Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'm working on something huge and awesome; it will change the Duke community and bricks will be shat.

User is offline   Spiker 

Ok, so when can we expect some details? :)

• el fundador

People who hang out on IRC know what I'm talking about. :)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You're that prominent you can get it done soon enough to talk about it in this thread?

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostNerdZilla, on Dec 3 2009, 02:28 AM, said:

well here it is with it's own tile14... its a bata test.

Attachment biglandscape_bata.zip

injoy.. =)

Impressive! So how does it work? You wrote an actual terrain generator for this stuff?

• el fundador

View PostDaedolon, on Dec 3 2009, 05:49 AM, said:

You're that prominent you can get it done soon enough to talk about it in this thread?

Yes, I'm more than confident enough about it to start hinting that something is coming. I've been working on it frequently and it's just BAM, one success after another with it now. :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Sector Vehicles? :)

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Sector vehicles are currently entirely possible to code using CON so that would be pretty underwhelming.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Plagman, on Dec 3 2009, 07:17 PM, said:

Sector vehicles are currently entirely possible to code using CON so that would be pretty underwhelming.

Sprite/model based vehicles are more versatile and easier to code, so I for one will never be coding sector based ones. I'm saying that now in just in case someone asks. :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

TX is sporting a chub, but huge and awesome are mere exaggerations. :)

User is offline   NerdZilla 

Rusty Nails, on Dec 3 2009, 09:42 AM, said:

Impressive! So how does it work? You wrote an actual terrain generator for this stuff?

thank you. i made the parts and connected them like lago. simcity2000 meets BF1942.

im still in the process of making terrain parts. it's going to take some time befor i can make the lake and open waters.
thats when it'll get really interesting.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 03 December 2009 - 08:38 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Bored, so I created a CON to the water in all levels transparent.

It's glitch like hell, but it's a relief to see the levels like that.

Gallery: http://img146.images...?g=water103.png

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ilovefoxes: 03 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Heh, pretty sweet. Does it use the RoR SEs on the water sectors or some other technique? Someday Polymer will do that automatically, with reflection and refraction to boot. The rendering code is already there, I just have to plug it in. Here's a shot back when I had hardcoded it for E1L3:

Posted Image

User is offline   SuperFudd 

Hi again.
I have been invited to post some screen shots of the "alpha" of my "Otobrain vs Enforcer". How do I make screen shots and how do I get to GOD mode?
How do I post the shots? I could try to figure it out but I would rather ask.
I moved the marine to the start point.

Don

User is offline   Stabs 

Plagman, on Dec 3 2009, 07:17 PM, said:

big thing standing in the way of sector vechs (for polymer anyway) the street it can drive on has to be one big sector, and if the 10 odd street lights for example all end up hitting that street its lighting is going to look really out of place.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'm still working on making a new player character for WGR2. Still a ways to go, but I have the basic attacks for all of his weapons almost finished. Here's a movie showing him using the Armageddon Sword and Thunderstrike Hammer:

http://deeperthought...swordhammer.wmv

The sword attack where he flies in, slices, then returns to his original position is what I like to call In-N-Out Burger. It works on airborne opponents as well.

User is offline   gt1750 

Plagman, on Dec 4 2009, 06:48 AM, said:

Heh, pretty sweet. Does it use the RoR SEs on the water sectors or some other technique? Someday Polymer will do that automatically, with reflection and refraction to boot. The rendering code is already there, I just have to plug it in. Here's a shot back when I had hardcoded it for E1L3:

Posted Image

What's the ETA for this? I've been waiting to see water like this since you posted this shot looong time ago. While non-transparent lava and slime look pretty good with normals applied, the current water in Polymer sucks, even though the HRP tiles were done by me :)

User is offline   NerdZilla 

This is what it looked like befor. its cool and smooth. but it was'nt really what i wanted it to look like.

This is what i intended it to look like. i just have to make the parts that lead to a flat ground. and like i said befor. i'll be making ilands in the middle of lakes and really cool looking dig sites.

[attachment=763
:
duke0003.jpg]

even with out any backround to cast a cool looking shadow. are the parts to make a flat serfice to put a house on. it looks good..
added benafit : maps will run easyer then the last ones thay'll also be alot bigger.

PS: the stuff above my comment... AWESOME!!!!.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 04 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

User is offline   Geoffrey 

Why not use models for the environment? It kindof reminds me of the Soldier of Fortune 2 map generator now, which would generate some random mountains and then fill it up with pre-made objects like walls, trees, houses and fences.

• el fundador

Okay, I didn't want to say anything SPECIFIC until the first test over the Internet was performed, but now it has (and it was successful), so, here it is...

I coded true client/server multiplayer.

It features in-game joining.

It never goes out of sync, because it doesn't use a sync based system.

This is currently a prototype, but the code is now in svn, so you can be 1000% sure (not a typo) I'm making good on my claims, just like everything else I've dared to run my mouth about in the past.

More information forthcoming.

User is offline   Jblade 

HOLY GOD DAMN SHIT

at first I thought 'nah it can't be that great' but servers and NO SYNC? You're a legend.

Does it need con modification for that kind of thing, or will it work with any kind of con files? In anycase this is great news since sync issues is the AMC TC's biggest multi problem but with those gone it'll be clear sailing :)

I've been waiting for this since... ever!

And thus bricks were expelled all over the world... :)

User is offline   NY00123 

Great job with the multi player rewrite! And many of us have thought that it would never happen... :)

User is offline   XThX2 

HOLY SHIT!!! YOU ARE BEYOND GOD-LIKE!

User is offline   Stabs 

cool shit now make a mouse based in-game gui with ttf support and a server browser

TX, on Dec 5 2009, 10:16 AM, said:

Okay, I didn't want to say anything SPECIFIC until the first test over the Internet was performed, but now it has (and it was successful), so, here it is...

I coded true client/server multiplayer.

It features in-game joining.

It never goes out of sync, because it doesn't use a sync based system.

This is currently a prototype, but the code is now in svn, so you can be 1000% sure (not a typo) I'm making good on my claims, just like everything else I've dared to run my mouth about in the past.

More information forthcoming.

Wow first Polymer and now this? You guys are doing a tremendous job with Eduke32 that is for sure.

User is offline   Mark 

TX said: I'm working on something huge and awesome; it will change the Duke community and bricks will be shat.

He didn't lie.

This post has been edited by Marked: 05 December 2009 - 04:32 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

I should've worn a diaper when coming to Duke4 today, but now it's too late. brb gonna have to clean the poo of my chair

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

It actually works, I don't believe it! :)

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options