Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Hey guys, forum is looking a bit dead today so I thought I'd start some sort of a dialog here... what are you guys working on right now? Maps, mods, editing art tiles, coding something in a CON file, working on a Duke related site, whatever--what are you doing? Myself, I'm making some minor changes to the Dukeworld layout, fixing some bugs in the php that spits out the directory indexes, et cetera. Might work on EDuke32 later depending on what I feel like doing. I think there are some bugs in Mapster32 that need to be taken care of sometime soon.

User is offline   quakis 

Working on a map (Screenshot 1 / Screenshot 2) and Symphony of Orekia.

• el fundador

That looks really good. Have you considered maybe making some of the crates out of sprites, so that you can have them at different angles from each other? It looks a bit artificial with them all at perfect 90 degree angles like that. I would also suggest making the freezer portion of the refrigerator in the other shot take up more space than it does now... something closer to a 70/30 split instead of the 80/20 you have now would look better I think. It also needs to be beefed up in how thick it is compared to the counter.

Oh, and maybe use a couple of different bottle/jar sprites on the shelf? Either way it looks nice.

I'm trying to finish the first 3 levels of WGR2, so we can make a small demo release soon. Ive also converted 3 of my DM maps to WGR2, so you can play some DM with it, I think Maartn is converting TOD.map to wgr2 aswell, and maybe makeing some other DM maps for it.

BTW, since you mention mapster 32, I noticed when I copy/past a sprite, and it has a xvel, that xvel is then pasted into the yvel and zvel aswell as the xvel.

• el fundador

Hey, thanks for the bug report. Whoever coded the support for pasting xvel/yvel/zvel typed it in once for xvel, pasted it in 2 more times for yvel and zvel and then only changed half of the variable assignment on each line... so the saved copy of the yvel and zvel were just being set to the xvel of the source sprite. D'oh. Just fixed that plus the outstanding issue in the undo/redo support in Mapster32 svn.

Btw, where's my copy of WGR2? Upload it somewhere on your site and tell me where to get it, I wanna check it out. :)

User is offline   Mark 

I was sorting and organizing my texture folders and all of my different folders of Duke and SW games. I keep a lot of different versions to try out different mods and TCs without corrupting my main game. I also progressed a little farther on my Ancient Rome map and posted a few more screenshots and created 2 more textures. Sadly, I'm getting to the point where I am toying with the idea of giving the project to someone else to finish if I can find anyone interested. I'm finding out limitations with that theme and the existing texture sets. I have made a bunch of new ones but I'm losing the thrill of creation with this one. I figured it might be better to pass it on to someone else instead of it just laying here on the hard drive or possibly ruining the map by continuing it with my lack of enthusiasm.

This post has been edited by Marked: 14 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

User is offline   eddym4814 

I've been adding user reviews to my site and adding new pages to RTCM. I have 15 more pages to edit and upload to RTCM this week.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Just working on my shitty mod, albeit slowly. Once I get some more progress, I'll open a thread here. You can view a thread over at DNR or my entry at EdukeWiki, but you'll just bore yourself to death.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I was working on the flashlight and some other stuff for DP.
I was also working on some alternate player models. I don't know if anyone would be interested in doing the code to swap them out though.

Due to a variety of reasons, nobody has used the last 4 or 5 things I've contributed.

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

I'm creating some models for Project Blue Skies right now.
Also i've got a map lying around on my HD for almost a year now, but it pi...es me off.
I have to stay below 1100 sectors otherwise my framerate goes down to 0.
What's wrong with that thing?

This post has been edited by chicken: 15 June 2009 - 05:07 AM

User is offline   supergoofy 

I made a convenient pack for Starship Troopers TC + an addon pack that add more maps to it.

And here is a more organized pack, the files are grouped in ssttc.grp

ssttc_for_eduke32.rar
http://www.mediafire...php?tli4jjydyzu

just put eduke32.exe and duke3d.grp and run ssttc.bat

ssttc_addon.zip for ssttc_for_eduke32.rar
http://www.mediafire...php?zjwzvjuyidm

run with: eduke32 -gssttc.grp -gssttc_addon.zip -xgame.con

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 15 June 2009 - 12:21 AM

• el fundador

http://dukeworld.duk...rrent/tc/ssttc/

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTea Monster, on Jun 14 2009, 08:08 PM, said:

Due to a variety of reasons, nobody has used the last 4 or 5 things I've contributed.

The average length of time between someone contributing to a Duke project and the contribution seeing the light of day is somewhere between six months and six hundred years. Just ask any mapper, modeler or coder who has made a lot of stuff for mods.

Some stuff gets used right away -- like that tube model you made which is now used for the DP freeze beam. Other stuff requires a whole infrastructure to support it (such as polymer, loads of new code, etc).

You may find that all or nearly all of that stuff gets used eventually.

User is offline   Cage 

image 1
image 2

I've been playing around Eduke32 a while ago but I don't have much time plus coding stuff is a problem for me :)

This post has been edited by Cage: 15 June 2009 - 03:45 AM

That looks pretty cool :) (y)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostWilliam Gee, on Jun 16 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

That looks pretty cool :) (y)

Second that.

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

revising hud devastator and freezer...

User is offline   Spiker 

One map and one super top secret project :)

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostCage, on Jun 15 2009, 02:45 PM, said:

image 1
image 2

I've been playing around Eduke32 a while ago but I don't have much time plus coding stuff is a problem for me :)

Love those buildings!

User is offline   HellFire 

i was working on my medieval tc, i dont have too much inspiration/motivation to work on it so its coming very slowly. Right now im just getting resources, writing the defs, writing all my ideas in a notepad :) and waiting for a stable polymer release cause i want to use that dynamic lightining stuff.

User is offline   diehard 

Working on Project Blue Skies...

http://forums.duke4....?showtopic=1072

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostCage, on Jun 15 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

image 1
image 2

I've been playing around Eduke32 a while ago but I don't have much time plus coding stuff is a problem for me :D

Looks really neat :D

Well personally I'm not really working on much for the moment. Some maps for my own thing, the AMC TC and some other stuff is sitting on my HD though. :) Have some shots anyway:

A few maps for AMC TC, one of them is already finished more or less, it's a short one (if all goes according to plan this should be in Episode 2)
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is the start of the next map in my episode (so this is a sequel to Outpost X).. I'm gonna have to restructure the area a bit though. I want to fill up the sidewalk but the house is in the way.. and it's next to a shopping mall and a bar, with roads on every side, doesn't really make much sense to have a house there.
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   d3drocks 

Duke Music 3D Project :)
its coming along nicely.

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Screenshots from new version of sonic 3D demo.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCage, on Jun 15 2009, 07:45 AM, said:

image 1
image 2

Love those Shadow Warrior styled fireballs.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postzykov eddy, on Jun 16 2009, 05:42 AM, said:

Why don't you tell the people here on this forum about the demo and give them the link, everyone seems to enjoy it on AMC.

It should go down well I think.

User is offline   Mia Max 

Still working on my castle map since january :)

I hope I can finish it before next Duke Plus release.

Posted Image

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

View Postzykov eddy, on Jun 15 2009, 10:42 AM, said:

More levels?
Neeeeeeeat!

Eddy, this TC is supergreat!

Edit: You should definitely post it here somehow.

This post has been edited by chicken: 15 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

I\'m working on a Fusion high-res polymer pack - I already released the maps with polymer lights at AMC, but I\'m importing all the original textures used in the game from their original games.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by James: 15 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

User is offline   zykov eddy 

View Postchicken, on Jun 15 2009, 01:56 PM, said:

More levels?
Neeeeeeeat!

Eddy, this TC is supergreat!

Edit: You should definitely post it here somehow.

Thanks, but I want to fix bugs and add models first, then i will post new version.

P.S download older version here

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 15 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options