Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   VGA 

I hope the Recommended installation only installs the good maps :lol:

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

No and no. Authors have already expressed their desire that their work remains independant, and I am going to respect that.

User is offline   Radar 

• Zionist Shill

Right, and I'm not pushing you to include them against the author's wishes. :P I'm just asking because the addon compilation is a dream in terms of convenience. I hope authors who don't want their mods included will reconsider their inclusion.

This post has been edited by Radar: 09 September 2019 - 05:08 AM

User is online   Phredreeke 

I've suggested this before (albeit in a different context), but it would really help the addon compilation if eduke32 had the ability to filter out savegames made with other GRP files

View PostPhredreeke, on 09 September 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

I've suggested this before (albeit in a different context), but it would really help the addon compilation if eduke32 had the ability to filter out savegames made with other GRP files

Do you think it could be possible to make Eduke handle save files inside GRPs instead of the game's folder ?
Like, instead of creating a save file in the folder it would create one in the GRP instead ?

Sounds like that would be the way of including such a functionality but is it actually feasible ? Especially since the GRPs in the compilation are kinda protected, they're no longer recognized if modified ...

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 09 September 2019 - 11:30 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 September 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

Especially since the GRPs in the compilation are kinda protected, they're no longer recognized if modified ...

That's not a protection. Altered GRPs have different sizes/checksums, therefore the grpinfo file would need to be updated. If it's not, it's like the modified GRPs simply don't exist.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 10 September 2019 - 02:19 AM

User is online   Phredreeke 

Messing with the GRP files is a bad idea anyway. AFAIK when updating a GRP file the entire file has to be rewritten. I guess an option would be creating a new file with the same name but different extension to hold savefiles.

Personally I would prefer if the saves get separated by the grp files you are using. So that they don't show up if you are playing one addon and have saves from other addon.

Example: If you are playing Aqua Series and ADG Episode, if you have saves from ADG episode and then you go to play Aqua series, you shouldn't be able to see the saves from the ADG episode. Either that or have them displayed but they can't be loaded, instead you will get a warning message saying that the save was made with a different mod. Similar to the ZDoom based ports for Doom, if the save was made with a different mod, it will be differently colored and can't be loaded unless you load the correct mods first. I know EDuke32 has a similar case with saves from a different version but it should also prevent loading saves made with different mods.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options