Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 69 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

For the past 2,5 weeks I'd been playing Oblivion TC - no hints no walkthrough run. God knowns I'm so fucking tired.
I can only report Empire Mothership II prison sequence not working as intended (you can't kick the barrel, but you can activate the switch through the wall)

But this is not what I'm here for. I've just beat E5L1 (the cube level). Motherfucker.
Here's the best of a guide I have for beating this level. There are SOME inaccuracies (i have no idea how I got in exactly one area), but this is the best this fucking level will EVER get.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Mister Sinister: 05 May 2024 - 08:27 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I have no idea how any human mind can come up with screwed-up level design such as this. But well, Zaxtor was... a special case. I don't know how many people managed to get through the entire TC, but certainly not many.

• The Truth is in here

"WG Mega Pack" updated to fix a con script oopsie resulting in secret levels not being accessible in the "WG Space" episode.

To update:
- Method #1: Use the EAC Downloader Script (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat)
- Method #2: Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download wgmega.grp from the EAC repository

Journey continues. There's nothing NightFright can do about that but newer EDuke breaks platforming section in E5L4 Aerial Tubes because the man had decided to make his platforming section depend on a janky EDuke collision. God damn it.

• The Truth is in here

Should Zaxtor have relied on higher levels of Shrinker magic, you can expect that to be broken as well in newer EDuke32 builds. Also player won't fit through certain openings.

• The Truth is in here

"WG Mega Pack" update, yet again. This time we have a fix for the "Bloody Marvellous" skybox (tile 99) which had been screwed up by incorrect definitions.

To update:
- Method #1: Use the EAC Downloader Script (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat)
- Method #2: Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download wgmega.grp from the EAC repository

• The Truth is in here

"American Assault" updated. Moved the widescreen Devastator into tiles009.art (no need for def file any more) and fixed its offsets.

*UPDATE May 15*
Additional updates for pistol and shotgun (solves transparency issues) + Freezer widescreen fix

To update:
- Method #2: Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download american.grp from the EAC repository

• The Truth is in here

"FM4X" has been upgraded to "FM7X", adding another 7-map SP episode + 4 DM levels!
There has also been a (very minor) update to the Downloader Script, so be sure to execute option 5 ("Check for EAC installer script updates") and re-launch the script afterwards.

To update:
- Method #2: Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download fm7x.grp from the EAC repository

Afterwards you may manually delete the following files which are no longer needed:
- addons\fm4x.grp
- addons\readme\various\fm4x_help.txt

View PostMister Sinister, on 05 May 2024 - 08:26 AM, said:

For the past 2,5 weeks I'd been playing Oblivion TC - no hints no walkthrough run. God knowns I'm so fucking tired.
I can only report Empire Mothership II prison sequence not working as intended (you can't kick the barrel, but you can activate the switch through the wall)

But this is not what I'm here for. I've just beat E5L1 (the cube level). Motherfucker.
Here's the best of a guide I have for beating this level. There are SOME inaccuracies (i have no idea how I got in exactly one area), but this is the best this fucking level will EVER get.

Spoiler

"No Walkthrough".

Ahem !

https://forums.duke4...post__p__364781

https://forums.duke4...post__p__364863

Scroll down a bit for Ep4.

Already beat Oblivion TC.
I knew of the existence of your walkthrough, but decided to figure stuff out on my own. What a ride it was, especially the cube level. Figuring this crap out was one hell of a nut to crack.

View PostMister Sinister, on 09 July 2024 - 01:59 AM, said:

Already beat Oblivion TC.
I knew of the existence of your walkthrough, but decided to figure stuff out on my own. What a ride it was, especially the cube level. Figuring this crap out was one hell of a nut to crack.

Oh okay.

On my end, it was the Golden Cube Puzzle in "Death Dimension" that was the tough nut to crack, since I had long given up on the Cube x__x

The Cube took me 3+ hours of careful mapping and I still made some mistakes though I managed to beat it.
The piece of shit puzzle in Death Dimension took me also 40-60 minutes of pure guessing. If one were to cut that crap out, Death Dimension would be one of the better levels in TC.
Also, do not ever play Oblivion TC on CGS.

Share this topic:

• 69 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options