Duke4.net Forums: BloodTC for eDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   Goldrick 

Right, i've got it installed correctly, it's loading up ok but locking up on the level load screen. I'm not sure if something is set incorrectly but the setting are 'as is', any ideas?

Never mind, it's working now. :P

This post has been edited by Goldrick: 14 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Today I made Phantasm enemy.
Original Blood have about 20 enemies with bosses and I have 10 complete enemies now - it's a 50% complete :P

User is offline   fgsfds 

Can you reduce the amount of blood? It was less in original. Performance drops sharply.

User is offline   m210® 

I think this blood from zombie head. It isn't adjusted yet and I can reduce it :P

User is offline   Mark 

Here are 2 more tiles if you want to add them to the HRP.

5176 and 5177

User is offline   m210® 

Yes, I want it :P
And I have one archive with not used yet HRP for BloodTC, I'm added your 5176 and 5177 too.
http://m210.duke4.ne...TC_textures_NOT USED YET.rar

New: I made hell hound AI :P

This post has been edited by M210: 16 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostMarked, on Jan 16 2011, 10:58 PM, said:

Here are 2 more tiles if you want to add them to the HRP.

Added.
https://sourceforge....jects/bloodhrp/

View PostM210, on Jan 16 2011, 11:27 PM, said:

And I have one archive with not used yet HRP for BloodTC

These textures are already in hrp.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm also working on a model for the lamp 5760

And I still do not have working keys in this latest version. I re-installed and even grabbed cfg files from the previous version and they just won't work like they used to.

This post has been edited by Marked: 16 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

User is offline   m210® 

Lamp model looks good, keep it up :P

About keys - it's strange, it works for me yet. I tried deleting folder with BloodTC? May be it help?

User is offline   m210® 

Today I have modified lookup.dat for BloodTC.
Now is possible making all palletes for Cultist and spiders :P
and I made decolouring palette, it's good news too http://forums2.duke4...tyle_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0001.jpg

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Nice! Keep up with the good work http://forums2.duke4...tyle_emoticons/default/wink.gif

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Nice to see this mod progressing.

User is offline   m210® 

Some update is avaible on my sait for enemies test :(

User is offline   Mark 

I think I mentioned this problem a while back and had no reply.

When I add models or textures to the TC they show up in the game but they do not show in 3D mode of Mapster. This also is the case with all HRP content. None of it shows in Mapster.

I'm wondering if my folder structure is somehow not like everyone else? When downloading and installing the TC and it's update I noticed 2 copies of some files or folders.

No one else seems to have this Mapster problem along with my other problem of the keys not working in the game. So I am assuming the problem is on my end but I have not been able to figure either of these out.

Are you sure Mapster is set to 32-Bit mode and the correct files are being loaded?

Firstly, try moving Mapster32.cfg from your Duke3D folder (Keep it somewhere in case things go wrong and you have to put it back) an try starting mapster being sure to set 3D mode to 32-Bit color. If the regular Duke 3D HRP is in the Autoload folder it should load that on it's own without needing any extra instructions.

Assuming this works, we can rule out any compatibility with your system, so open Notepad and type the following;
start mapster32.exe -jBloodTC -gBloodTC.grp

Save it to the Duke3D folder as "MapBloodTC.bat" (Or anything you want with a .bat extension) and try running that batch file.

User is offline   Mark 

I checked Mapster's settings and tried your suggestions including the batch file but it made no difference.

There is no autoload folder or regular duke HRP in this TC to worry about. The HRP in this is all custom content and the proper tabs and boxes are checked in the startup window to access them.

Since this is a WIP I am assuming that duplicate cfg , def, con files and folder structures are causing my problems and will be cleaned up eventually by the author. And there is a custom lauch window that opens before the regular Eduke setup window so maybe there is a conflict somewhere.

:( :D

EDIT: Now that I think about it, maybe no one else has noticed this because they are not modding the maps and content like I am. Its possible the problem is not just on my end.

Has anyone else tried using Mapster in this TC yet?

This post has been edited by Marked: 25 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMarked, on Jan 26 2011, 04:32 AM, said:

I am assuming that duplicate cfg

Are you about btc.cfg and btc_settings.cfg?
and I haven't found duplicate def's and con's files.
Also I did reconstruction all con files and grp files. I plan to combine some con files and now I'm deleted BTCSound.grp and all sound files added into BloodTC.grp. Make sure that you haven't old not-used files at my last TC else you will have more errors may be :(

User is offline   Mark 

The latest files I downloaded and installed put 2 copies of the HRP folder. One in the main folder and another in the BLOODTC folder.

Same thing with cfg and def files in both places.

The person that provided the HRP update file also mentioned something about you needing to delete some un-needed files from your end.

So, when you load up Mapster do you see the HRP textures when in the 3D mode??

This post has been edited by Marked: 26 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMarked, on Jan 26 2011, 04:39 PM, said:

The latest files I downloaded and installed put 2 copies of the HRP folder. One in the main folder and another in the BLOODTC folder.

Same thing with cfg and def files in both places.

The person that provided the HRP update file also mentioned something about you needing to delete some un-needed files from your end.

Yes, I'm deleted old HRP files, but HRP not includes con or cfg files. Anyhow I have one HRP folder in my TC :(

View PostMarked, on Jan 26 2011, 04:39 PM, said:

So, when you load up Mapster do you see the HRP textures when in the 3D mode??

No, I can't see it :D

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, HRP textures works in M32 with it:
http://m210.duke4.ne...es/autoload.rar

I just renamed bloodtc.def to duke3d.def and I had put def-file and HRP folder in "duke3d.grp" folder

EDIT:
I found more simple way:
After launch BloodTC.exe you need to add -hbloodtc.def to command-line:

-game_dir BloodTC -gBloodTC.grp -gBTCSounds.grp -hbloodtc.def

And my example:
Attached Image: capt0000.jpg

This post has been edited by M210: 26 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

User is offline   Scott_AW 

View PostM210, on Jan 26 2011, 06:02 AM, said:

And my example:
Attachment capt0000.jpg

Looking good!

I like this!

User is offline   Mark 

The BloodTC HRP textures now show up in Mapster as they should. Thanks. It will make things a lot easier now.

User is offline   fgsfds 

M210, where is TILES038.ART and 39.ART from? I didn't see these textures in original game.

User is offline   m210® 

It's from Plasma Pak. I added it for the future :(

This post has been edited by M210: 27 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

No, it's not from Plasma or Cryptic passage. I checked original .art and there are no these textures. I think it's from some unnoficial mod, because this texture couldn't be in official .art.

User is offline   m210® 

Hah, you right :( I forgot, this textures from "alone in the dark" map. I downloaded it from bloodgame.ru.
Ok, I'll delete it in future :D

User is offline   fgsfds 

New voxels for shotgun shells, tommygun ammo and tesla battery.

This post has been edited by empyrock: 28 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Heh, it's looking good :( Thanks!

User is offline   fgsfds 

M, can you give a script to shift tiles numbers? Or how did you do that?

This post has been edited by empyrock: 31 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options