• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Marya 

View PostBorion, on 25 August 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Mortar (1650-1653)

Spoiler

Seem to work and look fine in game.
Sheese people like to smash that downvote button the second they see something they dislike it's almost like it's not worth posting anything trying be honest or asking a simple question....

You know that mortar always looked more grenade like to me...

This post has been edited by Marya: 25 August 2019 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   Rellik 

View PostMarya, on 25 August 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

Sheese people like to smash that downvote button the second they see something they dislike it's almost like it's not worth posting anything trying be honest or asking a simple question....

It's called Motar because that is what it is called in names.h (actually it is misspelled)
#define MORTER 1650

User is offline   Borion 

View PostStriker, on 25 August 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

The Sentry Drone voxel looks very good in-game (probably helps that the sentry drone AI moves very smoothly), so I'm going to keep it in StrikerDM. Nice work!

Any progress on the Slimer Egg? Just curious, because what you shown looked really good.

Thanks Striker, I was positively surprised how smooth it moves. It is somehow strange to see this enemy without usual quick jumps between frames, will take me another few decades to get used to it :(

About progress on Slimer Egg, I made rough models of remaining two frames some time ago, but put them aside because of some other stuff.
I will get back to that object sooner or later, rest assured!

View PostRellik, on 25 August 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

It's called Motar because that is what it is called in names.h (actually it is misspelled)
#define MORTER 1650

Yes, I missed it. I don't know if it should be changed, it's best if NightFright will decide.

This post has been edited by Borion: 26 August 2019 - 01:52 AM

User is offline   Borion 

View PostMarya, on 25 August 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

Aliens are known for misusing Earthlings weapon nomenclature.

User is offline   RPD Guy 

Are you going to create a package with all voxels or I'll have to download each one separately?
Also, you're doing a very nice job over here.

This post has been edited by RPD Guy: 30 August 2019 - 03:57 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

We are closing in on a release for the official version, so hopefully you won't have to survive much longer before having everything together.

There's still the decision about how to handle voxel rotation (I guess for now I need to just turn it off, but it would be nice to have an option for rotating pickup items in the EDuke32 menu), plus how to proceed with monster voxels (my current approach is to have them included but deactivated, for manual activation via con/def only).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 August 2019 - 07:04 AM

User is online   fgsfds 

Care to add BuildGDX support? I can prepare def file and it can co-exist with eduke's def in a single archive.

• The Truth is in here

If it's that easy (i.e. if EDuke32 completely ignores the additional file), why not. Just post it here or send it via PM, I will make adjustments if necessary.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 August 2019 - 07:17 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

M210 told me on discord that from the next version the main script should be named with the port's name. so make dukegdx.def and add include duke3d_voxel.def

User is online   fgsfds 

Not a good idea. It will work, but it's better to make a separate def with gdx's features.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Is the way GDX handles voxels different from the eduke32 family of ports?

User is online   fgsfds 

Voxels definitions made for eduke will work fine with gdx, but gdx has some extra stuff added to defs, like an option to set voxel rotation or crc check, which should be utilized imo.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 30 August 2019 - 08:33 AM

• The Truth is in here

Dear friends of lightweight entertainment!
The voxel pack is now on GitHub. For any of you who just can't wait to get the latest bleeding edge version before the official release, you can grab it now.

Voxel Pack on GitHub
Ready-to-use pre-release download here

Features of this pre-release version:
- BuildGDX support via dukegdx.def
- Includes all voxels until today, including Borion's brand-new and previously unpublished gun turret, see below
- Voxel rotations deactivated, can be activated manually via duke3d_voxels.def (see voxelpack_readme.txt)
- Monster voxels deactivated (Pigcop tank, Sentry drone, Gun turret), can be activated manually via duke3d_voxels.def (see voxelpack_readme.txt)

Borion's gun turret (preview):
Posted Image

From now on, new voxels will most likely go directly to the GitHub repository instead of being posted here (more collaborators besides the mighty Borion shall be added).
I will move more of my personal projects from the Duke3D HRP website to GitHub in the near future (addon compilation is too big for it, though).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 September 2019 - 03:19 AM

View Postfgsfds, on 30 August 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

Voxels definitions made for eduke will work fine with gdx, but gdx has some extra stuff added to defs, like an option to set voxel rotation or crc check, which should be utilized imo.

Man, oh man, I was so waiting for this! Manually adding every new voxel was slowly chipping away at my sanity. Thanks so very much for this, excellent work.

• The Truth is in here

I forgot to mention: Atomic Health is also in, and it seems to work just fine. No bobbing issues.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Siiiiiiiiiick.

• The Truth is in here

Applied a small fix to eduke.con to correct loading order of scripts (otherwise Pigcop Tank stuff would be ignored if you activate it). Please redownload from link in above post (or my signature).

Small preview for the Pigcop Tank ingame:
Posted Image

There is still an issue with the turret, visible e.g. in E1L4. It may be related to that metal pole replacement:
Posted Image

User is offline   Borion 

Damn. I need to correct colors on drivers head. It is really visible on this screenshot (nice shot by the way).
Thanks for fixing script!

Issue with turret on E1L4 - what the hell, how is this even possible? :(

EDIT:
I did what I should do from a beginning - check it in mapster. Error is obvious^^
I will fix it and drop it on GitHub.

This post has been edited by Borion: 03 September 2019 - 12:45 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostBorion, on 03 September 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

Issue with turret on E1L4 - what the hell, how is this even possible? :(

The sprite on the pole is the FIRELASER being fired by the turret and is not part of the turret voxel. To fix this we need to see what that looks like with the sprite turret. Either the shot has been spawning high all along, or the sprite turret is rendered higher when vertically flipped.

User is online   fgsfds 

Looks like a bug in polymost with flipped voxels. It looks normal in software.

Also, Borion, you need to adjust turret's y-pivot, otherwise it will look like this.
Attached Image: duke0006.png

• The Truth is in here

That's what it looks like in Classic (also far from perfect actually, unless I have applied a setting that makes it look worse than it should):

Posted Image

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 September 2019 - 12:51 AM

It is just spectacular for a pre-release, it run fine even on old eduke32 versions.

The Atomic Health must have really been a pain in the ass, i can't imagine how the hell you made it, WOW.

Freaking awesome job Posted Image.

User is offline   Borion 

View Postfgsfds, on 03 September 2019 - 12:46 AM, said:

Looks like a bug in polymost with flipped voxels. It looks normal in software.

Also, Borion, you need to adjust turret's y-pivot, otherwise it will look like this.
Attachment duke0006.png

Yes, I already work on this. Thanks, Fgsfds!

That's what it looks like in Classic (also far from perfect actually, unless I have applied a setting that makes it look worse than it should)

Ok, still pivots are far from perfect.

This post has been edited by Borion: 03 September 2019 - 12:58 AM

User is online   fgsfds 

View PostBorion, on 03 September 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

Ok, still pivots are far from perfect.

That's how the sprite looks, and your voxel looks the same in software mode. It's not a problem with voxel's pivots, but a bug in polymost.
I had the same problem with IF, but it was fixed there. I expected it to be fixed in eduke as well.

User is offline   Borion 

View Postfgsfds, on 03 September 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

That's how the sprite looks, and your voxel looks the same in software mode. It's not a problem with voxel's pivots, but a bug in polymost.
I had the same problem with IF, but it was fixed there. I expected it to be fixed in eduke as well.

Thanks for clearing this one out, I was confused.

User is offline   Borion 

EDIT: sorry, double post

This post has been edited by Borion: 03 September 2019 - 01:05 AM

• The Truth is in here

Ah, forgot to try voxels in Classic, too, just did in Polymost. Anyway, great job with everything. Maybe we find other stuff to correct besides those Pigcop eyes in the tank.

User is offline   Borion 

Fixed turret is on GitHub.

I noticed that voxel model of deskphone 4454 looks fine in mapster, but in game it always "levitates" some distance above proper location. I see that on latest version compiled from SVN & older version from early march of this year.

• The Truth is in here

Turret looks fine now. Release on GitHub page updated.

Comparison Classic/Polymost

Considering the huge progress Polymost has made recently, I don't doubt this alignment issue will be solved eventually.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 September 2019 - 02:01 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostBorion, on 03 September 2019 - 01:43 AM, said:

Fixed turret is on GitHub.

I noticed that voxel model of deskphone 4454 looks fine in mapster, but in game it always "levitates" some distance above proper location. I see that on latest version compiled from SVN & older version from early march of this year.

This is a problem in vanilla Duke3D as well. Props that can be damaged or destroyed move a few pixels up once they are seen, affects sprites and voxels alike.

This post has been edited by Striker: 03 September 2019 - 09:34 PM

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options