Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 69 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Try with a clean install. New folder which only contains these files:
addons.bat
duke3d.grp
eac_install.bat
eduke32.exe
wget.exe

Also, create an empty text file called "user_profiles_disabled" and remove the .txt file ending. This way, cfg files are directly created and used in the local directory.

After that, execute eac_install, go through the installation process and run addons.bat afterwards. All assuming you use latest binaries and script release.

User is offline   alexhob123 

View PostNightFright, on 13 March 2024 - 02:19 PM, said:

addons.bat
duke3d.grp
eac_install.bat
eduke32.exe
wget.exe

Also, create an empty text file called "user_profiles_disabled" and remove the .txt file ending. This way, cfg files are directly created and used in the local directory.

After that, execute eac_install, go through the installation process and run addons.bat afterwards. All assuming you use latest binaries and script release.

how do i do a clean install

• The Truth is in here

I literally just told you. Go through the steps I mentioned in my post. Create a new folder, any name will do, and place the files I listed into it.

View PostNightFright, on 13 March 2024 - 02:19 PM, said:

addons.bat
duke3d.grp
eac_install.bat
eduke32.exe
wget.exe

done exactly that still not working

• The Truth is in here

You said there was a warning? Which one exactly?

View PostNightFright, on 13 March 2024 - 02:37 PM, said:

You said there was a warning? Which one exactly?

it just said when I clicked on the addons.bat file eduke32 executable file not found aborting

i have completely removed the folder that eduke32 was in so can you guide me how to get it working fully with the new updates and everything working

This post has been edited by alexhob123: 13 March 2024 - 02:39 PM

• The Truth is in here

Do the manual install:
0) New folder must have eduke32.exe and duke3d.grp in it.
1) Download this http://www.duke4.org.../eac40_base.zip and unpack it into the new EDuke32 dir
2) Go to https://mega.nz/fold...U2g35XhJ3AGt0NA and download all groupfiles
3) Place all groupfiles into an "addons" subdir within your EDuke32 dir
4) Run addons.bat (which is supposed to be in your EDuke32 dir, not in any of its subdirs)

If it doesn't work after that, from my side there isn't anything any more I could come up with as a solid advice.

okay will try tomorrow where do I get eduke32.exe and duke3d.grp from

This post has been edited by alexhob123: 13 March 2024 - 02:52 PM

• The Truth is in here

You're kidding, right? You have them already. Just copy them over from your previous installation attempt.

Oh, just one thing: You can run the normal game (w/o EAC) fine when just launching via eduke32.exe, can't you? Because otherwise this is an entirely different can of worms.

i deleted everything in the folder

• The Truth is in here

Well, congrats. Go and find yourself a new duke3d.grp and redownload EDuke32.

okay

View PostNightFright, on 13 March 2024 - 02:53 PM, said:

You're kidding, right? You have them already. Just copy them over from your previous installation attempt.

Oh, just one thing: You can run the normal game (w/o EAC) fine when just launching via eduke32.exe, can't you? Because otherwise this is an entirely different can of worms.

nope game just crashed when clicked on eduke32.exe

This post has been edited by alexhob123: 13 March 2024 - 03:00 PM

can i use this duke3d.gpr and eduke32 from this mod
https://www.moddb.co...c-v11-re-upload

User is offline   Lunick 

EDuke32: https://www.eduke32.com/ (Green button, choose one of the downloads that don't say debug or src)

DUKE3D.grp: https://www.zoom-pla...-atomic-edition or https://store.steamp...ary_World_Tour/

• The Truth is in here

I mean, you must have obtained the latest EDuke32 release somehow before, so just do the same again. As for duke3d.grp... As pointed out by Lunick, I'm afraid you have to buy it if you haven't done so already. You have been able to run the game. At least that's what I assume.

In the meantime, more updates:
- EAC Downloader Script v1.26: Switched to wget 32-bit and brought back the slight delay before entering the menu since otherwise you'd hear an annoying PC speaker sound when unpausing the program for some reason
- Addons launcher (addons.bat) updated to support directories with spaces in them. Get the updated EAC Base Pack OR choose "[4] Base Files Only" in the EAC installer (eac_installer.bat) to update.

okay thanks guys

do i need the new EAC Downloader script

• The Truth is in here

Well, I saw on your screenshot that you have spaces in your directories (e.g. "Alex Old"). It might be an issue. Can't hurt to get it.

i doing the guide you said now so hopefully it should work

it works but lost all of my saves

okay used an old version of eduk32 20240217-10554-8afa42e38

This post has been edited by alexhob123: 14 March 2024 - 09:45 AM

• The Truth is in here

Well, a small price to pay, unless you go back to the EDuke32 version you used before. It's just one month old, so not such a big step backwards.

it's working fine now saves are working

• The Truth is in here

Alright. Maybe it was the support for directory names with spaces after all. This had also caused issues for some users in my World Tour batch script for Raze.

• The Truth is in here

Update for "Last Reaction & Water Bases" since two MIDIs (fz.mid, lunarbay.mid for WBASE08/WBASE09) wouldn't work with recent EDuke32 snapshots any more for whatever reason.

To update:
- Method #1: Use the EAC Downloader Script (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat)
- Method #2: Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download lastreaction.grp from the EAC repository

• The Truth is in here

Updated "WG Mega Pack" to v6.2 and added missing voxel definitions.

To update:
- Method #1: Use the EAC Downloader Script (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat)
- Method #2: Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download wgmega.grp from the EAC repository

• The Truth is in here

Things you find during random playthroughs...
"Space Map Pack" has been updated to include missing user art for "Dark Seed". (This was kinda important since without it, the story screens were missing. Which kinda sucks if you have a story-driven map.)

To update:
- Method #2: Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download space.grp from the EAC repository

• The Truth is in here

Small content update for "Urban Map Pack" (2 new maps: "Escape" by Maisth, "Stowaway" by Romeobk) and "Space Map Pack" (1 new map: "Baptized in Lunar Dust" by Loke).

To update:
- Method #2: Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download space.grp and urban.grp from the EAC repository

"Baptized in Lunar Dust" would be actually the third map of a consecutive trilogy composed by "Apprehension Arizona" as the second and "The Thing [Outpost 31]" as the first. Is clear they do have different themes, but isn't strange to only have one part of a series? Put at least "Apprehension Arizona" and the "The Thing" into another GRP of the compilation.

• The Truth is in here

Solved the issue for now by pulling "Baptized" again from the "Space Map Pack". Instead, I have added two other (rather short) maps which are definitely standalone: LAW's "AT-AT Walker" and Perro Seco's "Space Station V".
Thanks for pointing this out in general. Consistency is still relevant here, even though users can always download maps randomly from repositories without knowing any context, either.

To update:
- Method #2: Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download space.grp from the EAC repository

(Side note: The script won't delete files after the fact, so if you had already upgraded space.grp yesterday, you can manually remove baptizedinlunardust.txt from your addons/readme/space subdir.)

If worth enough, these should be compiled into a full episode addons being direct continuations.

Hours Series Episode (unofficial name) by Forge
Duke 3:16, Duke 23:4, Duke 6:8, Duke 12:12

??? Series Episode by High Treason
Riverside Town, Quantum Physics, Nitroglycerin, Alien Abductee, Dimension Shift

Anarchy City Episode by MRCK
Anarchy City, Anarchy City 2: Neighborhood Nightmare, Anarchy City 3: Zero Tolerance (Bummed out! Anarchy City X as extra)

Skycity Episode by Ilovefoxes
Skycity, Skycity 2, Skycity 3

Supa Trilogy by Sangluss. SUPA3 by Sangluss & Oostrum brothers (& God)
Supa, Supa 2, Supa3

??? Duology by MRCK
Koodbool, Tit-E-Bar

A2 Duology by LAW
Messhall A2, Colony A2

Boxes and Doors Duology by Daniel Skladany
Boxes and Doors, Boxes and Doors 2

??? Duology by Children & Ray Tracer
Maia, Taygeta

Jurassic Park Duology by Alberto Garcia (add Yves Bresson's Park TC - Demo as extra?)
Jurassic Park - Chaos, Jurassic Park - Chaos Theory 2

I'd push for insert Forge's "Hours", the unnamed High Treason Episode and the MRCK's unnamed Koodbool&Tit-E-Bar duology at least.

Share this topic:

• 69 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options