Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

this one?

Attached File  dreadoctober.zip (10.21K)
Number of downloads: 249

i don't know where dan or sebab got it from

User is online   Ninety-Six 

Yep that's exactly the one. Of course I expect it was some midi site like vgmusic, but I hoping to find the source for the melody itself before it was gone. I remember opening the file up to check for metadata but there wasn't any.

User is offline   Aleks 

View PostNinety-Six, on 02 April 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

Yep that's exactly the one. Of course I expect it was some midi site like vgmusic, but I hoping to find the source for the melody itself before it was gone. I remember opening the file up to check for metadata but there wasn't any.

Have you tried one of those sites where you can "tap" a melody of a song and it gives you some titles that would fit it? Slight chance it's popular enough to be added in such a database, but who knows, I did have a couple of successful tries like this in the past, so who knows.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'll be doing a live stream of the new Alien Armageddon at 9pm PST (in about 3 hours from this post). A lot of content has been added or changed since last version, so please tune in if you are interested and I will be happy to answer any questions.

Here is a non-expiring invite to our discord: https://discord.gg/JUypdU6

Here is my YT channel where you will be able to find the stream, and also past streams: https://www.youtube....NWaFi3cjH6v3WSg

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Going live now!

User is offline   Scarred 

Really awesome work you guys have done. im looking forward to 4.0.

I was just playing DC Alien Armageddon, and got to the end, so does this ALSO lead into the Space Gladiators episode?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

My understanding the chronological order is Life's a Beach -> New Invasion -> D.C. -> Gladiators

View PostPhredreeke, on 14 April 2021 - 09:45 AM, said:

My understanding the chronological order is Life's a Beach -> New Invasion -> D.C. -> Gladiators

That makes sense

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That's correct, in AA canon Life's a Beach is the vacation Duke goes on after the original episodes. Then some years later, New Invasion is the new invasion, and if you follow the cutscenes DC is after that, then they are taken from Earth and Gladiators happens.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

The question remains where Penthouse Paradise fits in the timeline

User is online   Ninety-Six 

View PostDanukem, on 14 April 2021 - 10:36 AM, said:

Then some years later, New Invasion is the new invasion,

I thought it was only a few months later, going by the calendars

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 14 April 2021 - 11:35 AM, said:

I thought it was only a few months later, going by the calendars

Nah its years in between, the calendar sprite just had a placeholder date on it. Its being changed to 20XX now.

From the narrative in space gladiators (Deanova's speech about her brother, Cycloid Jr getting revenge for his dad) its pretty clear there is a big gap in time between the original invasion and the new invasion, but it's not very explicit.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

https://www.moddb.co...ddon-40-release

The release of AA 4.0 happens in 12 hours. Snooper has made an amazing general purpose trailer for our mod which is featured in the release article linked above. For the AA team, the timing of this release is our tribute to the 25th anniversary of Duke Nukem 3D.

User is offline   stumppy84 

Awesome mod! I like all of the additions, including attrition!

User is offline   max_nukem 

Thanks, guys. This mod makes my evening!

I'll never understand how you guys are able to accomplish such freaking-sick-crazy stuff, looks like you have no limits!

I can say congrats and nice job, but it may sound repetitive, so i want just say WOW and thanks for the big efforts!

Noticed something, if you wanna give a look:

Spoiler

And many thanks again!

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 18 April 2021 - 04:54 AM

https://forums.duke4...55446_thumb.png
I see what you did here :lol:

OK just played the Caribbean level so far, cos it's my favourite, lots that I liked but seriously..... what in the HELL was up with those red, superpower enemies that glowed green underneath?! Not gonna lie, it kinda ruined it for me :angry:

The money/upgrades thing was interesting. Didn't pay much attention TBH but that's because I'm a guy who likes to keep things simple.

I'll definitely be playing the other episodes though.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0096.png

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

What soundfont would you guys recommend for AA?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postdarkprince227, on 18 April 2021 - 06:20 AM, said:

OK just played the Caribbean level so far, cos it's my favourite, lots that I liked but seriously..... what in the HELL was up with those red, superpower enemies that glowed green underneath?! Not gonna lie, it kinda ruined it for me :angry:

The money/upgrades thing was interesting. Didn't pay much attention TBH but that's because I'm a guy who likes to keep things simple.

For you I recommend turning off the progression features since it sounds like you don't like them. In the scripts folder, open the file AAUSER.CON in a text editor, and near the top where it says "gamevar PROGRESSION YES 0" change it to "gamevar PROGRESSION NO 0" The progression features will still be there in the Attrition campaign, but otherwise they will be off.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Battlelord, on 18 April 2021 - 04:48 AM, said:

I'll never understand how you guys are able to accomplish such freaking-sick-crazy stuff, looks like you have no limits!

I can say congrats and nice job, but it may sound repetitive, so i want just say WOW and thanks for the big efforts!

Noticed something, if you wanna give a look:

Spoiler

And many thanks again!

It looks like there is a bug where you get a discount for playing solo, but the discount isn't showing up in the displayed price. I'm not sure yet, though. The arrow cam on the spy arrows is correct and their damage increases over distance.

View PostDanukem, on 18 April 2021 - 10:14 AM, said:

For you I recommend turning off the progression features since it sounds like you don't like them. In the scripts folder, open the file AAUSER.CON in a text editor, and near the top where it says "gamevar PROGRESSION YES 0" change it to "gamevar PROGRESSION NO 0" The progression features will still be there in the Attrition campaign, but otherwise they will be off.

Ah, much better :D No offence to whoever thought it up, but it's just not for me, personally. Thanks for the tip, mate.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

This is gotta be my new favourite Build engine game poster :) (taking the title from Fat Earth Society)
Attached Image: duke0002.png

View PostMrFlibble, on 18 April 2021 - 01:23 PM, said:

This is gotta be my new favourite Build engine game poster :) (taking the title from Fat Earth Society)
Attachment duke0002.png

Be sure to look at it in nightvision too.

Love the THEY LIVE posers, RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper, we'll always miss you.

One question though, why the different Lunar Apocalypse posters? The one in the classic episodes is the usual.....
Attached Image: duke0140.png
But then there's this variant in DC Metro Mayhem....
Attached Image: duke0141.png

is it supposed to be like that? I also love the Cyberella poster, but that's cos I'm a big Disney fan. Soon as the conditions are right, I'm planning to return to Orlando

View Postdarkprince227, on 19 April 2021 - 05:45 AM, said:

Love the THEY LIVE posers, RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper, we'll always miss you.

One question though, why the different Lunar Apocalypse posters? The one in the classic episodes is the usual.....
Attachment duke0140.png
Attachment duke0141.png

is it supposed to be like that? I also love the Cyberella poster, but that's cos I'm a big Disney fan. Soon as the conditions are right, I'm planning to return to Orlando

The DC version is my own variant (which may change in the future more). DC maps we have changed heavily since they are part of the AA story. Generally I only slightly modified the vanilla maps to have a few more new decorations. I didn't want to change them too much though.

View Postdarkprince227, on 19 April 2021 - 05:45 AM, said:

Attachment duke0140.png
Attachment duke0141.png
is it supposed to be like that?

We fixed a bug in the movie set level recently due to the posters, that Big Lunar Apocalypse was a ugly mix of both posters so the code got modified not to change wall textures and only sprites I think.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 19 April 2021 - 10:08 AM, said:

The DC version is my own variant (which may change in the future more). DC maps we have changed heavily since they are part of the AA story. Generally I only slightly modified the vanilla maps to have a few more new decorations. I didn't want to change them too much though.

Makes sense, sometimes it's good to stick with what you know

So after playing around with the new modes in classic levels, I decided to check out New Invasion. So you added a Bombshell introductory level, which is probably a neat idea, but I have to say that the EDF base level is quite an underwhelming experience when compared to the original first level of the TC with Duke in the pool, which is now level two.

I get it that the map author aimed for a more or less realistic depiction of a base complex, but in some places there are a little too many repetitive areas (bathroom-barracks-vent-closet) so it felt almost like a chore. The individual room design and texturing also feels rather simplistic and underdetailed at times. In general, I'd say that the map quite pales in comparison with a simialr-themed level from the original game, namely E4L1. And it doesn't help either that the music is Kevin Schilder's Winnowing Hall from Hexen, as opposed to what I believe is an original piece paying homage to classic Lee Jackson that plays in the now-second level of the episode. Oh, and that alarm klaxon is straight annoying.

The original starting level was/is a great way to introduce the mod and is full of new and different stuff; I'm afraid that the new EDF level is not a definite improvement in that area. I'm sorry if the above sounds a bit harsh; but I tried not to be biased here and to tell my impression as accurately as possible, in the hopes that it comes across as constructive criticism.

This post has been edited by MrFlibble: 20 April 2021 - 09:23 AM

I was wondering, any plans to release hi-res character art and/or renders? Bombshell especially got a very high quality update of both sprites and cutscene appearance, but I believe that all new non-vanilla monsters, save for the Space Gladiators additions, were updated for this release as well?

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options