Duke4.net Forums: Vehicle for Jurassic Park TC ! - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vehicle for Jurassic Park TC !

User is offline   ReaperMan 

This TC looks really cool, but i have one question, are you going to put a tranquilliser gun in the game to make the harmless dinos go to sleep or are you just going to kill every dino that gets pissed at you?

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

ReaperMan, on May 25 2009, 12:15 PM, said:

This TC looks really cool, but i have one question, are you going to put a tranquilliser gun in the game to make the harmless dinos go to sleep or are you just going to kill every dino that gets pissed at you?

The T-rex, for example, could not be killed easily, too big and faster than men ... So much of the gameplay with the t-rex will be playing the discretion or (yes there will be a trank gun), or else simply try to escape, if you can :) .

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

T-Rex walking animation !

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OkqNQ4TSUkc

Your so awesome. :) Love the footsteps!

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Muelsa, on Jun 3 2009, 01:08 AM, said:

T-Rex walking animation !

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OkqNQ4TSUkc

Looks very good!
The animation is great, very smooth. :)

Can't wait to play the mod! :D

User is offline   Hellbound 

Now you have to find out how to make him not go through the trees :)

Animation itself is allright, feet could work better, but it's still pretty good.

What software do you use?

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

Love the way the ground is shaking when he walks

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

Hellbound, on Jun 3 2009, 03:26 AM, said:

What software do you use?

misfit model 3d, very good to edit and animate md3

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Clearly something is wrong with the AI. You shouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with a T-Rex. :)

That looks quite good. I am really impressed with the smoothness of the animation and I love the variety. It doesn't look like a loop as much as it probably is.
How many frames are you using for these animations? You had to have created a ton of dummytiles while wiping out the main game tiles.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

Mr.Flibble, on Jun 3 2009, 06:20 AM, said:

Clearly something is wrong with the AI. You shouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with a T-Rex. :)

lool it's my friend for now :D

Mr.Flibble, on Jun 3 2009, 06:20 AM, said:

That looks quite good. I am really impressed with the smoothness of the animation and I love the variety. It doesn't look like a loop as much as it probably is.
How many frames are you using for these animations? You had to have created a ton of dummytiles while wiping out the main game tiles.

320 frames for now :D , It's not only one big animation. There is 10 frames per animation : left foot and right foot animations are separated... he can walk and randomly look left/right randomly standing/walking/growling ... soon, if everything goes well, he hunts, eats, fights...

User is offline   Sangman 

Looks really cool. Maybe one flaw is that the T-Rex stops rather abruptly. I guess the clipping is a flaw as well but I can't say that it bothers me very much.

View PostMuelsa, on Jun 3 2009, 07:19 AM, said:

It's not only one big animation. There is 10 frames per animation : left foot and right foot animations are separated... he can walk and randomly look left/right randomly standing/walking/growling ... soon, if everything goes well, he hunts, eats, fights...

:):):D

MAN, I want YOU as a coder for my project!!!

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostHellbound, on Jun 3 2009, 10:27 AM, said:

:):D:)

MAN, I want YOU as a coder for my project!!!

:D I have already a lot of work with my project ... and I think it will last long because it is very ambitious, and in addition, I am alone on the project :D

Have you ever asked for help? :)

I can help you, especially with main character animation, because it's quite low-quality (if you're able to export md3's from Maya or 3dstudio or anything that can import fbx format because that's what I can export from Motionbuilder).

I can provide some additional modelling support.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostHellbound, on Jun 4 2009, 04:23 AM, said:

Have you ever asked for help? :)

I can help you, especially with main character animation, because it's quite low-quality (if you're able to export md3's from Maya or 3dstudio or anything that can import fbx format because that's what I can export from Motionbuilder).

I can provide some additional modelling support.

if I give you some models, you can try to animate it ? after the export is not a problem. can you export frame by frame in any format with Motionbuilder ?

which would be good, that a person who has the courage to continue the map ...

User is offline   Geoffrey 

Looks awesome, but everything sure is getting shiny :)

For the sake of it needing to be said if it hasn't already, make sure to do atleast weekly and multiple backups so you don't lose any progress should the possible (and probably inevitable) HD crash happens. god knows you wouldn't want to lose ANY work on something like this.

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 06 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

This video shows the playable raptor this is not final version . I must fix some bugs. Humans at end not have an AI for now ;) .

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=etyBJK5kWqI

That is so awesome, So you get to play as the raptor? or is this just to showcase it?

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostWilliam Gee, on Jul 13 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

That is so awesome, So you get to play as the raptor? or is this just to showcase it?

You can chose if you want play as raptor or as human the final goal will be to play species against species, or coop game.. something as Alien vs Predator game.

This post has been edited by Muelsa: 13 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

User is offline   Sebastian 

I just mapped out an entire map in my head after the first few seconds of that video that takes place almost completely indoor similar to the surroundings which is seen at the end of Lost World. I think if you make the attacks of the Velociraptor as it has the humans pinned to the ground semi-automatic (he jabs at the humans at each click with the mouse instead at the end of each animation) it would make for some much more brutal but satisfying customary kills. Also, as a homage to Jurassic Park 3, have the option to pin down a human, then lock down the man's head with your jaws and snap their neck with it for quick kills.

The animations are absolutely amazing (that goes without saying I guess!), if you're looking to turn into somewhat of a multiplayer mod, then I'd be willing to help you out with designing some maps and game modes. I'd be honoured to work with you!

User is offline   BlackDays 

That was my dream when I first started modding Duke when I was 10. A damn vehicle (also a flashlight, but I made one of those yesterday.) Nice work!

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That's the best animation ever done for a Duke 3D mod, including the HRP. And the models look like they are touching each other with no clipping problems.

User is offline   Sangman 

Amazing. The only negative thing I can think of is that because of how this all looks fantastic and unbelievable, little flaws may stand out more (hopefully not too much) in the end..

User is offline   Gambini 

Incredible work, you seem to be one step forward than any other duke thing.

User is offline   Geoffrey 

That looks fantastic.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Nice! Looks like that took alot of time and hard work to get it as far as you have.

this just looks awesome!, good work!

best thing i have ever seen done for the duke nukem engine which was made way back in 1996, a few years ago i would have never believed that it could handle something like this.

also I'm quite surprised with the levels and the amount of detail and the switch from night to day can't wait to see more.

and again good work!

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

I thank you for all your comments it makes me feel after all this work, and you encourage me to continue it ;)

User is offline   Spiker 

Damn Dude you're really talented! Your modelling and coding skills are top notch. I wonder what is your secret ;)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options