Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 55 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

View PostSucker Punch, on 14 August 2021 - 06:19 AM, said:

Thanks for pointing it out. Not really a Discord user so could not find that FAQ about Nuclear Winter. Well, nobody expects to be added/redone tons of content within days or weeks or months. We are have work, family, lack of enthusiasm etc.

I see DN: AA as analogue of Brutal Doom for Doom 1-2 series, and in case of AA, it would be cool to see someday revamped/remastered versions of other "official" D3ND content. Rework of Duke it out in DC was great. I considered it worst mission pack for DN3D ever, but right now its quiet good. I would love to see the same work for restoring Nuclear Winter to its glory.

Btw, we are all waiting for new single player content in AA)

Worst mission pack for DN3D ever? Have you played Duke! Zone 2, X-treme, Nuclear Winter? Duke It Out in DC is ok, but compare to the "expansion" i've mentioned is the greatest addon ever :lol:

User is offline   Salvation 

I downloaded this yesterday at moddb.com and installed. When starting eduke32 i first receive windows smart screen -warning -> i disable it. Then, a new attempt but it won't start claiming that i do not have admin rights and f-safe anti-virus blocks it. My OS is Win10 and i do have admin rights.

Could the issue be on my anti-virus?

User is offline   Kralex 

View PostSucker Punch, on 14 August 2021 - 06:19 AM, said:

I considered it worst mission pack for DN3D ever, but right now its quiet good.

Really? I see it as loud good, personally.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The original Duke it Out in DC didn't have much new art or anything else that was new to the game, and the level design wasn't groundbreaking either. However, the levels were well made and they followed a logical progression and had good immersion. For those reasons its still a better episode than some of the other official ones -- for example I prefer it to vanilla episode 4.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

DC is still my favorite expansion, and also my favorite official episode, personally. Even in its vanilla form. AA's version is a great re-interpretation as well. I like how it depicts a full-scale war in the nation's capital, with EDF soldiers everywhere and aliens dropping from the sky.

It's also hard as balls but with Dan at the helm that's to be expected. Not that I'm complaining. Far from. The sharp difficulty increase ensures there's never a dull moment.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostDanukem, on 16 August 2021 - 12:19 PM, said:

The original Duke it Out in DC didn't have much new art or anything else that was new to the game, and the level design wasn't groundbreaking either. However, the levels were well made and they followed a logical progression

except for the yellow key card placement and some of the spaghetti pathing (especially after the blue key was used) in Smithsonian

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 August 2021 - 07:02 AM

Share this topic:

• 55 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options