• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   m210® 

ok, I found my mistake with flame-count. Fixed

User is offline   m210® 

Dimi Fortea made video about old version of BloodTC with polymer. There is dx10 dynamic lights and grass effect. What do you think about it :D

And some other video of BloodTC (April 2010)

This post has been edited by M210: 16 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

User is offline   Mateos 

This grass looks a lot like the Enemy Territory shader system:
http://www.splashdam...58&postcount=85

I think you need to register to see attachments, but the screenshots shows exactly the same effect, very nice!

Maybe he will be interested by this one:
http://wiki.splashda...iage_Technology

Btw awesome work.

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I told him about your post :D

This post has been edited by M210: 17 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

User is offline   DerickVonD 

Whoa is this done? I've been waiting for this mod. Is it 100% complete?

User is offline   m210® 

No, BloodTC isn't complete yet, but it is quite playable :D
Now we need to finish some map(most of maps havent ambient sounds) Also we have problems with slide doors, for example slide doors havent autoclose feature and may be I need coding new autoclose actor for slide doors or make new door system (btw I plan to make it for smoother door).
At next time BloodTC need new AI of enemies and I try to write new AI and some bugs is need correct.
As you can see, there is still a lot of work on the project :D

View PostM210, on 17 June 2011 - 11:39 PM, said:

No, BloodTC isn't complete yet, but it is quite playable :D
Now we need to finish some map(most of maps havent ambient sounds) Also we have problems with slide doors, for example slide doors havent autoclose feature and may be I need coding new autoclose actor for slide doors or make new door system (btw I plan to make it for smoother door).
At next time BloodTC need new AI of enemies and I try to write new AI and some bugs is need correct.
As you can see, there is still a lot of work on the project :D

dude please pm me when the project is done. Are you redoing maps from the expansion packs as well? I never could get those to work.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostDerickVonD, on 18 June 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

dude please pm me when the project is done.

Ok, I'll send you pm, but I think you'll wait a long of time :D

View PostDerickVonD, on 18 June 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

Are you redoing maps from the expansion packs as well? I never could get those to work.

Are you mean Plasma and Cryptic Passage Pak? BloodTC not included this pak just original maps, but may be in the future we'll add this pak

This post has been edited by M210: 18 June 2011 - 12:50 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Guys, do you want some humor? :D I made two art pictures

Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by M210: 18 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

View PostM210, on 18 June 2011 - 12:44 AM, said:

Ok, I'll send you pm, but I think you'll wait a long of time :D

Are you mean Plasma and Cryptic Passage Pak? BloodTC not included this pak just original maps, but may be in the future we'll add this pak

As long as I don't have to wait 14 years lol.

That first video, with the dx10grass and lighting, was epic, I want that, where do i get that?

User is offline   Gambini 

When working in my last map "IT LIVES" I came up with an effect that would help this mod in the trainstation part. It is like the two ways train but runs slower. So the train will look like in the original Blood, slowing down at the train station. If you´re interested send me the latest version of the first map and i´ll try to implement it there, as that will be a lot easier than trying to explain you how it works.

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostGambini, on 18 June 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

send me the latest version of the first map

Maybe you mean second map? Here.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  E1M2.rar (33.69K)
    Number of downloads: 272

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSchoeteCitie, on 18 June 2011 - 04:23 PM, said:

That first video, with the dx10grass and lighting, was epic, I want that, where do i get that?

This effects and map have Dimi Fortea. I will ask him to put it into net

View PostGambini, on 18 June 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

If you´re interested send me the latest version of the first map and i´ll try to implement it there, as that will be a lot easier than trying to explain you how it works.

Ok, empy gave you a map with a train. Thanks for you help :D

This post has been edited by M210: 19 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Btw, is there any way to make correct coordinates of sprite after rotatesector moving?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostM210, on 16 June 2011 - 02:47 AM, said:

Dimi Fortea made video about old version of BloodTC with polymer. There is dx10 dynamic lights and grass effect. What do you think about it :D

View PostSchoeteCitie, on 18 June 2011 - 04:23 PM, said:

Ok you're confusing me. Is that eduke32? Because if it is, then it's openGL, nothing to do with directX.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMicky C, on 19 June 2011 - 02:09 AM, said:

then it's openGL, nothing to do with directX.

hm...why not? And of cource these is eduke32, but Dimi said me that he working on source code of eduke32 and may be he added support of dx10 glass effect. Really I don't know yet

User is offline   Tetsuo 

You don't need DX10 to support things like that just look at sikkmod for id tech 4 games like Doom 3 it adds all kinds of stuff and it's OpenGL. So when he says DX10 he could mean DX10 equivalent and just said DX10 so it'll be easier to understand. OpenGL can support DX10 or above equivalent depending on what version of OpenGL you use and what extensions you leverage.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 19 June 2011 - 03:30 AM

View PostM210, on 19 June 2011 - 01:30 AM, said:

Btw, is there any way to make correct coordinates of sprite after rotatesector moving?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Try setting their statnum to 2, and give them some threshold to not stick inside the walls (with this i mean that move them a little bit away from the walls they´re placed).

EDIT: I´ll check the e1m2 map ASAP

This post has been edited by Gambini: 19 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

User is offline   m210® 

it's not working :D and error which is shown in the screenshot through Delta increases with every turn-sector

No problem. I´ll try myself to fix it, next to the train fix. There´s only one thing that bugs me: Would you be so nice of sending me a mapster.bat file to work on your mod? The way it is layed out doesn´t help to edit the maps.

User is offline   fgsfds 

mapster32 -game_dir BloodTC -grp BloodTC.grp -h bloodtc.def

Thanks I didnt find the launch mapster through the bloodtc.exe. I´m using that now.

Attemped to fix the sprites in the rotating wagon but didn´t work. What I suggest is to move the sprites of the affected side farther into the wall and make the switch only trigger the effect ONCE, using a masterswitch instead of an activator. I doubt anybody is going to use that wagon too many times as it´s only needed for opening the way to the door.

User is offline   m210® 

Gambini, do you have any news? :D

This post has been edited by M210: 20 June 2011 - 01:37 AM

I still want to do it but as I see the gates of the station have to be fixed too (rigth now there´s a switch taken from Redneck Rampage). I´m really busy with my HL2 project at the moment. But I plan to help you with this as soon as I can get my hands out of this other stuff.

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I'm very interested :D

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Guys, a fix for the roundoff error accumulation with rotating sectors is in the pipeline, so don't tear your hair out. It's really not fixable without some coding.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMicky C, on 19 June 2011 - 02:09 AM, said:

Ok you're confusing me. Is that eduke32? Because if it is, then it's openGL, nothing to do with directX.

View PostM210, on 19 June 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

hm...why not? And of cource these is eduke32, but Dimi said me that he working on source code of eduke32 and may be he added support of dx10 glass effect. Really I don't know yet

View PostTetsuo, on 19 June 2011 - 03:29 AM, said:

You don't need DX10 to support things like that just look at sikkmod for id tech 4 games like Doom 3 it adds all kinds of stuff and it's OpenGL. So when he says DX10 he could mean DX10 equivalent and just said DX10 so it'll be easier to understand. OpenGL can support DX10 or above equivalent depending on what version of OpenGL you use and what extensions you leverage.

Yeah openGL (which is what eduke32 uses) does all the same stuff directX does, but is a completely seperate thing. You can compare it to Windows and Mac, they're both computers, you can do pretty much the same stuff on both of them, but the coding etc... is completely unrelated.

Edit: nice to see there's a fix coming for the sprite in a rotating sector problem Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 21 June 2011 - 02:23 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Helixhorned, It would be cool :D

This post has been edited by M210: 21 June 2011 - 05:03 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I just downloaded new 1914 release with rotatesector+sprite fix, but it doesn't works on my e1m2 map...why? There is no difference between 1914rev and for example 1910rev. May be I do wrong something?
I have seen trueror1.map and it's working on this map, but not on my :)

And other question, feature definesound...does volume parameter working? I made some Kaleb voices by explosions of deadman's but I almost don't hear voice of Kaleb, because level of volume of explosions is bigger than voice, and no difference between
definesound PIPEBOMB_EXPLODE EXPLODCL.wav -512 0 128 0 -32768 and definesound HAHA1 PLAY1109.wav 0 0 255 4 32768
or definesound PIPEBOMB_EXPLODE EXPLODCL.wav -512 0 128 0 -6144 and definesound HAHA1 PLAY1109.wav 0 0 255 4 6144
or definesound PIPEBOMB_EXPLODE EXPLODCL.wav -512 0 128 0 0 and definesound HAHA1 PLAY1109.wav 0 0 255 4 0

This post has been edited by M210: 23 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options