Duke4.net Forums: HRP Issues Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HRP Issues Thread  "Post your HRP Problems/Issues here"

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostSTENDEC, on May 21 2009, 10:31 PM, said:

I seem to be having a problem with the Hi-res music. It keeps playing the MIDI versions and not the OGGs. I used the HRP 4.0 installer. I'm on Vista x64 (for once I DON'T think this is the problem) and as I said I'm using the latest version of the HRP installer (the EXE not the ZIP version).

Sounds like you don't have OpenAL installed. Download it here.

http://connect.creat...ads/oalinst.zip

User is offline   STENDEC 

View PostThe Commander, on May 21 2009, 08:45 PM, said:

Sounds like you don't have OpenAL installed. Download it here.

http://connect.creat...ads/oalinst.zip

Just tried installing it now. Didn't restart - didn't work. Restarted - still didn't work.
So I don't think its OpenAL.

They still do a spastic little dance when in sprite mode they would be stationary. Also, dead monsters sometimes like to re-die in front of me, especially if I reload.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Is eduke32_mus.zip in your autoload/duke3d.grp folder? Is it getting loaded as eduke32 starts? Check your eduke32.log file.

User is offline   The Coach 

I have a huge problem here. I downloaded the HRP v4 release and it installed and copied duke3d grp files all fine. So i set it up on fullscreen 1280x1024 rez, and start it. Then it whines about unknown OpenGL driver and switches to software. To add to that it doesn't use the HRP at all... not the music, not the models, not the textures. It's just vanilla duke in software mode. It doesn't matter which cutom game content directory i choose (none/autoload/DukePlus). It just REFUSES to work.

I'm running:
Core 2 Duo E8200 @ 3ghz
2 Gigs of 800mhz DDR2 ram
Sapphire Radeon HD 3870
Windows Seven Ultimate 64bit Release Candidate (Build 7100, most likely final build of Seven)
Latest drivers fro the vidcard too.

Seven has not yet given me any problems with games whatsoever so what the heck is going on here?

User is offline   tommy81 

View PostMblackwell, on May 14 2009, 07:58 PM, said:

Erm.... the first suggestion should have worked. If it didn't then that means you have broken GRP or a broken EXE. Or just a broken computer. Or it means you didn't actually follow my directions and test Duke3D with only the required files and none of the HRP/Duke Plus files or any other mods.

I have a similar problem. I recently downloaded and installed the hrp. When I launch the game the screen is completly grey with only sound. I followed the instructions you gave the other guy. I created a new folder and put the duke3d GRP file in it. Then I took the launch application from the eduke32 and stuck it in there with it. (am I on the right track so far?) I clicked on the launch and it started the little thing that choose the video mode. I selected the lowest 8 bit one there was. It started fine in classic 8 bit mode. I took the cfg file from the new folder it had just created and swapped it with the one in the eduke32 folder. It stared fine in the classic 8 bit mode like the other one did. However, when I try to raise it to 32 bit, it goes back to solid grey. This sucks. Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem would be awsome. I play other games like hitman and far cry with little problems. Why is this one too hardcore for my computer? I'm running a vaio with vista on it. shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Thanks

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

@The Coach:
Update your video drivers. Of course, using Windows 7 might not help you here since it may or may not have OpenGL support.

@tommy81:
Also, try updating your drivers. Are you using an ATI card by chance?

User is offline   The Coach 

View PostMr.Flibble, on May 29 2009, 03:30 PM, said:

@The Coach:
Update your video drivers. Of course, using Windows 7 might not help you here since it may or may not have OpenGL support.

@tommy81:

Catalyst is an arse... Aparently all these times it "installed" the drivers it actually didn't even touch the driver. I managed to install the drivers correctly and it works now but i have some more problems. 32Bit with HRP lags as hell no matter what settings i choose and 16bit makes some textures appear distorted. Sound also is very grainy and it really makes it hard to play the game with sound.

And using Windows 7 is generally better than using Vista that should be quite obvious.

View PostMr.Flibble, on May 29 2009, 05:30 AM, said:

@The Coach:

@tommy81:

No, I don't believe it's an ATI card. It's a Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family. I tried updating the drivers for it, but it nearly messed up my computer. I had to do a system restore in safe mode just to get windows to load. I don't know what the hell happened. I just followed the installation wizards instructions. My computer went to a blue screen that said something, but I didn't have time to read it before it automatically shut down. I fired it back up and than something called winSAT.exe popped up in a command prompt. It was there for about 30 sec and then windows tried to load but it couldn't. That's when I did a system restore in safe mode. Now my computer works again. So I guess I'm out of options unless someone knows what happened and how to remedy it. Thanks

Intel cards are black listed and won't work with Polymost (32bit)
You need to use the " -forcegl " command to get around that, if it still does not work then your out of luck and you will be stuck with 8bit unless you can buy a new video card.

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 1 2009, 09:10 PM, said:

Intel cards are black listed and won't work with Polymost (32bit)
You need to use the " -forcegl " command to get around that, if it still does not work then your out of luck and you will be stuck with 8bit unless you can buy a new video card.

How does one use the forcegl command? Where exactly do I type that?

User is offline   supergoofy 

View Posttommy81, on Jun 4 2009, 12:12 AM, said:

How does one use the forcegl command? Where exactly do I type that?

for example:

From Start ---> Run ---> C:\Games\Duke3D\eduke32 -forcegl

User is offline   Delekhan 

Hi I used the HRP installer and I continue to have the problem of it going to a black and then to a grey screen then crashing to desktop. I've tryed running a clean version even 8-bit and still it doesn't work I'm not sure what to do other then post my log.

Log

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Delekhan: 06 June 2009 - 08:37 AM

Seems to be crashing out when it's initializing the music.
Try reinstalling OpenAL and taking the "eduke32_mus.zip" out of the auto load folder temporally and see if it works then.

I reinstalled OpenAL and removed the eduke32_mus.zip and still have the same problem. I have even tried running eduke32 with just a clean vanilla install of DN3D: Atomic Edition and still does the same thing. I'm not sure what the problem is other then it continues to crash while loading the music.

I just re looked at your log and it says your OS is Win 98,

Now I'm not 100% sure if Eduke32 can run correctly on Win98, I would need someone else to confirm this.

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 6 2009, 12:24 PM, said:

I just re looked at your log and it says your OS is Win 98,

Now I'm not 100% sure if Eduke32 can run correctly on Win98, I would need someone else to confirm this.

Actually I'm on XP service pack 3 I didn't realize when I took the log it was after I was messing around with program compatibility to see if it would work or not since it wasn't working in XP. Hence why I loaded the second log with me using XP with no compatibility though that didn't seem to change anything in the log.

This post has been edited by Delekhan: 06 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

User is offline   Piano Man 

OK... Quick question....

How do I get Mapster to render the textures in their highest quality? When I build a level in Mapster the textures look pretty horrid (like their half size of the HRP textures) instead of their full scale... Here's an example - when you look at the Pigs Recon car in build - the models textures look pretty naff compared to the skin file in Highres...

In Build you should be able to see the teeth on the car more defined, and the turret holes where you shoot....

So no one knows how to fix this??? Surely there's a line or command in a text file I gotta change or something...

Can anyone help me???

Here what my friend Nukey did:
He went through all the .def files and added the line "nodownsize" to keep the textures from becoming blurry.

This problem is fixed in newer SVN builds

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 25 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

Does adding the line

GLTextureQuality = 0

to the mapster32.cfg work?

GLTextureQuality = 0 will not work with mapster

at least not in the last official snapshot

View Postsupergoofy, on Jun 26 2009, 05:22 AM, said:

GLTextureQuality = 0 will not work with mapster

at least not in the last official snapshot

Yeah... I tried that as well... no luck.

User is offline   luuvmuffen 

Ditto on the grey Screen crash problem.

Here is the eduke32.log

EDuke32 1.5.0devel 20090313
addsearchpath(): Added C:/Program Files (x86)/GOG.com/duke3d/
Checking for updates...
Connecting to http://eduke32.sourceforge.net
Current version is 20090313... no updates available
Loading opengl32.dll
Loading glu32.dll
Initializing DirectDraw...
Using config file 'eduke32.cfg'.
Scanning for GRP files...
Using group file 'duke3d.grp' as main group file.
Using group file 'autoload/duke3d.grp/duke3d_hrp.zip'.
Using group file 'autoload/duke3d.grp/eduke32_mus.zip'.
Using group file 'autoload/duke3d.grp/maphacks.zip'.
Compiling: GAME.CON (151190 bytes)
Including: DEFS.CON (35992 bytes)
Including: USER.CON (45482 bytes)
GAME.CON: In actor `ORGANTIC':
GAME.CON:3968: warning: found `else' with no `if'.
GAME.CON: In state `pigshootenemystate':
GAME.CON:5891: warning: found `else' with no `if'.
Found 2 warning(s), 0 error(s).
Resizing code buffer to 16187*4 bytes
Script compiled in 7ms
Compiled code size: 16179*4 bytes, version 1.4+
Pointer bitmap size: 2024 bytes
1917/11264 labels, 308/2048 variables
125/16384 quotes, 0 quote redefinitions
0/88 event definitions, 207 defined actors
Initialized 32.0M cache
Definitions file 'duke3d.def' loaded.
RTS file DUKE.RTS was not found
Initializing OSD...
Using keyboard layout 00000409
Initializing DirectInput...
- Enumerating attached input devices
* MOUSE: Mouse
* KEYBOARD: Keyboard
Setting video mode 1280x1024 (32-bit windowed)
OpenGL Information:
Version: 3.0.0
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTX 280/PCI/SSE2
Cache contains 0 bytes of garbage data
Initializing music...
Loading OpenAL32.DLL

combing through the board I found things to do but nothing has worked....any help would be welcome ;)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

What happens if you remove OpenAL.DLL ? The game will run without OpenAL, it just won't be able to play ogg sounds and music.

EDIT: Yes, it turns out I had an outdated copy of duke3d_hrp.zip

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 11 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

User is offline   lycanox 

When adding a new model. Is it possible to display it smaller and rotate it in the def language?

I tried using the scale command to correct the size. But all it seems to do is increase the size of the model.
Even when I use negative values.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You don't use negative values. You use decimals. If you want half the model's size, use "scale 0.5".

Unfortunately, there is no angle adjustment. There should be.

Thanks.

I also managed to fix the angle with con code.

User is offline   Piterplus 

You may rotate each particular model with maphack

I tried to define various animal models to player items (A bird to jet pack and a dolphin to scuba gear etc.
So I doubt that would work properly.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options