Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   FistMarine 

I know about loading SSI files directly and I know that the patches are obsolete now but the only reason why I used the Caribbean patch is because I couldn't make Shark's Cove load Caribbean because it expects to find vacation.grp file and not a SSI file. I didn't find any other way.

EDIT: When I was writing previous post, I forgot about EDuke32 loading the SSI files, that's why I suggested the patches. My bad. :mellow:

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 01 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

The Dropbox links have been automatically suspended until further notice due to excessive bandwidth usage. Sorry, folks. Send your complaints to Dropbox... :mellow:

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

Report time I guess...

Aside from some mistakes found in the addons hints readme (see below), I found out that in Taivo pack, the old version of Dogville is included instead of the newer 2012 version, even though the text file mentions the date 2004/2012, I assumed that the newer version is included after all. Here is the download link for the newer version: http://msdn.duke4.ne...ogville2012.php

Also here is the link for Taivo's DM maps in case you want to include them in the pack:
http://dnr.duke4.net...palm_Death.html
http://dnr.duke4.net/maps/Seven.html

Addons Hints readme:

Cerovsky Pack: our -> your
Spiegul Contest: ot -> of
Taivo Pack mentions Dark Place Series

Hope you will also review all the suggestions/fixes from previous page as well. Polunka, now it's your turn to report bugs as I'm taking some time off from testing the compilation pack. :mellow:

EDIT: Removed attachment

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 05 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

• The Truth is in here

What I haven't fixed/changed in previous reports will remain as-is. As for any content updates, it's like I said before. 2017. At some point in 2017. Can be December 2017 even.

And the Dogville readme included is from 2004, so you could have guessed from which year it was.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 December 2016 - 06:40 AM

I reported some more issues in the meantime after the 3.12 update on previous page such as the newer 2.0 version of Red Light Romp map which is available on Steam Workshop. As for those con "fixes", I did that because there are some errors. For example in Space Map Pack, one of the map's whole name is called "Beta One: Moonbase Beta" but you put just "Moonbase Beta", even though for "Beta Two", you put the whole name, which is "Beta Two: Blood Moon". For Red Series, the old Red 1 is called The Long Road, not REDDUKE. I don't know why you don't want to fix these "minor errors", I did myself and that's why I insisted on these.

About content updates, I didn't know that those DM maps are classified as content updates, if you say so I will keep these suggestions for 2017 as I have a lot of suggestions regarding new content, that's why I'm saving all of these suggestions for next year. I didn't want to "spoil" anything. I'm going to remove the attachments because they are meaningless right now.

As for Dogville, both the readme and the map are the old 2004 version. I have checked the map included in the pack and it's the old 2004 version. I remember the 2012 version being a lot longer than that. In the addons_readme text file, it states the years 2004/2012.

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 05 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

I must point that the hit detection of the very first three levers of Complex (complex.grp) should be reworked, the "Mr. Zappy" one in particular requires the player to be in a position I never remember to be raised.

• The Truth is in here

I think this needs to be specified, it doesn't tell me anything. I never had any issues with those levels.

View PostNightFright, on 05 December 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

I think this needs to be specified, it doesn't tell me anything. I never had any issues with those levels.

I'm talking about this one.
Attached File  Zappy lever.bmp (883.25K)
Number of downloads: 34

Press Use against the wall: Not work.
Crouching and look up:Not work.
Press Use by a certain distance: Not work.

Apparently the only "way" to turn off/on is crouch, release crouch button and press Use button at the right moment, but sometimes neither that works and not so intuitive anyway. It's clearly not intended by the mapper.

• The Truth is in here

That looks more like a port issue to me than anything else. I wouldn't know what makes a switch act like that. I have already seen switches act weirdly when placed on certain walls in other addons. In those cases, it only got fixed when moving the switch to a completely different wall, but that's always a bad solution.

*EDIT*

Version 3.13 is available.

Changes compared to v3.12:
> Red Series: "RED1: RedDuke" ingame map title renamed to "The Long Road"
> Space Map Pack: "Moonbase Beta" ingame map title renamed to "Beta One: Moonbase Beta"
> Taivo Pack: "Dogville 2012", "Taivo Deathcity", "Seven" and "Napalm Death" added
> The Chronic: Door texture alignment correction for CHRONIC2
> Urban Map Pack: Replaced "Red-Light Romp" with version 2.0 (from 2013)

Those who want to update from v3.12 through the development folder (instead of downloading the full release), download and replace following files:
> addons.bat
> addons: addons.grpinfo, chronic.grp, red.grp, space.grp, taivo.grp, urban.grp
> addons\readme: addons_hints.txt, addons_readme.txt
> addons\readme\taivo: deathcity.txt (new), dogville_2012.txt (new), napalm_death.txt (new), seven.txt (new)

It is extremely likely this was the last update for this year, and probably also for the better part of 2017. My resting time starts after this update - this time for sure. Happy Holidays everybody!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 06 December 2016 - 06:56 AM

Thank you NightFright! You just made my day with this surprise update. Happy Holidays everyone! :mellow:

• The Truth is in here

I am unable to update the development folder right now, Mega isn't showing me the content of the "addons" folder, so I cannot update the groupfiles... x.x

*EDIT*
Fixed.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 06 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

User is offline   Polunka 

Caught me off guard, really! And I'm glad you've fixed the problem with MEGA.

User is offline   Anvil 

View PostNightFright, on 06 December 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

> Urban Map Pack: Replaced "Red-Light Romp" with version 2.0 (from 2013)

Where did you get this version from?

*EDIT*
Nevermind, found it under a slightly different name.

This post has been edited by Anvil: 06 December 2016 - 11:16 PM

It might be a dumb question but I lost track of this for too long so ... is the fix for Oblivion's Muddlelizer integrated in this new release ?

• The Truth is in here

That fix is already implemented since v3.1. Or should be, at least.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

Yes, the fix is integrated into the newest versions. I remember I helped with fixing that bug, so I know for sure it was fixed. :lol:

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 07 December 2016 - 05:31 AM, said:

It might be a dumb question but I lost track of this for too long so ... is the fix for Oblivion's Muddlelizer integrated in this new release ?

Seems you've been absent here for a little too long :lol:

View PostPolunka, on 09 December 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

Seems you've been absent here for a little too long :lol:

Well the thing is that after the stories with Oblivion I've had a vacation somewhere and this topic has advanced quite quickly in the mean time so I was completely out of track with you guys ^^
And when I got back I was more into drawing than gaming so it delayed my coming back to D4N even more >_>

Thanks for answering BTW

A new report has arrived!

addons_readme fixes:

About: is is -> is
Duke Hard: map map -> map
Duke is 007: of don't -> don't
Last Reaction & Water Bases: E3L5 -> LASTR05
Credits (Robert Travis): "Moonbase Beta" -> "Beta One: Moonbase Beta"

The only thing I haven't changed myself is the FM3X description. The readme file states that the addon was first released in 2009 but Fernando actually released the New York Rebellion episode back in 2007, then he released FM2X in 2009 that contained both New York Rebellion and Orbital Oblivion. I left that for you as I don't want to change too much.

Misaligned texture in Red Light Romp V2:

Suggestions:

Include skybox for Fbsp003 and Spiegul Contest
Move the Munasta series from Space Map Pack into their own grp
Rename addon "Secrets of the Acropolis" to "Infinity: Secrets of the Acropolis" (addon's full name)

EDIT: I know you said it's the last update but I had to report all of these (though I wish I found all of these before you released 3.13). Oh well, it's never too late to report any bugs. And actually I wouldn't mind a new version 3.14 (codenamed "Pi") to be released on Christmas day. :lol:

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 12 December 2016 - 10:52 AM

• The Truth is in here

No way. I am done for this year. Thank you for your report.

And no more "misaligned texture" reports any more, please. Those are so incredibly trivial. Give those authors a chance for slight imperfection, ok?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostNightFright, on 12 December 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

No way. I am done for this year. Thank you for your report.

OK no problem then.

View PostNightFright, on 12 December 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

And no more "misaligned texture" reports any more, please. Those are so incredibly trivial. Give those authors a chance for slight imperfection, ok?

OK I understand. The only reason why I reported this "misaligned texture" was because it's right there at the map start. Something tells me that the author forgot to change the texture since the new version doesn't use the custom art like the first version did.

"Haunted Nukem" goes in conflict with fixed GAME.CON by Darkus, not allowing it to begin (this is surely the problem because when I move it to another folder it starts). What lines I have to add to make it compatible even with that?

Obviously if this does not de-fix Darkus work or negatively afflict other mods and/or vanilla game.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 13 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

User is offline   NNC 

Just wondering... is the ceiling aligned handbutton works in Mothership (part of the pipeline pack or "The Day After") now? It was a functional button in the original DOS version, but strangely not with EDuke32 versions... I'm not sure if it can be fixed with map changes or it needs change in EDuke32 code. The button opens the middle chamber of the shrink ray that allow the player to find a well hidden secret place.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 14 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

I remember that one of the buttons in Mothership didn't work in EDuke32 when I played the map last time in 2015 I believe.

Also another important thing to mention is that the swing doors in E5L14 in Metropolitan Mayhem don't open, as said in the addons readme file. At first I didn't believe this because I remember that it worked for me before but I checked the map recently and it is indeed broken. I checked with both the addon compilation version and the normal version of Metropolitan Mayhem (the one released at Moddb) and it still doesn't work. I recall the last time it worked was in 2015 when I played the episode last time.

These are definitely EDuke32 bugs that should be fixed.

User is offline   NNC 

Now I found an old thread of mine about this issue, and the final conclusion was that v1.5 fucked it up, not EDuke32. Ceiling/floor buttons only work with hitscan or block flag on them.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostNightFright, on 24 August 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

Since mid-2013, I had been working on a pack of Duke3D addons which can be easily run from within the EDuke32 launcher by using the grpinfo feature. The result is a collection of about 109 groupfiles containing about 1.100 levels, almost 1.6 GB of data (uncompressed).

How it works:
- Creates an additional folder in your Duke3D directory ("addons") which contains all the groupfiles.
- You add -jaddons to your EDuke32 shortcut.
- When launching EDuke32, you will see all the groupfiles in the launcher afterwards....

This addon compilation is awesome. Thanks so much for putting it together, NightFright.

Also, if any mods are reading this, please sticky this thread. It's that great a thread.

This post has been edited by Master O: 11 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

So it's been more than 2 months since the last update and since the thread was bumped a week ago and have recently finished with my exams, I decided that it's time to post all my bug reports, fixes I've done myself and suggestions for the next version. Warning: huge spoiler ahead!

Spoiler

Note that I don't expect NightFright to approve half of these reports and suggestions but I did my job as a bug reporter and suggestion giver. It's up to him to decide what should be approved for next version. Oh and before someone says something about all that work, no I am NOT saying NightFright should start working on these right now. He can work whenever he wants as I completely understand all the hard work that was put into this project, plus I'm not interested in gaming right now.

EDIT: I have modified this post several times since I originally posted this message. I suggest to re-read all the suggestions since there are quite a few changes.

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: 31 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

User is offline   Master O 

Since it's part of this addon compilation, does anyone here know where the yellow key in "Alien Extermination Episode 1, Level 5 (Ambush)" is? There's no Youtube playthrough of it, so that doesn't help much, either.

View PostRunningDuke, on 20 February 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

So it's been more than 2 months since the last update and since the thread was bumped a week ago and have recently finished with my exams, I decided that it's time to post all my bug reports, fixes I've done myself and suggestions for the next version. Warning: huge spoiler ahead!

Woah, that's an immensely big deal of work you've done. Good job! Guess I've been absent for a little too long here (pun intended; see one of my previous posts where I addressed TheDragonLiner's absence :P). The thing is, I'm not particularly interested in playing Duke 3D as of now (have been mostly into Doom/Quake 2 recently) plus NF is away (he must be busy with sth), he's not sent any posts in a while now.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 21 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

View PostMaster O, on 20 February 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

Since it's part of this addon compilation, does anyone here know where the yellow key in "Alien Extermination Episode 1, Level 5 (Ambush)" is? There's no Youtube playthrough of it, so that doesn't help much, either.

So I just played this level for you. I'm kinda surprised you didn't find the key. It wasn't the simplest find, but nor did it turn out so subtle.
Spoiler

Btw, an advice: there's that file addons_hints.txt inside addons/readme directory. There you can find some useful tips on how to pass certain points in some levels of some addons.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

This post has been edited by Polunka: 21 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options