Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 24 May 2020 - 11:37 AM, said:

We have some pretty detailed plans for babe-rescuing already, and I think you will like what we came up with.

Groovy!

Also when I mentioned I'd like to see some cool new designs from Bombshell, if possible it would be awesome to see all her concept art from previous DNF builds to make it into AA.
At one point one of her designs had her being a soldier and stripper at the same time, I'd like to see the possibilities explored with that outfit.

Also for the love of god, add that damn Whip in her load out, it's remained consistent with a lot of her DNF designs.

Funnily enough, one of my first mods was Duke Nukem Arena back in 2006, and it had that exact feature. I used a sprite from the game of a naked babe stuck to an alien pole as the flag, which the players would carry on their back if they had the flag. The pole without the babe was the flag stand. In many ways it was that mod that I was remaking with the gladiator matches in AA, although AA is vastly superior in almost every way. Unfortunately I don't have any surviving gameplay footage of DNA, the only video that exists on the web was made by someone else and doesn't show CTF (or much of anything). And I don't want to go through the pain of making it run properly on modern eduke32.

You could make it work really well in AA.

In DNF they just stood in place, but maybe in AA you could have them running around all scared if they are dropped, causing players to hunt them down.

Hell you could even add a babe version of those "king of the hill" style matches, by having teams go out into the battlefield fight for babes, bring them back to the zones and the babes dance for points.
The more babes you find and bring back, the more points you get.
Endless possibilities with Babe themed matches!!

User is offline   Jim 

Are there any people mapping for AA? The CTF shows that there are a lot of monsters not utilized by the random replacement mechanic. If would get good if we get true single player maps using these monsters.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJim, on 24 June 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

Are there any people mapping for AA?

A few, but there's only a couple of maps being worked on at the moment.

View PostJim, on 24 June 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

The CTF shows that there are a lot of monsters not utilized by the random replacement mechanic. If would get good if we get true single player maps using these monsters.

If you play randomized after beating Gladiator, you will see that several of them do appear. But not all, that's true. With maps that were not made for AA, every monster replacement has to be swapped in for one of the vanilla ones. The niches and threat levels of the old monsters versus the new monsters just don't match up very well. So, some were left out of the randomizer because there wasn't a good way to include them on short notice without ruining the experience.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Shouldn't Alien Armageddon get it's own subforum considering it's one of the hottest mods right now with planned future expansions?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostxMobilemux, on 28 June 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

Shouldn't Alien Armageddon get it's own subforum considering it's one of the hottest mods right now with planned future expansions?

We have a Discord server and a non-expiring invite to it is posted on our Mod DB page: https://discord.com/invite/JUypdU6

Even AMC only averages about 1 forum post per day, I'm not sure a subforum for AA needs to exist.

User is offline   Sanek 

Icarus made a video about Space Gladiators:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's a fair and accurate review. He didn't like the faux multiplayer arena gameplay very much, but the gameplay footage and his summary give a good impression nonetheless.

User is offline   minime637 

hey can you add Brutal Doom like upgrade to duke and Bombshell so we can see aliens rip and tear apart because he and she hates then all in the all episodes except space gladiators episode

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

So you want a glory kill system like in Doom 2016/Eternal?

EDIT: watch out if you say "Br___l Doom" around here, it's likely to get you downvoted.

This post has been edited by Danukem: 10 September 2020 - 05:32 PM

User is offline   king karl 

i'm enjoying the new gladiator episode but one thing that bugs me is that the bodies disappear. sure its how a normal multiplayer match would work but that's only because it has to be that way in modern games. It would be nice if they stuck around

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

In the bigger matches where there is a lot going on, having the bodies stay could lead to performance issues and excess clutter. Even in smaller matches, bodies piling up in certain spots could make items difficult to see. An explosive going off near a pile of bodies could cause a lag spike with all the jibs and blood spawning at once.

So, essentially they were coded to disappear for the same reasons its a standard practice in multiplayer games. :)

User is offline   king karl 

hey what do i do after i beat the castle mission that's like a last stand? i can buy perks now but i don't know what to do with them

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postking karl, on 02 October 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

hey what do i do after i beat the castle mission that's like a last stand? i can buy perks now but i don't know what to do with them

Deanova should congratulate you and tell you to escape from the complex. She appears in the place she normally does. The escape route starts in the prison -- go to the cell that has the hidden door that you visited earlier when you got one of the data crystals. There is an elevator in that area that will exit the map.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Mmm, sexy! Have the player sprites been updated too (compared to the latest released version)?

View PostMrFlibble, on 02 January 2021 - 04:16 AM, said:

Mmm, sexy! Have the player sprites been updated too (compared to the latest released version)?

Yes. Bombshell has a completely new look. The older 3d model was notoriously hard to work with and I didn't really like the way it looked. After refining my art process all these years I gave her a second shot after finding a suitable model. And this next release will include a proper updated normal Duke skin as default.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

The new version is very sweet.

Any chances for an alternate monokini swimsuit for her though? Like a more stern, professional look.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Here's another little video showing some progress. Today, we see the Quad Barrel upgrade. It can be purchased for either Duke or Bombshell, and it works with whatever version and upgrades they have for their devastators.

I remember i've already seen a Quad Barrel Devastator, but can't remember in which mod (old experiments of yours maybe?), not with that colour and upgrades obviously.

It looks resfreshing to add/change colours sometimes.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 05 January 2021 - 02:12 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

It reminds me of War of Attrition where if you got the akimbo upgrade the second Devastator would just poke out from the top of the screen.

I thought it was hilarious.

Just saw some screenshots marked AA 4.0 on the Moddb page. Any indicator of a future release?

They're planning to release a new update for Duke 3D's 25th birthday in April.

GREAT :D Something to look forward too in April

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

https://www.moddb.co...pcoming-release

User is offline   Phredreeke 

New NPCs and details have been added to previously released episodes, including the originals from 1996.

Does that mean Ep 1-4 will be available in updated form like DC and Caribbean?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPhredreeke, on 30 March 2021 - 04:59 PM, said:

Does that mean Ep 1-4 will be available in updated form like DC and Caribbean?

You will notice a few cosmetic changes to the maps, but nothing major. Mostly changed posters and added NPCs, but sebabdukeboss20 would be able to say more about that. The refurbishing on DC and VACA was much more extensive. However, the changes to enemies are universal and apply to the old episodes as well, so that will be a big change when playing them.

I only did minor changes to the vanilla levels. Mostly decorative since I made several new furniture pieces over the years. A few weapon upgrade placements in secret areas. I did however overhaul the look of the stadium though cause I really hated how lazy that last level looked. That's about the most extensive edit from the vanilla episodes.

Since the AA DC soundtrack is being replaced with the modern one, I want to ask before it becomes too distant to recall. It might even be already, but: what was the song used for Dread October? I really want to track down the original.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 01 April 2021 - 08:01 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostNinety-Six, on 01 April 2021 - 08:00 PM, said:

Since the AA DC soundtrack is being replaced with the modern one, I want to ask before it becomes too distant to recall. It might even be already, but: what was the song used for Dread October? I really want to track down the original.

from 1997?
wouldn't that be the track for E3L8?
not sure if the tracks remained in order or not

if you want nightfrights track list:
https://www.youtube....x5eCwK6MfZJG48p

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 April 2021 - 11:07 PM

View PostForge, on 01 April 2021 - 10:57 PM, said:

from 1997?
wouldn't that be the track for E3L8?
not sure if the tracks remained in order or not

if you want nightfrights track list:
https://www.youtube....x5eCwK6MfZJG48p

Not the one from '97, because yes that would have been the normal E3L8 song.

I'm also not talking about Nightfright's, since that's what's going in there with the update.

In the older versions of AA, a custom soundtrack was provided for the episode. It was partially based on Nightfright's original music pack, before he commissioned an original soundtrack from Jimmy, but it wasn't 1:1 to what was in that original pack. Several changes were made, and L8 was one of them.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 01 April 2021 - 11:28 PM

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options