Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostLeoD, on 06 September 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Speaking of maphacks: WorldTour maphacks overhaul is complete since May, you may want to update the Voxel Pack versions. ;)

Done.

User is offline   spacekebab 

I mean, vox enemies don't look too bad. I redid some hrp to voxel conversions a while back at .6 scale for myself and it came out okay after a lot of editing. A faithful pure voxel representation would be... amazing. Might look bulky at 1:1 and it would be a pain to to do all... those... frames, but I don't see any reason not to try.

• The Truth is in here

Gonna be a lot of work though since enemies have a lot more frames than static props.

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

Gotta be honest, i'm not really a fan of going voxel with the enemies. Maybe as a separate pack, but I think it just goes beyond the scope and of this pack. Keeping it to items/world objects seems the most reasonable to me.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Postspacekebab, on 10 September 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

I mean, vox enemies don't look too bad. I redid some hrp to voxel conversions a while back at .6 scale for myself and it came out okay after a lot of editing. A faithful pure voxel representation would be... amazing. Might look bulky at 1:1 and it would be a pain to to do all... those... frames, but I don't see any reason not to try.

I see someone ganked my weapon CON code (from StrikerDM) without permission there. Is that Brutal Duke I'm looking at?

EDIT: Anyway, I fixed the "We-stor your crap" sign pivots, because I'm getting ready for another release of my mod: https://drive.google...MTnWHH3Q-lCLNEK

This post has been edited by Striker: 11 September 2019 - 09:13 AM

• The Truth is in here

Outstanding. Will put on GitHub, if you don't mind.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostNightFright, on 11 September 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Outstanding. Will put on GitHub, if you don't mind.

That's totally fine.

User is offline   Jim Rockford 

• Banned on Rigel

Okay I forgot to post this up before I went out of town. Sorry guys. Anyone is free to use this. It's not perfect, but hopefully it helps.

https://i.imgur.com/GP50pw4.png

This post has been edited by Jim Rockford: 11 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

• The Truth is in here

Voxel Pack v1.3 pre2 is out. It's basically a collection of fixes gathered in the last few days (plus the new shopping cart), showing that this "public beta" stage is paying off. Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback that helps polishing this project.

We will still keep gathering feedback, hoping to fix anything that may still look odd and maybe add a couple of more voxels before we wrap it up.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 September 2019 - 11:20 PM

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options