Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Departure Chambers - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Departure Chambers  "A big and complicated Doom-style map"

This is probably the biggest and most complicated Doom-style map I've made up to this point. Here's a partial list of the fun things in this level:
- There are one-way teleporters all over the place.
- There are a few teleporters that send you to different places depending on which side you enter them from.

Screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ToiletDuck64: 13 July 2017 - 12:26 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

32 minutes, 29 seconds...whew...
I like how your maps gets better with each new release in terms of design, size and enemy ratio (on Let's Rock at least)....but sadly, the layout of this map is just way too complicated for it's own good. I like maps that poses a solid challenge, but this one just becomes frustrating and tedious. I got myself disorientated when I've played it for the first time, and have to restart it - still took me a whopping half hour!
In short, I don't like the layout of the map, but I like the design of it - large windows with enemies in the distance, raising bars etc.

This post has been edited by Sanek: 13 July 2017 - 06:59 AM

Wow, first time i play a map like this from yours, and i admit i pretty liked it ! Very long to complete and a bit frustrating, but it's an enjoyable frustration :D

I like how doom style is recreated through secret areas placement (found only 5 at the first time), invisible walls/impossible jumps, enemy amount, raising platforms and puzzles. To play with original doom Midis ;)

Just a mention: so many switches do activate things without knowing -which- ; have you considered adding cameras (though this is really not doom-ish) ?

However, i think i'll play all of your other maps of this kind :P

This post has been edited by RichardStorm: 14 July 2017 - 04:22 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options