Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   RunningDuke 

View PostHendricks266, on 09 February 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

>gets mad about downvote
>calls the downvoter immature

Nagging about progress is bad posting. (The previous post was only a week ago.) Downvotes are for bad posts. It's not any more complicated than that. This is not the first time you've done this.

But let's not clutter up this thread any more, shall we?

Yes, I know it's not the first time I have done that but I was curious about when's the update coming. I don't think it's that bad to ask from time to time, though maybe I shouldn't have asked that early, should have waited a few more weeks. Also I find it funny how I got yet another downvote, this time from Jimmy. Did you tell him to downvote me too? ;) Or it's mostly for that "Edit" part of the post? Just curious. ;)
And just FYI, I am not mad about downvotes...as long as they are on bad posts that I make and I admit I got a bit pissed off because of a simple innocent question I asked but if you say that "nagging about progress is bad posting", then I will not nag you (and anymore else on that matter) anymore about progress. Happy now? So let's stop here with derailing the topic.

As for on topic, Major Tom, I only remember suggesting Pray Your Prayers before and maybe Merc 2 but I don't know if NightFright said will add them. We will wait for his response. I haven't played any of the addons, so I don't know how they are but I think PYP is the better one of the ones you listed.

User is offline   Major Tom 

View PostRunningDuke, on 09 February 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

As for on topic, Major Tom, I only remember suggesting Pray Your Prayers before and maybe Merc 2 but I don't know if NightFright said will add them. We will wait for his response. I haven't played any of the addons, so I don't know how they are but I think PYP is the better one of the ones you listed.

Understandable. I figured that since the one temporary weapon from The AMC TC is a featured gun in PYP, it might be included in the compilation....that, and all four that I mentioned were also given pretty good scores over at MSDN.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

If you knew what I am doing right now, you would understand that adding new contents is currently not my priority in this project. That may be a disappointment for most of you, but some of the addons were really not working too well pretty much since the beginning, and the coming update is supposed to take care of that.

I am also working closely with Hendricks this time who has really proven helpful and forthcoming regarding some issues I have brought to his attention. EDuke32 will see some adjustments that will help me do things the way I want to do them.

So, bottom line of this: There will be a few new entries in the new version, but it won't be too overwhelming. On the other hand, expect the old contents to be polished in a really thorough way. This will be a milestone since from then on, the focus can return to adding more. Even though I have always said that the purpose of this project has never been to add so much. Scrolling through all the entries in the EDuke32 launcher is not a simple feat by now (maybe something can be done about that, too), but it won't stop me from checking for more worthy additions.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 09 February 2018 - 11:55 PM

User is offline   RunningDuke 

No problem, I'm glad you explained what's going on currently. In that case I can wait for the newest version, it will be worth the wait for sure.

As for the new entries, it's not a big loss if you don't include some of them for now as I'd rather prefer more polished existing addons and the inclusion of missing maps from authors that have some maps included already, such as including all MRCK's maps, all Paul's maps, the whole CBP Series and so on.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am currently optimizing the compilation to support features that are not even implemented in EDuke32 yet, so bear with me until I can actually check how it's working out. Also, due to the nature of the changes, considerable testing of pretty much everything will be required.

For that reason, it's also not a good idea to give a definite release date at this time. I would like it to happen at the end of this month, but I prefer to rather make sure everything is working by checking everything in several waves until I am sure nothing major slipped my attention. I'll keep you posted about progress here when appropriate. There's also some surprise element involved, so please understand that I won't reveal much about what's coming before the release.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 10 February 2018 - 05:15 AM

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options