLEXPLOSION

with this
espawn EXPLOSION2
setactor[RETURN].xrepeat 24
setactor[RETURN].yrepeat 24

This post has been edited by Fox: 05 September 2014 - 02:43 AM

• The Truth is in here

Great, this fix works like a charm! Actually, seems the author noticed the issue in Chimera - he pretty much applied exactly your changes to the CON file, so it the issue should only be present in LR&WB.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 September 2014 - 03:31 AM

User is offline   Fox 

I think he removed the smaller explosions entirely, that's not what I did.

• The Truth is in here

I have used your code for LR&WB, anyway. Checked with RPG and pipebombs, and explosions are bigger now than with previous con code for sure. Didn't take a look at the old drone, but since I get no error message in the logs, I assume that will check out fine, too.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 September 2014 - 03:56 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostNightFright, on 04 September 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

However, keep in mind that for many of the addons that will be included in this pack, HRP usage is not recommended due to custom sprite/texture replacements that would get lost with highres substitutions. But then again, everyone is free to try.
Workarounds with satisfactory outcome are possible for a number of episodes and maps. I've made a couple of them so far. Maybe I'll publish some kind of user ART compatibility pack next year.
And, btw, there is still the Voxel Pack which can make use of maohacks, too ...

• The Truth is in here

Well, changing rotations in any of these addons was kinda unnecessary since I have been working completely in non-HRP mode (which makes absolute sense, ofc). And since I haven't added any sprites anywhere (besides in the Forklift and Steve packs), nothing should have changed.

In any case, by now I have the official release permissions from following authors:
- MetHy & Mikko Sandt for "Metropolitan Mayhem" (I decided to change absolutely nothing here besides putting the con file into the grp)
- Merlijn van Oostrum for "Red Series" (Merlijn is OK with the episodic arrangement - you still lose your stuff in RED3 for dramatic purposes. Music and custom soundfiles are kept 100% - required very minor edits in RED5)
- ozelot47 for "Plug and Pray Remake"

I won't get permission for everything, but I am trying to get blessings at least for the arranged groupfiles or where I have really changed something. Still pending:
- Glavic Pack (ADG episode + custom maps from A. Glavic)
- Steve Pack (no idea if Steve Long is still reachable somehow)
- Forklift Pack (for the third "Complex" map since I had to recreate one small section --> I don't think I will find anyone for that, either - but in the end, the map remains faithful)

I am going to solve the thing with custom soundtracks etc. quite conveniently:
There will be a separate and optional zipfile you can additionally load along with the addon pack. If you do so, you will get enhancements that go beyond mere restaurations - mostly soundtrack rearrangements, new tracks (e.g. I added a custom soundtrack for "Last Reaction", but opposite to "Water Bases", this one isn't covered by any con info, so it's an "invention" from my side) or widescreen graphics (right now only for "Nuclear Showdown"). The addon pack will work 100% without this file. Right now, it doesn't work as easily as I wished, but maybe the EDuke32 guys can still do something about it.

User is offline   MetHy 

Can you add Age Of Evil ? I've played it for the first time recently and it's pretty decent.

Also I don't understand your choice of the 'A. Glavic pack'. IMO ADG Episode should be seperate, just like any other episode/tc/mod, and if there is A. Glavic pack, it should contain everything except ADG Episode.

Also you're crediting Duke Hard "- by MetHy, Jblade, Micky C, Daedolon, MRCK et.al. (2014)"; can you change that to "by the Duke4 community". Since it's not possible to put every name (and you wouldn't do that for other TCs either) it's what I resorted to do while saying there is full credits in the TXT as well.

User is offline   zykov eddy 

But where's Hard Gay addon?

Posted Image

• The Truth is in here

I have already thought about splitting ADG episode off the "Glavic pack" for a separate version again, and as soon as I have time for it, it's most likely gonna happen.

Eventually, I have to stop adding new stuff because it will get too much. Still trying to figure out some problems I currently encounter in some of the addons which are already included. I could imagine releasing an "addon for the addon" later on. I will take a look at AoE, though.

The "Duke Hard" credits will also be changed.

*EDIT*
OK, looks like "Age of Evil" integration is possible, so it'll be included. I will also separate "ADG Episode", but after this I should really call it a day for additional entries for the time being.
I am still trying to get in touch with Steve Long which doesn't seem to be easy, and it'd be great if "Nuclear Showdown" was restored to full EDuke32 compatibility/functionality. Also, if someone can find that widescreen version of the Super Devastator (from "Duke Xtreme") or create a new one, I'd be very grateful.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

Can you add The Christmas Project? There is a patch to make it compatible with EDuke32 on Dukeworld and all you need is the DN3D GRP, I just tried it and it works no problem (the only thing that felt weird to me is that for the ending I only got a white screen with some sounds, but that might be normal, not sure). I know it's short but it's more amazing than most other stuff.

What about a whole category for mods that stray away from DN3D? Like The Christmas Project, Zombie Crisis, that Hard Gay addon, etc

Edit : also Army Of Death! I remember enjoying a lot.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 04 October 2014 - 01:19 AM

• The Truth is in here

I will see if it makes sense to add even more. As I wrote before, I'd like to get some things fixed first regarding existing contents. The addon pack as it is right now is already like 1.1 GB, which is a quite a lot - and I certainly don't wanna add like half of the Dukeworld archives. Eventually you just have to call it a day. Additional packs can still be released later (also separately if that's a common request).

*EDIT October 6*
"Christmas Project" and "Army of Death" have been added after all. :)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 06 October 2014 - 04:38 AM

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options