Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Bloodstone Courtyard - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Bloodstone Courtyard  "A small Doom-style map with a different theme"

User is offline   ToiletDuck64 

My newest Doom-style map is called "Bloodstone Courtyard".
I decided to give this map a different "theme" from what my other Doom-style maps are like (different enough that I don't see it fitting together into the same episode or something, for instance).

Screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Sanek 

Played it.
I liked it less than your previous maps. It's a little bit too short and hard for me. Don't get me wrong - it's a nice liitle map overall, with good idea that's rarely used nowadays. That's just too bad that market for such maps died a long time ago. But in this day and age, when we have about 15 maps per year, every new release will be welcome. :)

User is offline   Forge 

The map is okay. This kind of level didn't really require much aesthetics, and the old-school raise the stone pillars and jump around has retro-charm, but I was expecting at least another room or two. So my only real gripe is that it's too short.

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

I agree with Forge, it's a cool concept and it's executed fairly well. But the map is really short.
It would have been cool if one of the rooms behind the keycard doors had a teleporter to a new section.

But keep building and releasing maps, I still had fun playing. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options