Duke4.net Forums: Vehicle for Jurassic Park TC ! - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vehicle for Jurassic Park TC !

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

The first vehicle for the jurassic park TC !!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6jrv-bLuLPE

Soon : car impact, damage, stunt, and 3 seats for passenger

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMuelsa, on May 16 2009, 10:58 PM, said:

The first vehicle for the jurassic park TC !!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6jrv-bLuLPE

Soon : car impact, damage, stunt, and 3 seats for passenger

Posted Image

Well that's easily the best vehicle ever made for EDuke32. It's great how you have the wheels turning and changing angles on the model, too. The physics look great, and I'm sure you'll make it even more impressive.

If I had gone to that much trouble for the vehicle, I would be tempted to make a racing mod as a spinoff of the main project. :P

EDIT: Excellent camera work, too. Of course, it helps that it's all outdoors and you don't have to worry too much about the camera going behind walls and whatnot.

Don't be surprised if Commander starts begging you for the vehicle code :P .

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 16 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Pretty damn impressive.

User is offline   Geoffrey 

Oh come on! I love how you always make sure the effects you add aren't just dukecommunity-impressive but that they work as smooth as if from any random modern game. Great video!

User is offline   Sangman 

Looks really great! and yeah what DT said about commander crossed my mind as well lol

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Very impressive!
Must have taken a while to code.
Im going to enjoy playing through this TC when it's released! :P

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Meh, Two years ago this guy didn't even know how to add a model into Eduke32. :P :P
I think DT has competition now. "code wise"

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View Postzchri9, on May 17 2009, 03:41 AM, said:

Must have taken a while to code.

LOL, yeah the hardest to do was to ensure that the model of player follow the model of the car at the same time. I do not know exactly how, but I managed. but the log tells me errors :

Line 610, getactor: tried to get xvel on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 611, getactor: tried to get yvel on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 612, getactor: tried to get zvel on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 516, getactor: tried to get x on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearspriteELECLIP
Line 517, getactor: tried to get y on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearspriteELECLIP
Line 518, getactor: tried to get z on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearspriteELECLIP
Line 605, getactor: tried to get sectnum on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 606, getactor: tried to get ang on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 607, getactor: tried to get x on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 608, getactor: tried to get y on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 609, getactor: tried to get z on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 610, getactor: tried to get xvel on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 611, getactor: tried to get yvel on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 612, getactor: tried to get zvel on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearvehiclejeep
Line 516, getactor: tried to get x on invalid target sprite (-1) from spr 3384 pic 1405 gv nearspriteELECLIP

Too many errors. Logging errors stopped.

anyway it works :P

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

This is the most amazing vehicle I've seen in a Build game. It is PERFECT. I cant wait to see the stunt physics.

• el fundador

It doesn't count as working until those errors go away dude. Your code is broken.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostTX, on May 17 2009, 12:47 PM, said:

It doesn't count as working until those errors go away dude. Your code is broken.

I have solved the problem, log is now clean.
When i finished with this car, I thought to add a bike for Duke :P

User is offline   Thndr 

And after the bike, try making a boat.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

Future duke bike ?

Posted Image

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostTX, on May 17 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

hey man, if it doesn't crash, it works. :P

Nice that you fixed those errors. I really like how this mod is shaping up. This looks really cool.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

After the bike and boat, how about a plane? Or a horse? :P

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 18 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

Wow nice bike! Yeah I don't mind seeing new vehicles ........ or animals that Duke can use :P

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Yeah I'm very impressed by that. Obviously there is a problem with sprites/models clipping through the bottom if the interior of the jeep model but you can't really help that, you could do that in HL2 in the dunebuggy.

The attention to detail with the model (having the driver look behind himself) is really nice. I really wish I could model!

Also, how do you people take such clear video? There needs to be a guide on how to make good looking youtubes because mine always suck the fat one.

User is offline   Spiker 

This bike should be used in some mods for sure! Imagine jumping from some ramps on the roofs, running over the aliens and many many other cool things.

• el fundador

View Postmsleeper, on May 19 2009, 12:30 AM, said:

The attention to detail with the model (having the driver look behind himself) is really nice.
I think I saw some reverse lights, too.

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

haha! That is so bad ass.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostSpiker, on May 18 2009, 11:36 PM, said:

Imagine jumping from some ramps on the roofs,

I realy like your idea, i think remake e1l1 map and adding roofs at the begin.

View PostHendricks266, on May 18 2009, 05:19 PM, said:

After the bike and boat, how about a plane? Or a horse? :P

To make a plane, there is a problem, a plane will fly high and fast in a large map ... Eduke bug and fps rate go down when the distances to display is too far...

first pic, ok........... second pic, flight limit altitude.............. third pic bug and 2 fps............. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i have used the maximum space to make my map ; Grid limits
editorgridextent = 512000 lol 15 minutes to get from one side to another

Posted Image

I still have much to add to the map ...

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

How about a heli? Flies slower... Or a flying saurus? :P
I would really like to see something like that because i really got into the skycar of DukePlus lately...
Maybe you could edit the maximum flying height somehow.

Another question:
Does the entire game take place in several parts of this huge map or will there be more maps?

This post has been edited by chicken: 19 May 2009 - 03:52 AM

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View Postchicken, on May 19 2009, 03:23 AM, said:

How about a heli? Flies slower... Or a flying saurus? :P
I would really like to see something like that because i really got into the skycar of DukePlus lately...
Maybe you could edit the maximum flying height somehow.

flying saurus it's ready :P
Posted Image

I would add no helicopter or plane because it is not funny and frustrating not being able to fly over the mountains. For against, I thought adding helicopters uncontrolled like fly in WoW to get the player at a specific location. Or, a controled hang glider or paraglider , which starts at the top of a mountain which prevents the player from taking too much altitude but remaining fun

View Postchicken, on May 19 2009, 03:23 AM, said:

Another question:
Does the entire game take place in several parts of this huge map or will there be more maps?

For now 2 episodes (Isla nublar park location) and (Isla Sorna siteB) with 3 map per episode

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

Have you considered making the grass invisible when within a certain distance of the player to avoid the clipping? Looking forward to seeing this go up hills. :P

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostUsurper, on May 19 2009, 08:04 AM, said:

Have you considered making the grass invisible when within a certain distance of the player to avoid the clipping? Looking forward to seeing this go up hills. :P

All sprite/actor in this mod become invisible when player is too far.

moreover, it would be good if it is done automatically in Eduke & Mapster.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

You sound like your running into frame rate issues like I am at times with my mod. :P

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostThe Commander, on May 19 2009, 10:30 AM, said:

You sound like your running into frame rate issues like I am at times with my mod. :P

I make sure that it does not decrease less than 25fps. In my map I separate the game in many areas, they can never see 2 large areas at the same time , but still leaving a passage from one area to another. but what helps a lot for the fps is this small code. it simply make invisible the sprite at the desired distance, without it, the fps are killed. with this i can add a lot of trees palm grass...

useractor notenemy GRASS 

findplayer playerdist 

ifvarl playerdist 50000
{
setvar grasscstat 64
setactor[THISACTOR].cstat grasscstat
}

else

{
setvar grasscstat 32768           // make grass invisible if player distance are greater than 50000
setactor[THISACTOR].cstat grasscstat
}

the disadvantage is that it works only during the game and not in mapster which makes construction more difficult and slow without a very good pc

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMuelsa, on May 19 2009, 10:15 AM, said:

moreover, it would be good if it is done automatically in Eduke & Mapster.

I'm not so sure about that. Some models/sprites are important and should not disappear at any distance. I know at least one user map where there are some giant models in the distance and it would ruin the experience if they disappeared.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

This is mighty impressive!

One of the only upcoming mods to be watched when it comes to EDuke32 stuff. Please keep us updated!

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostDeeperThought, on May 19 2009, 10:59 AM, said:

I'm not so sure about that. Some models/sprites are important and should not disappear at any distance. I know at least one user map where there are some giant models in the distance and it would ruin the experience if they disappeared.

yes but we would need to adjust the distance at which you want to make sprite invisible ...or set the sprite allways visible.. in my mod you will never see the sprite disappear because it is already too far away and hidden by the fog. Until the map is not fully enlightened nobody will be close enough to see it disappear, Anyway it could be useful for mapster.

Or fade out gradually with level shading.. ? like some games

This post has been edited by Muelsa: 19 May 2009 - 11:26 AM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options