Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 34 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

It will be interesting to see if Raze inherits some form of GZDoom's scriptable map editing postprocessor; this is currently used to fix bugs in stock id Software maps like the missing yellow key on TNT MAP31 and critically in this context, major bugs in long-established mods. I guess it depends on how far GZ intends to ZDoomify Raze :)

User is offline   ETPC 

monthly check in! any news?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, obviously not. I dunno what the current priorities are in the EDuke32 coding team, so I can't tell what's the big blocker right now.

I am slowly considering a pre-release without any of the affected addons. It's not what I wanted since I think it should be the full thing or nothing, but it's now been four years I am sitting on this. To some degree it wasn't a bad thing since a few entries like FM3X got upgraded in the meantime, but it's really a bit too long even for my taste. Maybe a pre-release phase also would have the advantage of seeing how the code-heavy entries behave with latest EDuke32 snapshots since I couldn't do too much testing by myself so far.

User is offline   ETPC 

might not be the worst idea!

User is offline   pontifex91 

Hello, NightFright. I'm trying to run your Duke! Zone 2 fixed 2.0 it to Eduke32-oldMP, but it doesn’t work out for me. Moreover, on standard Eduke32 it works with DUKE3D.GRP only from Atomic Edition. It does not want to work with GRP from World Tour, although the file size is the same.
I thought to open dukezone2.grp and try to fix it, but the file does not open. I tried Grop File Studio and GViewer. Maybe you know the solution to the problem? Which editor did you use?

• The Truth is in here

Since Dukezone 2 isn't part of the compilation, this is off-topic. Anyway, just stating "it isn't working" gives me next to nothing to work with.

What I can deduct from your post: You are using a hopelessly outdated EDuke32 build (which I cannot support since I am not using it), so I am not surprised you run into issues. Guess the main problem is I am not using the edited art files any more and only provide the graphics that got changed, which is something a 7yo build may not support. It is also explicitly stated that this is meant for Duke3D Atomic, not World Tour. Duke3d.grp provided with WT is not identical with Atomic (even though the changes are minimal and shouldn't affect compatibility).

The file may have a .grp ending, but in fact it's a zipfile and can be opened with 7-Zip and other archiving programs. SLADE should also be able to open it. Knock yourself out if you want to get it working the way you want.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 31 May 2020 - 07:59 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

did you decide if you wanted to do a beta or not?

• The Truth is in here

Possibly later this year.

User is offline   bullbob 

so with the latest versions of eduke32, i'm getting some kind of CON compilation error when trying to play the Aliens vs Predator tc.

So far its the only thing that hasn't just worked straight up

seems to work just fine though with whatever ancient version of eduke32 that came bundled with the duke nukem forever tc mod you can find on moddb. but that version of eduke sucks and doesn't even allow for 1080p fullscreen

This post has been edited by bullbob: 15 June 2020 - 11:26 AM

• The Truth is in here

There won't be any further optimization of the old version any more, internally I am way past that. Main thing is that the upcoming release will work with recent snapshots, whenever that will be. If you want to make sure it works, use snapshots from 2016 (omg, it's been four years already?), even if that sucks. Maybe it will also still work with a 2018 snapshot, depending on when the con-breaking feature was implemented.

Fact is I can't guarantee for anything after that since EDuke32 is a port undergoing constant and significant changes. As soon as you stop adjusting your content, eventually something won't work any more - as inconvenient as this may be for mod developers.

It would still be interesting to know what kind of con compilation error it is since it may be something that shouldn't be happening.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 June 2020 - 01:15 PM

Heya!

It seems a couple CONs needed editing in alienvpredator.grp.

Line 224 in AVPPA.CON caused eduke32 r9130-bf0ff6cf0 to error out (undefined quote); adding a 'definequote 125' line to AVPUSER.CON seems to have fixed it.

It's defined in AVPGAME.CON but there may be include precidence.

Share this topic:

• 34 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options