Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 270 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Yatta 

  • Pizza Lawyer
  • 217

  #31

I'm doing another Polymer teaser.

I love Duke4.net. It's one of my life's proudest accomplishments. I'm proud of the community we have built here and the beautiful work that comes out of it every day. I'm proud of the friends I've made here and the kind people who made all of this possible with their hard work, donations, and participation. Thank you.
-1

User is offline   Timian 

  • 0

#32

www.comegetsomemod.webs.com

This post has been edited by Timian: 15 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

0

User is offline   Todd 

  • 7

#33

I thought, for the fun of it, I'd make an episode, some new textures, models, sounds, and all. Of course, not being an expert in all of these (or really, any?) I can't get it to look "polished", but expect the effect to be pretty good, and the game play to be good. When will I have it finished? when it's done, of course. I have 3 levels 90% complete, 3 levels around 40% complete, and 3 at <10% complete, and just like with DNF, I keep going back and redoing stuff (models, textures, sounds from scratch, and editing maps, not restarting them from scratch). I put in a good 10-15 minutes a day on the task ;) on average, skipping some days, a few hours sometimes when I get the inspiration. It's been several months now since I started with the (90% complete) Grand Central Station opening level--probably still many months to go. Currently focusing on Brooklyn Bridge (hey, I can get you a good deal on it... ;) )

I've found it a good way to learn: Blender, Gimp, Sibelius, and CON scripting.
0

User is offline   Sebastian 

  • 59

#34

 Mia Max, on Jun 15 2009, 12:11 PM, said:

Still working on my castle map since january ;)

I hope I can finish it before next Duke Plus release.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hats off to you!

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 17 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 5,506

  #35

I'm working on my addon HRPs, my website (DukeBeta in particular), and a bunch of other contributions to the wiki and such.
0

User is offline   Sobek 

  • There's coffee in that nebula!
  • 7

#36

 Todd, on Jun 18 2009, 07:26 AM, said:

I thought, for the fun of it, I'd make an episode, some new textures, models, sounds, and all. Of course, not being an expert in all of these (or really, any?) I can't get it to look "polished", but expect the effect to be pretty good, and the game play to be good. When will I have it finished? when it's done, of course. I have 3 levels 90% complete, 3 levels around 40% complete, and 3 at <10% complete, and just like with DNF, I keep going back and redoing stuff (models, textures, sounds from scratch, and editing maps, not restarting them from scratch). I put in a good 10-15 minutes a day on the task ;) on average, skipping some days, a few hours sometimes when I get the inspiration. It's been several months now since I started with the (90% complete) Grand Central Station opening level--probably still many months to go. Currently focusing on Brooklyn Bridge (hey, I can get you a good deal on it... ;) )

I've found it a good way to learn: Blender, Gimp, Sibelius, and CON scripting.


Stop mirroring my current situation you bastard! ;)
0

User is offline   Daedolon 

  • Ancient Blood God
  • 866

#37

Storyline for one of my mods and the presentation of it.

Lunick: I can't believe you can pre-order Duke Nukem 3D in 2016
0

User is offline   WedgeBob 

  • 6

#38

Now that I got Mapster to cooperate without crashing, I'm now in the planning stages of Duke Nukem: Enterprise. Right now, I'm working on a test DukeMatch map that takes place in a Klingon Death Arena (you've probably seen those, where they hold rituals for executions). I'm recreating that, and so far, I believe it looks good on paper at least. Might start breaking ground tonight to see how well it goes. I'm not shutting the solo player out, tho, I'll definitely give you a boss creature to fight with in the arena, and it'll certainly be a treasure gem once I figure out how well it works.

From Earth, up to Mars City...then to Phobos, then Deimos, down to Hell, then back to Earth again...all in a life of a space marine.
0

User is online   Spiker 

  • 256

#39

 WedgeBob, on Jun 20 2009, 05:22 PM, said:

Now that I got Mapster to cooperate without crashing, I'm now in the planning stages of Duke Nukem: Enterprise. Right now, I'm working on a test DukeMatch map that takes place in a Klingon Death Arena (you've probably seen those, where they hold rituals for executions). I'm recreating that, and so far, I believe it looks good on paper at least. Might start breaking ground tonight to see how well it goes. I'm not shutting the solo player out, tho, I'll definitely give you a boss creature to fight with in the arena, and it'll certainly be a treasure gem once I figure out how well it works.



Dude, you're awesome! Can't wait! ;)

Looks like those alien bastards drank all my beer.
0

User is offline   Thedutchjelle 

  • 8

#40

I had an awesome map I was working on. It's an abadoned office building. It's my best map yet, took extra care in the lightning department. Only monster placement remains.

I've been working on it over a year, and now i'm halted by my own hate/love of the slimer. I want them in my map but I hate to playtest the map with them in ;) So I kinda delay my map release lol.
0

User is offline   pmw 

  • 233

#41

Hi,

I'm making a new episode what includes seven (7) maps.

Maps are like from "real life", famous buildings / places from Tampere Finland.

Here's a few screenshots:

Map 7 in build: Posted Image


Map 5 in game: Posted Image
Posted Image

Also I like to make some "nice" cars to my Episode:

Posted Image
Posted Image


But this project is freezed, due this: http://forums.duke4....?showtopic=1113

This post has been edited by pmw: 20 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...
  • 1,234

#42

And we told you that you will need to start a new map unless you want to modify the con's and include hub maps (think Half Life 1)

The limits of Eduke32 can not be increased any more, instead of using so many walls in the next map try do use other things in there place like sprites.

Posted Image
0

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Duke4 Thot Patrol
  • 3,839

#43

Looks like an early Roch map.
0

User is offline   pmw 

  • 233

#44

 The Commander, on Jun 20 2009, 11:16 PM, said:

And we told you that you will need to start a new map unless you want to modify the con's and include hub maps (think Half Life 1)

The limits of Eduke32 can not be increased any more, instead of using so many walls in the next map try do use other things in there place like sprites.


Why the limits of Eduke32 can not be increased any more? I think this project will be frozen for a long time or I just quit from this, if I can't continue with one map, sad but true.

Little offtopic, but I'm just curious, if Eduke raised limits so much, why it is impossible to increase more from 16384?

For me, this case sounds like "wall array table" is getting too big. But 16384? What's that? Like, 32767 or 65535 sounds more standard for overflow.



Just asking.
0

User is offline   William Gee 

  • 77

#45

You should of planned the map to work within the current eduke32 limits. If you cant finish the level without more, then delete some parts of the level, or remove unnecessary walls to get more stuff, and complete it within the area you have made.

It was already possible to build giant levels within the original duke3d limits, and now with these new extended eduke32 limits you should have no problem,


This post has been edited by William Gee: 20 June 2009 - 03:19 PM

0

User is offline   Mateos 

  • 11

#46

I wait for Hendricks's threads about his HRPs projects to propose some textures like snwo or sand.

I'm also working on The Gate HRP, but I'm really far to end it : I have to study modeling (Done), texturing (If you know good tutorial, in french if possible ^^), maphacks making (Will use links of NightFright from 3DRealms thread), and skyboxes (PiterPlus know how make them no ?).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
0

User is offline   Sangman 

  • 484

#47

Well pmw I like how it looks. Of course, the brown road looks a bit weird because we're all used to seeing that grey road texture but I think it'll end up giving your map a nice, unique look - so I'd say keep them! (though to compensate you might want to make the building textures have a colour that contrasts more with the brown road.. a different sky texture could be in order as well, try something red?)

traB pu kciP

This post has been edited by Sangman: 22 June 2009 - 04:24 AM

0

User is offline   chicken 

  • Fashionable Modeler
  • 93

#48

Mateos, if you're using Blender:
http://www.katsbits.com/htm/tutorials/blen...environment.htm
0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...
  • 1,234

#49

Attempting my very first model for DTA, the cars I'm using at the moment look nothing like there GTA 1 counter parts.

Posted Image
GTA 1 Taxi

Posted Image
My attempt so far, im no good at creating textures so I don't have decent looking sides/back/front.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by The Commander: 22 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

0

User is offline   HellFire 

  • 20

#50

Just make them more blurry and it will fit well ;)

Amon Amarth - Live For The Kill | Disturbed - Torn | In Flames - Dead Eternity | Scar Symmetry - Deviate From The Norm | Throwdown - Godspeed
nDuke developer - nduke.dukenukem.com.br | www.dukenukem.com.br
0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...
  • 1,234

#51

View PostHellFire, on Jun 23 2009, 05:28 AM, said:

Just make them more blurry and it will fit well ;)


lol, that could work. Plus they don't need to be highly detailed or anything as well.

Posted Image
0

User is offline   Sangman 

  • 484

#52

That's actually quite neat. ;)

traB pu kciP
0

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Duke4 Thot Patrol
  • 3,839

#53

Just a heads up, Commander. (inb4 WIP) You haven't modeled the "TAXI" sign thing on top of the car. You probably already know, but whatever. Nice to see you modeling your own stuff so it fits better. Maybe you could model your own dashboards and stuff so the First Person driving looks better.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 22 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

0

User is offline   Lord Misfit 

  • 43

#54

Useless NR crap I've recently been working on. >.>

Posted Image

Yay me. <.<

http://naferia.duke4.net/ - Naferia's Reign: Invasion of the Dark Mistress (For Duke Nukem 3D w/ EDuke32) Version: 5.22.12242012 (stable) & https://github.com/LordMisfit/NR-IotDM for newer version off GitHub.
http://misfittechstudios.duke4.net/Misfits/ - The Misfits Fanfiction: Series 1
Version 5.23 will be released sometime after: ?
0

User is offline   Mblackwell 

  • Evil Overlord
  • 803

#55

View Postpmw, on Jun 20 2009, 03:22 PM, said:

Why the limits of Eduke32 can not be increased any more? I think this project will be frozen for a long time or I just quit from this, if I can't continue with one map, sad but true.

Little offtopic, but I'm just curious, if Eduke raised limits so much, why it is impossible to increase more from 16384?

For me, this case sounds like "wall array table" is getting too big. But 16384? What's that? Like, 32767 or 65535 sounds more standard for overflow.



Just asking.


Seriously, do a con edit and use the HUB system and it will make your life a lot easier. You can then have multiple maps and make it seem to the player like a single map. My suggestion would be to do this with interiors: simply cut them out of your current map (although leave the main entrances/hallways), paste them into a new map. Then just transition between them. DeeperThought's example should show you how to build the transition.

Because of the way EDuke32 (and Duke in general) works, variables in the code have a specific sized array they can manage. They max out at a value of 16384. This can't be changed without recoding... well... everything. So it won't be done. Use HUBs.

Music: The Rejected Applications (listen now)
EDuke32 || EDuke32 Wiki || Latest EDuke32 Snapshots
I'm getting too old for this shit...

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 22 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

0

User is offline   oakman 

  • 4

#56

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 22 2009, 11:23 AM, said:

Attempting my very first model for DTA, the cars I'm using at the moment look nothing like there GTA 1 counter parts.

Posted Image
My attempt so far, im no good at creating textures so I don't have decent looking sides/back/front.


Well at least its a chevy! ;)
0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...
  • 1,234

#57

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jun 23 2009, 07:13 AM, said:

Just a heads up, Commander. (inb4 WIP) You haven't modeled the "TAXI" sign thing on top of the car. You probably already know, but whatever. Nice to see you modeling your own stuff so it fits better. Maybe you could model your own dashboards and stuff so the First Person driving looks better.

Yup, i know bout the taxi sign. I was actually thinking about removing the first person view from cars altogether and making it go straight to third person when you get in a car. Though I will keep first person for one mission I was thinking of.

View Postoakman, on Jun 23 2009, 12:39 PM, said:

Well at least its a chevy! ;)

Its meant to be a 1988 Plymouth Caravelle. Just using that front as something temporary.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by The Commander: 22 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

0

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Duke4 Thot Patrol
  • 3,839

#58

I've started work on a brand new gibs system for my mod. The old ones are redone from scratch, as well as some new ones. I just gotta figure out how to put it all together so it runs in game. While testing, I came upon the most awesome weapon in the world:

Posted Image
0

User is offline   zykov eddy 

  • 887

#59

My stuff.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image


This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 26 June 2009 - 10:04 AM
Reason for edit: repaired broken links

0

User is offline   chicken 

  • Fashionable Modeler
  • 93

#60

View Postzykov eddy, on Jun 26 2009, 07:08 AM, said:

My stuff.

I can only repeat myself: Supercool!

Eddy, how far are you with this mod?
0

Share this topic:


  • 270 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options