• You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Been playing through The Birth when I caught this

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0011.png

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Yeah, I guess either there's no maphack for that one or voxels have problems with this kind of stuff in general. Need to check what's the problem here.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Im feeling like thats a voxel issue... not a maphack one. They like to show though walls sometimes.

Wouldn't the fix be adding notmd for that sprite in the maphack?

There was also a stop sign in Going Postal that appears backwards Never mind, I'm an idiot

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 01 December 2019 - 05:50 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

This definitely screams maphack issue. Either they're not being loaded, or there's something wrong with the maphack. The notmd keyword will disable voxels just as it does with models, so if it's missing in the maphack, it should be put in. Also, voxels shouldn't render if they're one-sided wall-aligned and you're behind them. If the switch got rotated somehow, or the one-sided bit isn't on, that could also be part of the problem.

This post has been edited by Striker: 01 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

• The Truth is in here

I have checked the E4L11 maphack and there was an issue indeed. Sprite #683 had a notmd line, but it was commented out for unknown reasons. I fixed it in the Github repository, please download and check if the voxel switch is hidden now.

• The Truth is in here

I tried by myself and it's fixed now with the reactivated notmd line. Please keep reporting things like these since we can't play through all the episodes again and again by ourselves in the tester team to see if all the hacks are working properly.

User is offline   Borion 

This thread has gone cold lately. Lets warm it up a little.

Both frames/models of geisha are 70% done.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Borion: 14 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

User is offline   Stripper 

Judging by how perky her pixels are, seems like the temperature is rather chilly actually :rolleyes:

User is offline   Borion 

View PostStripper, on 18 January 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

Judging by how perky her pixels are, seems like the temperature is rather chilly actually :mellow:

:rolleyes:

User is offline   Borion 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vhs camera and armchair+its destroyed state.

This post has been edited by Borion: 28 January 2020 - 09:38 AM

User is offline   Borion 

Posted Image

Slimer egg is also finished.

User is offline   Borion 

Electricity meter (1049)
Posted Image

"E pluribus, Nukem" (4930)
Posted Image

• The Truth is in here

Borion's 10 new voxels (everything he has made since his return until the present day) have been uploaded over at Github.

User is offline   Borion 

View PostNightFright, on 29 January 2020 - 07:12 AM, said:

Borion's 10 new voxels (everything he has made since his return until the present day) have been uploaded over at Github.

Thanks for such quick update, Nightfright!

One small thing folks, please think of geisha as 'beta version'. There are some minor improvements left, expect them to happen in next couple of days.
_Rest is finished and tested_

Expect more voxel stuff in near future :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Borion: 29 January 2020 - 10:27 AM

User is offline   Borion 

USA flag (4443)
Posted Image

two cables (1048)
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Borion: 30 January 2020 - 08:51 AM

The new sprites face the same direction as the models in the HRP so they should work with the existing maphacks right?

User is offline   Borion 

View PostPhredreeke, on 30 January 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

The new sprites face the same direction as the models in the HRP so they should work with the existing maphacks right?

I hope so! I checked those models on couple of vanilla maps and found no issues.

Besides USA flag, but thats unposted yet...

In-game shot of camera and chair. Sorry for no crop:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Borion: 30 January 2020 - 09:07 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That chair looks so much like the sprite, I can barely tell it's a voxel. The legs give it a way, but it's super accurate.

User is offline   Borion 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 30 January 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

That chair looks so much like the sprite, I can barely tell it's a voxel. The legs give it a way, but it's super accurate.

Thanks Dan, appreciated!

Next to fire extinguisher & yellow gas container ('seenine'), this is for me one of most iconic sprites in DN3D. I cant imagine DN3D without those chairs here & there.

Do you also have your favourite sprites/objects, guys?

If I remember correctly, both C9 and fire extinguisher were voxeled yet, aren't they? Maybe I'm thinking in the MD3 models though.

Nice work by the way.

• The Truth is in here

The three new voxels have been integrated into Github. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to correct the maphacks for E4L5 (sprite 83, should face 180°, i.e. opposite way) and E4L5 (sprite 335, should be rotated 90° clockwise) since EDuke32 wouldn't use them ingame.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 31 January 2020 - 07:45 AM

• Auramancer

View PostNightFright, on 31 January 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

The three new voxels have been integrated into Github. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to correct the maphacks for E4L5 (sprite 83, should face 180°, i.e. opposite way) and E4L5 (sprite 335, should be rotated 90° clockwise) since EDuke32 wouldn't use them ingame.

You might want to check the MD4 of your E4L5.map file. Might not match.

This post has been edited by Striker: 01 February 2020 - 02:23 PM

• The Truth is in here

How many versions are out there of that map? I have Atomic and World Tour and the changes work for neither of them, and yes, I adjusted spritenums for WT properly. And it's not only like this in E4L5, it's E4L8, too.

Anyway, I have reminded Borion to use HRP model orientations so we don't need to start making two different sets of maphacks. Even if some md3 orientations may be incorrect.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 February 2020 - 03:18 PM

• Auramancer

The only other thing I can think of is there possibly could be a syntax error in the maphack causing it to break after a certain line.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostNightFright, on 01 February 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

Anyway, I have reminded Borion to use HRP model orientations so we don't need to start making two different sets of maphacks. Even if some md3 orientations may be incorrect.

I think it would be much wiser to design the voxels in accordance with the original game as opposed to designing them around mistakes made in the HRP.

• The Truth is in here

Well, in that case someone has to do all the maphacks adjustments. It was easy when it was just about pickups.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Did you need any help? Which specific voxels need to be adjusted?

• Auramancer

Posted Image
Was that line meant to be commented out? The // prevents it from being used.

(This is in the E4L5 maphacks for Atomic and WT)

This post has been edited by Striker: 01 February 2020 - 04:16 PM

• Auramancer

BTW, the voxel for 556 should be applied to 557 as well. 557 is just the backside of the same chair.

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options