Duke4.net Forums: Release Moontang Episode 1 - Brig it on - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release Moontang Episode 1 - Brig it on  "New Release"

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#1

Moontang Episode 1 - Brig it on

Here's my new map Moontang Episode 1 - Brig it on. Polymer

Brig escape adventure map when the base is overtaken by aliens.

Next Episode planned is Moontang - Green Cheeze for Everyone.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image




B) Moontang - Brig it on, Download Link B)

Updated with Demo cams some minor fixes & World Tour version

Massive Out....

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 12 October 2016 - 07:56 AM

17

User is offline   Jolteon 

  • 482

#2

I just played through this level, and it is pretty good. Found 4 secrets but missed 1. I also liked the beginning where it tells you how Duke Nukem (And Doomguy) were both thrown into jail (It's pretty funny actually :P ). I will point out however that when you're in the cart to the slime area, the Sentry Drones won't hurt you when they explode (But the turrets still do). Either way, this is a cool level. Keep it up. B)

Also Protozoid Slimers are your best friends against the Gremlins!

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 26 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

1

User is offline   Polunka 

  • 80

#3

Not gonna write big posts now but simply will say that I liked the map! Took me 21 mins, found 4 secrets as well. Liked the challenge with the commander at the beginning (where you have only the pistol and some tripmines, given that you can even happen being unaware of the pistol's presence in that area before actually killing the commander), liked the feature of vending machines gifting you goodies upon using them, liked the arena-type fight at the end (monsters spawn in groups with difficulty gradually increasing with each new group), of course liked the joke with Duke and Doom Marine being jailed because of
Spoiler
Well, I'm not talking about the design/lighting/whatever you know why, I'll let someone else criticise you on those. Ammo/moster ratio was fine. This is all I can tell.

P.S.: As for the drones not hurting you while riding the cart, I can't tell I didn't like it, but if you want those drones to have some purpose, then I guess you might wanna do sth about it.

P.P.S.: Oh, btw, I think I've found a glitch which I'm not sure whether you will wish to fix since it's not at all important to proceed through the map: the switch closing the door of the elevator at the beginning from the inside can't be pressed unless you use the noclipping cheat, looks like it's placed a bit too far away from any position you can possibly achieve (without noclip) (see the attachment; also, I don't think you'll need an automap shot).

Attached thumbnail(s)

  • Attached Image: duke0001.png


This post has been edited by Polunka: 26 August 2016 - 08:52 PM

2

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#4

View PostPolunka, on 26 August 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:


P.S.: As for the drones not hurting you while riding the cart, I can't tell I didn't like it, but if you want those drones to have some purpose, then I guess you might wanna do sth about it.

P.P.S.: Oh, btw, I think I've found a glitch which I'm not sure whether you will wish to fix since it's not at all important to proceed through the map: the switch closing the door of the elevator at the beginning from the inside can't be pressed unless you use the noclipping cheat, looks like it's placed a bit too far away from any position you can possibly achieve (without noclip) (see the attachment; also, I don't think you'll need an automap shot).


The drones are there purely for entertainment since too much in that area would cause players to miss thier stop.

Elevator interior button is KICK ONLY by design. In the text file allready ( otherwise it could be reached from outside )

I see a bug on my last screenshot I tagged a master switch wrong will fix all bugs at once after thier all found.

Massive Out....
1

User is offline   Polunka 

  • 80

#5

View PostCaptain Massive, on 26 August 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Elevator interior button is KICK ONLY by design. In the text file allready ( otherwise it could be reached from outside )

Guess you might as well just add another security message about the kick-only switch (for example, as if it was a broken switch or sth, like you did with the door of the spacesuit room) :lol:

(Tho it means you'd have to add another sector to the map, maybe even 2 if you count the child sector for the sec screen)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 26 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

0

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#6

View PostJolteon, on 26 August 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

I just played through this level, and it is pretty good. Found 4 secrets but missed 1. I also liked the beginning where it tells you how Duke Nukem (And Doomguy) were both thrown into jail (It's pretty funny actually :P ). I will point out however that when you're in the cart to the slime area, the Sentry Drones won't hurt you when they explode (But the turrets still do). Either way, this is a cool level. Keep it up. B)

Also Protozoid Slimers are your best friends against the Gremlins!


I used them as randomizers my 1st test they ate a mini boss. ( this way every time you play it, it can/might be different.


View PostPolunka, on 26 August 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

Guess you might as well just add another security message about the kick-only switch (for example, as if it was a broken switch or sth, like you did with the door of the spacesuit room) :lol:

(Tho it means you'd have to add another sector to the map, maybe even 2 if you count the child sector for the sec screen)


Can't add new sectors I want to stay in the 1024 sector build limit It has 1021 now, a monitor would take up 5 to match the others.
Posted Image
How's this instead? ( Footprint was there allready but despawns before you can reach it. )

View PostPolunka, on 26 August 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

Well, I'm not talking about the design/lighting/whatever you know why, I'll let someone else criticise you on those.

I hope you didn't play it in HRP - Vine textures don't match up, palettes aren't compatible and causes lag. HRP makes it too bright killing all my shading work.
( Pluss I'll never forgive them for making the french fries worms/maggots ) the word criticise makes me think you might have.

PS: what does sth mean?

Update: Fixed exit button so you dont go half way into it while pressing it. ( If thats it I'd call it a smooth release, I'll wait till tuesday, update it and give it a home over at CGS. )

Massive Out....

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 27 August 2016 - 09:07 AM

3

User is offline   Polunka 

  • 80

#7

View PostCaptain Massive, on 27 August 2016 - 06:12 AM, said:

Can't add new sectors I want to stay in the 1024 sector build limit It has 1021 now, a monitor would take up 5 to match the others.
Posted Image
How's this instead? ( Footprint was there allready but despawns before you can reach it. )

Good, now it's clear that you have to kick it, tho once again the switch is not at all important, just to make everything look more detailed or sth. Btw, would be even better if the footprint didn't disappear :P

Quote

I hope you didn't play it in HRP - Vine textures don't match up, palettes aren't compatible and causes lag. HRP makes it too bright killing all my shading work.
( Pluss I'll never forgive them for making the french fries worms/maggots ) the word criticise makes me think you might have.

I don't ever play with HRP (unless I'm forced to, like in Duke Plus, since there's that Imperium Cannon weapon that doesn't have sprites but only a 3d model, AFAIK). And why would the word "criticise" make you think I used HRP?

Quote

PS: what does sth mean?

Sth means "something", simply a colloquial shortener or whatever. Btw, I think recently I've started using this a little too much, probably.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 27 August 2016 - 07:38 AM

0

User is offline   Sanek 

  • 391

#8

When you want to play new release and then you find out about Polymer

Posted Image
0

User is offline   PsychoGoatee 

  • 441

#9

Kudos on your mapping! Very nicely designed map, I enjoyed the view along the way (the spinning thingy with the RPG for example), and the combat encounters were well put together. Some of the puzzley-buttony bits were a bit much for my mushbrain at the moment, but I enjoyed this romp. Keep rockin' good sir.
0

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#10

View PostSanek, on 27 August 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

When you want to play new release and then you find out about Polymer



Don't fret its not laggy like my other map, give it a go - Just avoid HRP on this one ( it does it no favors ).

Hey play in normal mode then you whore, its not like I didn't shade it properly.

Massive Out....

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 09 September 2016 - 08:47 AM

0

User is offline   Polunka 

  • 80

#11

View PostCaptain Massive, on 28 August 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

Don't fret its not laggy like my other map, give it a go - Just avoid HRP on this one ( it does it no favors ).

Well, the only point that made my framerate drop to shit (iirc) was the fight with 2 commanders near the RPG. There were some other places with FPS drops, but they didn't spoil any fun at all.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 28 August 2016 - 06:22 AM

0

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#12

Just updated with all skill levels ( be warned Come Get Some+ is difficult and Peace of Cake might be to easy for some ).

Changed exit because the old one made me sad. :(

Re-balanced explosives so Damn I'm Good is playable.

Deleted all unused sectors for a tighter map and framerate ( I'm getting zero lag ). 990 sec used.

Map is final thanks for your input. B)

Massive Out....

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 29 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

0

User is offline   ck3D 

  • 271

#13

woah those screenshots look dope ! honestly the atmosphere probably owes a lot to the polymer lighting but you did pull that off really well anyway it seems (sorry for being a classic Duke 3D-look and -feel nerd). adding this to my ever-growing list of recently released maps and mods to catch up on... i need to make some time for this game again

This post has been edited by ck3D: 29 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

0

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#14

Pulled back the text cameras slightly, moved a touchplate in cave so its unlikely you can get trapped on the wrong side.

B) Moontang - Brig it on, Download Link B)

Massive Out....
0

User is offline   Merlijn 

  • 386

#15

Sweet map, I had a lot of fun playing it. Fire fights were well thougt out, I especially liked the last battle.
I could run the map with polymer (which is a first for me :P), and really like how the sector based shading and the polymer lightning complemented each other.

Also liked seeing all the little touches, like those washing machines (very creative!) and the jokes about Duke Nukem and Doomguy. :)
It's stuff like that which makes a map stand out.

Only minor negative point was having an 8 button puzzle, unless I missed a hint or something.
Now I just randomly tried different combinations until I hit the right one.

BTW I got your map from MSDN, I hope that was the most recent version.

This post has been edited by Merlijn: 04 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

0

User is offline   Jblade 

  • 1,428

#16

Just checked out the map myself this morning, it was pretty good - I also liked the Duke and Doom guy jokes, but the map still had some interesting and innovative features as well. keep up the good work!
0

User is offline   zykov eddy 

  • 883

#17

Great map! Awesome gameplay, love the new features. A little bit short, though.
Also, it's possible to kick the switch outside the elevator door to skip the button puzzle. I couldn't find the combination, so I just kicked the switch.
0

User is offline   Polunka 

  • 80

#18

View Postzykov eddy, on 04 September 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

Also, it's possible to kick the switch outside the elevator door to skip the button puzzle. I couldn't find the combination, so I just kicked the switch.

I'm pretty sure it's gotta be
Spoiler
so it shouldn't be hard at all to find it.
0

User is offline   Merlijn 

  • 386

#19

Ah yes, found it!

Spoiler


This post has been edited by Merlijn: 05 September 2016 - 12:38 PM

0

User is offline   LeoD 

  • 475

#20

Now that's what a modern release should be like! (Too short though....) Great work, man!
Spoiler


Polymost HRP / Z-Pack: customize your HRP | User Map Maphacks
"Redneck Rampage has chickens. If you put a chicken in Duke3D then it's Duke3D with a chicken."
0

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#21

View PostMerlijn, on 04 September 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

Sweet map, I had a lot of fun playing it. Fire fights were well thougt out, I especially liked the last battle.
I could run the map with polymer (which is a first for me :P), and really like how the sector based shading and the polymer lightning complemented each other.

Also liked seeing all the little touches, like those washing machines (very creative!) and the jokes about Duke Nukem and Doomguy. :)
It's stuff like that which makes a map stand out.

Only minor negative point was having an 8 button puzzle, unless I missed a hint or something.
Now I just randomly tried different combinations until I hit the right one.

BTW I got your map from MSDN, I hope that was the most recent version.


What's MSDN?!! Microsoft Developer Network maybe? I forgot demo cams and a made duke match more fair in my latest unreleased ver. but waiting for world tour, Plus some other minor tweaks/fixes like Palette 10 in some unwanted areas.

CGS has my most current.


View PostLeoD, on 08 September 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

Now that's what a modern release should be like! (Too short though....) Great work, man!
Spoiler



THANKS! for the complements, also it is too short so you can play it with less/no lag in poly mode. :Note all my maps going forward will be within the orginal build limits 1024sec to avoid a 2nd Hogwash ( my other map ) lagfest.

Those Buttons you can shoot those... sooo yea... you can't use those. The whole idea was to have so you can't get to it from outside, but I failed in my attemps it seems. ( Might delete button ).

Massive Out....
0

User is offline   Polunka 

  • 80

#22

View PostCaptain Massive, on 09 September 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

What's MSDN?!! Microsoft Developer Network maybe?

MSDN (msdn.duke4.net) is Mikko Sandt's Duke 3D dedicated website (I hope you know who Mikko is).
0

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#23

View PostPolunka, on 11 September 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

MSDN (msdn.duke4.net) is Mikko Sandt's Duke 3D dedicated website (I hope you know who Mikko is).


Ahh OK the review girl. ( guessing it's a girl from her name/avitar ).

Massive Out....
2

User is offline   Polunka 

  • 80

#24

View PostCaptain Massive, on 11 September 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

Ahh OK the review girl. ( guessing it's a girl from her name/avitar ).

He could be a girl if he wasn't a man :D (Mikko is a Finnish veteran Duke mapper/reviewer, I think he must be in his early 30s now; and actually his name is the Finnish equivalent of Michael or sth like that.)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 18 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

0

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#25

View PostPolunka, on 18 September 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

He could be a girl if he wasn't a man :D (Mikko is a Finnish veteran Duke mapper/reviewer, I think he must be in his early 30s now; and actually his name is the Finnish equivalent of Michael or sth like that.)


That just reminded me of the saying/comeback about the word "if". ( "If" my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle ).


Thanks for clearing that up, my daughter has a freind named that, I guess it translates differently here in the Philippines.


I'll just add a Whoops my bad sorry dude too this. :blink:

Massive Out....

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 18 September 2016 - 10:06 PM

0

User is offline   Polunka 

  • 80

#26

View PostCaptain Massive, on 18 September 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

That just reminded me of the saying/comeback about the word "if". ( "If" my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle ).


Thanks for clearing that up, my daughter has a freind named that, I guess it translates differently here in the Philippines.


I'll just add a Whoops my bad sorry dude too this. :blink:

No problem, man, I guess Mikko wouldn't mind as well.
0

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#27

B) Moontang - Brig it on, Download Link B)

Updated with Demo cams some minor fixes & World Tour version



Since we cannot upload workshop yet just download one the 3 maps there and open its folder should look something like

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\434050\779390243"

And rename MoontangWT.map to that maps name and replace it. I used 2STORY.map to test and make changes since the renderer is different.


Unfortunately I could not get the music to work.


There 2 maps in the file Moontang.map is for Eduke32 only MoontangWT.map is for World Tour only.

And for goodness sake run it in polymer mode for EDuke32 it has no lag anyways.

Massive Out....
1

User is offline   Jolteon 

  • 482

#28

I'm not sure if this was in the original, but I spotted a glitch in the World Tour version of the level.

Attached Image: glitch.png
1

User is offline   Captain Massive 

  • 140

#29

View PostShadow Jolteon, on 13 October 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

I'm not sure if this was in the original, but I spotted a glitch in the World Tour version of the level.

Attachment glitch.png


Dude thanks.

I tested it until I was allmost dead.

hopefully I can find this error.

I had to add extra sectors to the washing machines becuase they gliched on that renderer and alot more.

From that shot I cant be sure were that is, could you please elaborate?

Massive Out....

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 13 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

0

User is offline   Jolteon 

  • 482

#30

View PostCaptain Massive, on 13 October 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

From that shot I cant be sure were that is, could you please elaborate?


It was inside the cave from where you entered from the lift outside (When you reach the end, near the door, the way behind you collapse, preventing back tracking).

Edit: It only happens in classic render, it doesn't happen at all in True 3D render. Only in Classic render. (I played it with Classic render because running it in true 3D render in World Tour made my game run sluggish)

This post has been edited by Shadow Jolteon: 13 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options