Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   FistMarine 

View PostHendricks266, on 09 February 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

>gets mad about downvote
>calls the downvoter immature

Nagging about progress is bad posting. (The previous post was only a week ago.) Downvotes are for bad posts. It's not any more complicated than that. This is not the first time you've done this.

But let's not clutter up this thread any more, shall we?

Yes, I know it's not the first time I have done that but I was curious about when's the update coming. I don't think it's that bad to ask from time to time, though maybe I shouldn't have asked that early, should have waited a few more weeks. Also I find it funny how I got yet another downvote, this time from Jimmy. Did you tell him to downvote me too? :dukecigar: Or it's mostly for that "Edit" part of the post? Just curious. :)
And just FYI, I am not mad about downvotes...as long as they are on bad posts that I make and I admit I got a bit pissed off because of a simple innocent question I asked but if you say that "nagging about progress is bad posting", then I will not nag you (and anymore else on that matter) anymore about progress. Happy now? So let's stop here with derailing the topic.

As for on topic, Major Tom, I only remember suggesting Pray Your Prayers before and maybe Merc 2 but I don't know if NightFright said will add them. We will wait for his response. I haven't played any of the addons, so I don't know how they are but I think PYP is the better one of the ones you listed.

View PostRunningDuke, on 09 February 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

As for on topic, Major Tom, I only remember suggesting Pray Your Prayers before and maybe Merc 2 but I don't know if NightFright said will add them. We will wait for his response. I haven't played any of the addons, so I don't know how they are but I think PYP is the better one of the ones you listed.

Understandable. I figured that since the one temporary weapon from The AMC TC is a featured gun in PYP, it might be included in the compilation....that, and all four that I mentioned were also given pretty good scores over at MSDN.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

If you knew what I am doing right now, you would understand that adding new contents is currently not my priority in this project. That may be a disappointment for most of you, but some of the addons were really not working too well pretty much since the beginning, and the coming update is supposed to take care of that.

I am also working closely with Hendricks this time who has really proven helpful and forthcoming regarding some issues I have brought to his attention. EDuke32 will see some adjustments that will help me do things the way I want to do them.

So, bottom line of this: There will be a few new entries in the new version, but it won't be too overwhelming. On the other hand, expect the old contents to be polished in a really thorough way. This will be a milestone since from then on, the focus can return to adding more. Even though I have always said that the purpose of this project has never been to add so much. Scrolling through all the entries in the EDuke32 launcher is not a simple feat by now (maybe something can be done about that, too), but it won't stop me from checking for more worthy additions.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 09 February 2018 - 11:55 PM

No problem, I'm glad you explained what's going on currently. In that case I can wait for the newest version, it will be worth the wait for sure.

As for the new entries, it's not a big loss if you don't include some of them for now as I'd rather prefer more polished existing addons and the inclusion of missing maps from authors that have some maps included already, such as including all MRCK's maps, all Paul's maps, the whole CBP Series and so on.

• The Truth is in here

I am currently optimizing the compilation to support features that are not even implemented in EDuke32 yet, so bear with me until I can actually check how it's working out. Also, due to the nature of the changes, considerable testing of pretty much everything will be required.

For that reason, it's also not a good idea to give a definite release date at this time. I would like it to happen at the end of this month, but I prefer to rather make sure everything is working by checking everything in several waves until I am sure nothing major slipped my attention. I'll keep you posted about progress here when appropriate. There's also some surprise element involved, so please understand that I won't reveal much about what's coming before the release.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 10 February 2018 - 05:15 AM

• The Truth is in here

Status update (without too harsh spoilers):
- Format of the groupfiles will change significantly. There will be no need for split files any more (e.g. if there are widescreen or highres graphics) except for very rare circumstances (namely: if custom rts files are included).
- There will be 20 new addons (+1 that was extracted from an existing one). That's a lot more than I originally intended to include.
- "Fusion" will see a significant overhaul regarding coding, especially regarding weapons and enemies. Mere_Duke did a fantastic job there.
- "Starship Troopers" bugs will actually not be bugged any more (I like the sound of that). Credits go to Mere_Duke for this one, too.
- "The Gate" will have a fully functional final boss fight (the one with brains you have to destroy to make the boss vulnerable) now which cannot break any more as the original version did. Again, Mere_Duke is the man of the hour.

And A LOT more which I don't want to reveal just yet.

I am currently waiting for the last pieces of the puzzle, mainly for Jimmy (to whom I gave a few graphics to make them widescreen compatible since they are beyond my skills) and Hendricks since some EDuke32 code is still missing to enable a feature I need to get many of the changed addons actually working.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 27 February 2018 - 12:50 AM

• The Truth is in here

Status update:

I am now completely done with all modifications and additions. From my side, the next release is "feature complete". Now it's up to the EDuke32 coding team to add some features (well, at least one) needed for a bunch of the addons to work. After that, I will do a rough testing (launch at least a bunch of maps of each addon) before I will hand it out to you guys.

• The Truth is in here

Status update:

Basically unchanged. Anyway, I have talked to Hendricks a few days ago and he promised to put the necessary EDuke32 changes on top of his priority list now. TBH I am not really unhappy about this delay since we had two quite big releases with Ion Maiden and Total Meltdown recently that kept you guys busy.

Once the compatibility update is ready, it shouldn't take me too long to test everything, so I am confident a summer release is quite possible (fingers crossed).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 10 May 2018 - 11:07 PM

User is offline   NNC 

Not sure if that was fixed, but in Mothership (pipeline pack) a ceiling aligned hand switch doesn't work because in v1.5 only the hitscanned switches react to shooting, and the map was made with 1.3d.

• The Truth is in here

Was fixed a long time ago, I think. At least I remember fixing a ceiling button, but I dunno if it was in mother.map. Will have to check to be sure.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Given that the Total Meltdown TC is now out - do you plan to remove the PnP recreation from the compilation?

• The Truth is in here

It's indeed redundant to have a remake in the compilation while the real thing is out there by now. It was always meant for the impatient ones who wanted to play PnP at all costs.

Since it should be encouraged to get the proper version, guess I'll indeed get rid of the remake attempts.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 May 2018 - 07:51 AM

Actually I can imagine someone making a Plug n Pray mod that undoes some of the optimisations done to the PS1 version (fire animations frozen until player is close enough) as well as reverting color reduced and mirrored tiles with those from the PC version.

• The Truth is in here

Well, the compilation version is basically just the maps and the music, it doesn't try to emulate the whole addon faithfully. Whether that's enough to justify keeping it? Hard to tell.

Yeah, I'm not talking about any currently existing version, but a sort of hypothetical "Plug n Pray Plus". The remake in the current compilation is redundant.

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 12 May 2018 - 10:03 AM

Logical step in theory, but consider that remove the Plug n' pray half-remake would mean the impossibility of playing something that get closer to it with the mods, with the faithful recreation of Total Meltdown you can't do that. The version into the compilation also contains all the corrections not present in the original GRP.

I have three recreations of Plug n Pray on my HDD - the one by ozelot47 (currently included in the addon compilation), one by Aterbust, and one more. Of the three, Aterbust's the most accurate (to the point that I can't tell the difference myself)

But these should be considered superseded by the Total Meltdown TC... Anyway, the final decision is up to Nightfright.

Personally I think one of the three Plug n Pray recreations should still be included, either the one currently in pack (by Ozelot47) or the more accurate one by Aterbust. Of course the final decision is up to NightFright but I don't mind if the recreation gets removed from the pack. I haven't played any of the recreations or the real Total Meltdown TC yet as I have been very busy these days, so I can't tell how accurate they are but like I said, I don't mind if it gets removed from the compilation. I just hope the original download link for Ozelot's recreation is still available.

I took a few screenshots for comparison

https://imgur.com/a/uzx7quL

• The Truth is in here

View PostNancsi, on 12 May 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

Not sure if that was fixed, but in Mothership (pipeline pack) a ceiling aligned hand switch doesn't work because in v1.5 only the hitscanned switches react to shooting, and the map was made with 1.3d.

From the changelog for the upcoming release:

- MOTHER: Added block flag to ceiling switch (sprite #312) to restore functionality (thanks to Nancsi for pointing out the problem and how to fix it)

I will probably replace ozelot's Total Meltdown remake with Aterbust's (like I intended in the first place) and leave it this way. There's still a lot of work that went into it and it' d be a shame if it got totally forgotten. If it's more mod-friendly than the standalone release, that's also a plus, I guess.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 May 2018 - 11:59 PM

User is offline   NNC 

Thanks.

As for Plug n Pray, how accurate Aterbust's version is? I mean the maps themselves. Every sector size, shading is the same or are there any differences? If I remember well, his version of Nightmare Zone is a lot brighter (for the worse) than the original. Or the original's weird PSX palette made the map's look better?

Other possibility is to have an addon with the maps+new art+new code (dress and zombie pigs)+new sounds only. No other sissy stuff like the modified palette, modified sounds of the original, modified art like the trashcan and others, or the TM intro.

I also think PnP can very well make into a 5th episode for EDuke32 (6th in the WT stopgap). There are very little overlapping with the Newbeast art, but it can be fixed as those art were never used in the game (alt-Battlelord, not the boss).

Hey there !

I'd like to report something , it's a bug about Zaxtor's Oblivion mod.
I got around to playing in its entirety for once since a decade and there are 2 anomalies that I don't recall seeing in the original release ...

1_ In Episode 4, Level "Rain Forest Fires II" when you reach this place >> Attached Image: duke0001.png I believe you just have to use explosives to open the crack in order to reach the secret level, however it doesn't work and I found no way to overcome the obstacle without using ghost mode >_>

2_ In the last level, Doomsday Project, in the second third when you fight the weird Eye Ship there is NO way to defeat it. When you inflict enough damage it looks like this >> Attached Image: duke0000.png And at this point absolutely nothing deals any damage, it keeps moving and attacking normally but it never goes down no matter what.

I think those anomalies came with the compilation, What do you think cause those problems ? Something similar to the Muddlelizer glitch or some codes in the maps have broken like with WGR2's doors ?

BTW I can confirm that the Muddlelizer works normally now. (quite late to say that uh ...)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

When the eye is red is low health I believe.

That crack ill look into it,
btw was the Trequonia issues solved yet?

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 13 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Crack breaks fine with me,
I just tested it,

Maybe can be a random hiccup, random code related bug (core bug)

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 13 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 13 July 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

Crack breaks fine with me,
I just tested it,

Maybe can be a random hiccup, random code related bug (core bug)

Well I don't know, I reloaded multiple times and I also re-launched the level for the screenshot and it still didn't break, I guess it's another one of those unsolvable mysteries >_>

What about the Eye Ship ? Does it go down with you ? Because on my end when it's red it doesn't take any damage anymore ...

For Trequonia, I haven't checked it out yet, I'm going to re-download the mod again but this time from MSDN's website if it is updated as you said you would ask. Then I'll test it out and I'll report back to the Trequonia topic ^_-

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Well is the def file the prob. I posted the latest def file on the mod thread.

Is like 1,579kb the duke def file.

older is I think 1,559kb

As for Oblivion is probably a random 1 time glitch the boss eye thing,

That doesn't reoccur in reload save or newgame.

View PostZaxtor, on 13 July 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

Well is the def file the prob. I posted the latest def file on the mod thread.

Is like 1,579kb the duke def file.

older is I think 1,559kb

As for Oblivion is probably a random 1 time glitch the boss eye thing,

That doesn't reoccur in reload save or newgame.

Well it's weird because on my end I can reload as much as I want the Eye Ship never goes down no matter how I attack it >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

did you try to start a new game and load this level with the boss and refight it see if it repeats that error?

View PostZaxtor, on 14 July 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

did you try to start a new game and load this level with the boss and refight it see if it repeats that error?

I just tried and it still doesn't go down, I was starting to think that the upgrades from the secret fifth episode would cause the error but it doesn't seem to be any related >_> I really have no clue as to what's causing it ...

Oh also there's another error I remember. In the last level "The Other World" when you are fighting all the bosses and gather items to open the gate. I fought the first one, the Green Sphere, and I got the item but the door to exit its arena never opened forcing me to clip through it. Later when I defeated all the bosses the gate didn't open because it didn't consider the sphere to have been defeated somehow ......

That's the last error I saw in my latest playthrough since the Muddlelizer got fixed

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Mine has 5th Episode or arch ep.

Still works fine to me.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options