• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   m210® 

View PostGambini, on 01 July 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

About the mappers, I would be down to help If I´d have the time.

yes, it would be very good :) You can told with empy about maps, he is the only mapper :P

User is offline   Fragstah 

Dunno if these have been reported but, anyway;

1. Seems like you can jump higher in this compared to vanilla Blood, is this intentional? example: When jumping up to the dual pistol in the first map you can just jump on to the fence without jumping from a gravestone.

2. In the same place, where you find the key, on the wall there are clipping errors.

3. Corpses jump up and down.

Lookin good so far!

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks for report, I know about 1 and 3 bug,
about 2, you mean the errors between upper and lower sectors of TROR? There is lack of eduke engine i think :)

REALLY, REALLY loving this TC so far, but have a few questions as a first-time user of the forum.

1) HOW ON EARTH do you activate the cheat codes? I tried T followed by the cheat code as in the "original" game (e.g. nocapinmyass for immortal mode), but nothing! Do you have to start the game with a command line option to activate cheats?

2) In the "original" Blood game, there were various "pickups" such as a 10% health boost resembling a pumping heart left by the demise of say a zombie such as appears just as you leave the crypt on the first level. This doesn't seem to appear in the TC. Is this feature "in development"?

3) I've noticed on my pc (running June 30th version) that if you fire a flare into say either a zombie or a cultist, as they move about, the flare animation sometimes goes one way and the "enemy" goes another i.e. the two seem to part company. Is this a "known" bug?

3) In the original game, on the "Still Kicking" difficulty setting, one flare "hit" was always enough to (eventually) kill a zombie or cultist. Very often 2 are needed in this TC version. Is this intentional?

Also, the zombies seem to need more "forkings" to kill them than in the original game (which usually needed 3 at most on Still Kicking difficulty setting) . Again, is this intentional?

I have to say that from what I have seen so far, this is a GREAT project you've got going here M210 and I can't WAIT to see it finished! It's great to be able to play Blood again on a "modern" operating system (well if you can call WinXP "modern" that is).

CP

User is offline   Gambini 

For cheats, open the console (by default the leftmost key from the numbers line, under Esc and at left of 1) and type "god" (without the quotes) god mode. "give all" All items, key weapons and ammo.

Aha!! Thanks very much! Forgot all about the console! Should have remembeed that from my Quake-playing days!

User is offline   m210® 

2) Yes, of cource I'll make this items after dead of enemies.
Now I spend a little time the enemies, therefore some errors of enemies can be a......available xD

After I make some other effects for save of Blood gameplay, I'll working on AI of enemies and effects of it

View PostM210, on 07 July 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

2) Yes, of cource I'll make this items after dead of enemies.
Now I spend a little time the enemies, therefore some errors of enemies can be a......available xD

After I make some other effects for save of Blood gameplay, I'll working on AI of enemies and effects of it

Thanks M210, if I spot any other possible bugs/omissions, I'll post them here. Looking VERY good so far tho'

CP

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, thank you too :P
Btw, I fixed some troubles with dynamites...dynamites have a lot of unknown bugs :)

User is offline   Spiker 

In this pic there are 4 new textures by me. Can't indentify them? That's good because they really fit (at least I hope so!). Tell me what you think. Normal maps included (not shown).

Attached Image: duke0000.jpg

Attached File  xxxx.zip (4.02MB)
Number of downloads: 322

User is offline   fgsfds 

That's really good. Thanks.
Also, can you look at this model? I tried to make parallax map from it but I do something wrong.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  6837.zip (232.17K)
    Number of downloads: 294

User is offline   Spiker 

Don't know what you did wrong but after some struggling it worked for me.I attached the result.

I've noticed the fence in the graveyard is much too bright as if it did not take shadow from the ground. In that case it has to be shaded manually. What's more a sprite version of it is needed for places like the gate just one area earlier.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: disp.png

User is offline   m210® 

Yeah, this texture looks very good, and good job :(
Btw, I think a lot of code was written, I had fixed a lot of bugs and now I working on AI of enemies. There is not a long time for next perilous release :(

User is offline   Spiker 

How can I view the 8bit blood textures in Photoshop with correct palette? or convert them to a proper palette?

User is offline   fgsfds 

What did you use for extracting? I used Dragon unpacker. It has blood and sw palettes too.
Or you can download this archive.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by empy: 15 July 2011 - 03:48 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Thanks! Most textures need to be remade from scratch but there is a few where some PS work should do the trick also I need them for reference. What I did wrong is probably that I got the textures from the TC and not the game itself (facepalm).

User is offline   Spiker 

Posted ImagePosted Image

No, I did not use Photoshop, well at least not on it's own. Actually I developed a completely new technique of recreating textures becuase upscaling it and applying filters gave me mere results. It's so insane that I don't think anyone would even think of it. Seems like experiments sometimes pay off especially if you have some sort of a brain damage!

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  5346.zip (449.32K)
    Number of downloads: 288

View PostSpiker, on 15 July 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image

No, I did not use Photoshop, well at least not on it's own. Actually I developed a completely new technique of recreating textures becuase upscaling it and applying filters gave me mere results. It's so insane that I don't think anyone would even think of it. Seems like experiments sometimes pay off especially if you have some sort of a brain damage!

It doesn't even look good though. It's easy to see you just added filters and darkened it, even without you stating it. That's not how high quality stuff are made. :(

User is offline   Spiker 

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. I did not use filters. 90% was done in Blender. Besides for me it looks great. It has to be darker for the same reasons why most art in HRP is darker. With using filters the best I could get is this
Posted ImagePosted Image

So compare them once again.I could create some bad stuff in the past but with this one I really think it's quite the opposite. Actually I have no doubts about that. Maybe you like cartoony shit but that's not my problem.

EDIT: it just need some tweak around one eye and some normal map adjustment which I will do tomorrow.

I'm interested in hearing more opinions.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 15 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

User is offline   m210® 

I tried to make somethink too :( Five minutes of work and done :( Look

Posted Image

This post has been edited by M210: 15 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

Hmmm not bad! But maybe it's a bit too strong. You just overlayed a texture?

Oh sorry, misread the post a bit (skipped out the 'because', I think). Regardless, I think it still looks too glossy, too 2D (although arguably that's the point, even attempting to make it look 3D would go a long way)..

Also, I don't necessarily recall the HRP textures being any darker, really. You still have to keep in mind that people will vary the shade on that sprite and, being dark to the point of being welcome in Doom 3, will probably make it invisible in dark areas.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSpiker, on 15 July 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

You just overlayed a texture?

Yes, I just combined your latest textures and overlayed rock texture

This post has been edited by M210: 15 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

What are you guys talking about? they all look bad sorry :( If the texture was lighter then it could be ok.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Seriously, it just looks like the old texture ran through some filters.... there's no additional detail. It mostly exaggerates parts that wouldn't be exaggerated on a true high res version.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Did you use the original tile as a heightmap in Blender and tweak the resulting mesh?

User is offline   Spiker 

This is my my last attempt with this. On the second thought it really was too dark. But I'm no longer going to contribute to any "recreate project". It's too much hassle and I want to do the things how I see them without caring what others have to say. I can't limit myself just to satisfy anyone. Time to go my own path and work for myself. Van gogh produced crap too.

Posted Image

Talk about touchy.

Being an artist isn't exactly forgiving work, you can't expect others to praise your work off the bat. If you want to continue making 'high quality' sprites or textures and not care about what others have to say, fine, but then don't post them and expect overall positive response.

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostRyan Cordell, on 16 July 2011 - 07:51 AM, said:

Talk about touchy.

Being an artist isn't exactly forgiving work, you can't expect others to praise your work off the bat. If you want to continue making 'high quality' sprites or textures and not care about what others have to say, fine, but then don't post them and expect overall positive response.

1. I didn't say that I'm going to create sprites or textures. You take shortcuts everywhere you can, sometimes you even respond to posts without actually reading them as it happened with your first post.

2. I don't expect my work to be praised but I still think the first version I posted looks really good, I've seen it in game at least! I was always against "per pixel" recreation of stuff which led to not incuding some really nice textures in HRP because "they weren't exactly as original (in short weren't that crappy but more realistic). You can say I'm a hater of HRP haters who complain all the time that the game slowly stops looking like shit and it hurts their nostalgia. Besides noone would even attempt to model or paint this from scratch because it's really not worth it when there is thousands of textures and this one is quite complicated.

3. It's funny that in your older post you mentioned that it looks too 2d and lacks depth. Well in fact it's a render of a 3d model so it had depth. But I had to render it in orthographic view because if I did it with perspective I would be shot for not making it look exaclty as the original which in this case is crucial. But to solve it partialy I included a normal map which of course you didn't even bother to check even if it needs a little tweaking.

4. To sum up you talk about what you think is true and not what is really true beacuse you don't even bother to check the facts. (I'm going to create a 3d movie from scratch btw and not sprites).

User is offline   fgsfds 

Made some textures today.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 5215.jpg
  • Attached Image: 5572.jpg

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options