• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vehicle for Jurassic Park TC !

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostSpiker, on Jul 14 2009, 12:44 PM, said:

Damn Dude you're really talented! Your modelling and coding skills are top notch. I wonder what is your secret ;)

I almost give up more than once, but I am very stubborn.

View PostSpiker, on Jul 14 2009, 03:44 PM, said:

Damn Dude you're really talented! Your modelling and coding skills are top notch. I wonder what is your secret ;)

I wonder that as well!, let's cut his head open with an axe and suck on his brains and obtain his sweet sweet talent.... ;) it's just a suggestion though ;)

i wish i could contribute to this project in some way but my skills are very limited and I'm not at all familiar with the model format which has been decided for eduke32, therefore i would only be a liability far as i can see. ;)

and to Muelsa.
any way glad to hear that our comments keep you going Muelsa i hope this mod never dies, and i can't wait to play it i love dinosaur related fps games / mods! (what few there actually are anyway)

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View Poststaffcarguy, on Jul 14 2009, 01:07 PM, said:

I wonder that as well!, let's cut his head open with an axe and suck on his brains and obtain his sweet sweet talent.... ;) it's just a suggestion though ;)

OMG! ;)

View Poststaffcarguy, on Jul 14 2009, 01:07 PM, said:

i wish i could contribute to this project in some way but my skills are very limited and I'm not at all familiar with the model format which has been decided for eduke32, therefore i would only be a liability far as i can see. ;)

For all those who wish to contribute, you can post here your ideas, models3d (even if it's not md3), your maps ... just about anything that could help advance the mod. Everything But no Arms please, in fact I work on a system completely different from the original game and I have already defined the weapons that are included in mod...

User is offline   Sangman 

Muelsa, do you happen to work/have worked in "the industry" as an animator? Or are you unemployed? I ask because what I'm seeing there must take a lot of skill or a lot of time (or both).

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostSangman, on Jul 14 2009, 03:51 PM, said:

Muelsa, do you happen to work/have worked in "the industry" as an animator? Or are you unemployed? I ask because what I'm seeing there must take a lot of skill or a lot of time (or both).

No i never worked in industry as animator (this would be great), for now I'm secretary...
but at the end of next week I will be unemployed I will have time to continue my mod

User is offline   Sangman 

Yeah or you could use that time to look for work and have money and stuff. I guess you're young and still live with your parents like me ;)

User is offline   Devon 

Been watching this mod for a while now and i gotta say the updates and especially the videos posted on youtube are extremely impressive i cant imagine what will happen now that the polymer is in the game and these awsome coders are behind it.

The future sure is bright for Duke 3D these days.

Great work m8! ;)

User is offline   Jukno Kim 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

...simply awesome dude!

View PostMuelsa, on Jul 14 2009, 01:32 PM, said:

For all those who wish to contribute, you can post here your ideas, models3d (even if it's not md3), your maps ... just about anything that could help advance the mod....

Is there a "Things Needed" List?
Brachiosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Compy
Velociraptor
T-Rex

S.U.V.
Jeep
Motorcycle

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

yeah :blink: , Dilophosaurus and Ankylosaurus

User is offline   escapist 

I have this (see thumbnail)
if you need it...unless you already have one :blink:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: jpcar.jpg

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View Postescapist, on Jul 18 2009, 12:52 PM, said:

I have this (see thumbnail)
if you need it...unless you already have one :blink:

fantastic ! you make me save a lot of time with this one

HERE you go...
'glad to be of assistance :blink:

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  jpcar.zip (672.12K)
    Number of downloads: 202

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View Postescapist, on Jul 18 2009, 10:02 PM, said:

HERE you go...
'glad to be of assistance :blink:

Thank you very much, this model is really great :D

View PostMuelsa, on Jul 19 2009, 02:19 AM, said:

Thank you very much, this model is really great :blink:

glad you liked it but I've got one more thing for you.
It's the "spitter". not quite done, though. (I know I won't be able to texture it)
Just hoping you'll find some use for it

Attached File(s)

User is offline   skitey 

yaaay!!! thumbs up for dilophosaur^^

for dinosaurs, don't forget:

triceratops
stegosaurus
Gallimimus

User is offline   Jukno Kim 

ah yesss! Running with the Gallimimuses (or is it Gallimimi?)
one of my most favorite scenes.. :blink:

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

How is it going? It's been over a month since we've heard anything new about this fantastic looking TC.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostDeeperThought, on Aug 28 2009, 11:17 PM, said:

How is it going? It's been over a month since we've heard anything new about this fantastic looking TC.

yes, I do a lot of things these days, holidays, outings, I'm doing a little break ... but I started working there 2 days there will soon be a small update :blink: .

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

This is a preview of the gameplay with weapon in the game, fps view is provisory, I try to ensure that we can see the body in first person view...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KfgnedKtN4g

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMuelsa, on Sep 21 2009, 03:29 PM, said:

This is a preview of the gameplay with weapon in the game, fps view is provisory, I try to ensure that we can see the body in first person view...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KfgnedKtN4g

What you have done with this game engine is amazing, as usual. Am I correct in thinking that you have made his arms into separate actors from the body? I suggest making the body invisible in first person view, because right now you can see parts of the model from the inside.

The camera views of the player are nice, but it doesn't seem like a practical way to play the game.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

That is some nice (albeit, primitive) FBA right there.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostDeeperThought, on Sep 21 2009, 02:37 PM, said:

What you have done with this game engine is amazing, as usual. Am I correct in thinking that you have made his arms into separate actors from the body? I suggest making the body invisible in first person view, because right now you can see parts of the model from the inside.

The camera views of the player are nice, but it doesn't seem like a practical way to play the game.

thank you very much :o , it took me a while to find a correct solution ... yes actors are separated and some body parts are hided with skins.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Fucking awesome. I don't know how you had the time or patience to rig that up, but "mad props" to you, as usual, again.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Christ you have too much time on your hands. Effects like that take a hell of a lot of effort. Oh well, at least we get to be the beneficiaries of your insanity. :o

User is offline   Gambini 

This mod is certainly revolutionary.

Have you tried how polymer runs with this? the only weak point i can think of is the flat lighting

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostGambini, on Sep 21 2009, 03:36 PM, said:

This mod is certainly revolutionary.

Have you tried how polymer runs with this? the only weak point i can think of is the flat lighting

I have problems with somes angles and offset with polymer ... lighting work good

View PostMblackwell, on Sep 21 2009, 03:32 PM, said:

Christ you have too much time on your hands. Effects like that take a hell of a lot of effort. Oh well, at least we get to be the beneficiaries of your insanity. :o

LOL ;) 2 weekend to make one weapon and is not finished ... and 2 weeks to think about consider how to do that

User is offline   Stabs 

cool shit, very immersive

i approve 100%

User is offline   Hellbound 

That's some of very good work! I'm impressed! The bad thing is that it's very visible that hands are sometimes misalligned with rest of the body. IMO the best solution would be having whole upper body separated instead of hands and head only. Animation process should be as easy as it was for hands and whole character would look like a one piece again.

Anyway, that's something new and very devastating. All hails to you!

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostHellbound, on Sep 22 2009, 12:47 AM, said:

................ The bad thing is that it's very visible that hands are sometimes misalligned with rest of the body. IMO the best solution would be having whole upper body separated instead of hands and head only. Animation process should be as easy as it was for hands and whole character would look like a one piece again.

You're right, thin.. I thought of that ... but this requires more work, many changes to the model3d

User is offline   Hellbound 

Yes, but the effect would be much better I think.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options