Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

The big difference to Duke!Zone is that these levels and episodes aren't used without review and improvements to make them work better.

DZ was shovelware, they didn't even bother checking map quality. Besides that, I am trying to contact authors for permissions. Shovelware releases were ignoring that aspect completely.

Also, the selection isn't random. While one could say that it's subjective since I decide what's in the pack, I have put many entries on demand, even some I personally don't like. And with 1.100 levels, it's clear that not every addon has the same quality. It's an archive of some sort, also targeting people who wouldn't manage to set up these files manually.

Feel free to question the purpose of this project. I never demanded that everyone needs to like or use it. A simple reason for its existance is maybe that "This Is For The Players" ™. :P

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

I don't know if it's a bug or intentional but is it normal that in Zombie Crisis we have illimited ammo for the pistol and chainsaw ?

I tried dnstuff to see the other weapons but none display and they have limited ammo, only the pistol and Chainsaw have illimited ammo so I'm wondering >_>
Basically the Pistol has 99 ammo and unless I keep Quick Kick while firing it never goes down and when it does it goes back up to 99 after 97 or 96, as for the Chainsaw it had 25 when I picked it up but went directly to 99 upon use.

• The Truth is in here

Yes, you are supposed to shoot zombies with unlimited ammo. It's also mentioned in the readme. :P I dunno why there is still an ammo display, but it's better not to ask such philosophical questions... xD

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 June 2016 - 11:26 PM

User is offline   Polunka 

Sorry for maybe being a bit too rude and demanding, but was my report ignored? NF, please, send a message in if you hear me. Well, its not like im trying to gain attention, just to ensure whether the problem is known or not, and whether its being fixed or not.
P.S.: Sorry once again for asking some attention. Wouldn't like this situation to evolve to the degree like the one with FistMarine :P

This post has been edited by Polunka: 01 July 2016 - 12:09 AM

• The Truth is in here

I am not working on the addon pack for now. I am on vacation and unable to check anything. Before the end of this month, don't count on any further feedback from me.

Visual glitches do not require my immediate attention, anyway. No showstoppers. As long as you can play it, it's ok.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 July 2016 - 12:28 AM

View PostNightFright, on 01 July 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

I am not working on the addon pack for now. I am on vacation and unable to check anything. Before the end of this month, don't count on any further feedback from me.

Visual glitches do not require my immediate attention, anyway. No showstoppers. As long as you can play it, it's ok.

OK, sorry for bothering ya, I forgot you warned everyone about your vacation in some post. Well, I'd say you deserve some rest after the work you did on your compilation :P

User is offline   supergoofy 

Enjoy your vacation and many thanks for the great pack. :P

User is online   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostFistMarine, on 01 July 2016 - 02:36 AM, said:

As long as you don't mention the incident with me, it will be fine. Just don't do the same mistake as I did by continuing to make constant requests or pointless bug reports. At least I managed to make a very useful last-minute bug report 2 days ago, so at least I contributed with something. I didn't get credited though but you did get credited for providing ART files for Total Apocalypse episode, so you should be thankful. And no, I'm not complaining or something, I don't want to start another argument. :D

OK, if it touches ya, I'll take note. Well, I'm not any proud of myself :P so I don't really need any crediting. Tbh I didn't even know I'd been credited for providing those :) It's just about helping people with no anticipation for a reward, in this case it's about helping NF improve the compilation, since it's not just him, it's also for everyone who ever wills to use it.

edit

The Mudlelizer from Oblivion is broken :/

Normally it when you hit yourself you become invincible but instead you get shrunk and will never grow again even when using Steroids

Even Dukeplus/Attrition compatibility it's sorta broken, all the addons that worked perfectly with standard "-g \addons\custom.grp" + "custom game content directory" formula in 1.0 and 2.0 compilation now generate errors and/or don't show the correct episodes (dunno if even affect the addons that need episode/DEFS.CON/USER.CON replacement in DUKEPLUS.CON to run properly, I will check). Did you make a change in particular into .CON's of ALL the addons that may caused this in 3.0?

Excellent work, it gets better and better over time. Any chance to include Vixens, Predator TC, Duke Meets Doom and Duke In Black TC in next release?

This post has been edited by Blood Vengeance: 02 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostBlood Vengeance, on 02 July 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

Excellent work, it gets better and better over time. Any chance to include Vixens, Predator TC, Duke Meets Doom and Duke In Black TC in next release?

I already suggested DIB but FistMarine considers it wouldn't be worth it just because it got 2 on RTCM while I'd say the quality of DIB is superior to certain add-ons in the compilation but it's their choice >_>
I can still play DIB but I can't make it work on EDuke so I got to use an old JFDuke build with game crashing mirrors and crispy sounds

edit

User is offline   supergoofy 

I will suggest you all to use eduke32 build 20160610-5775 (either the official binaries, either LeoD's non-SDL binaries)

Avoid builds r5805 and probably r5804. I had bad experience with build r5805 (something is broken).

When you report bugs, make sure that you use build r5775.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 02 July 2016 - 10:25 PM

View PostFistMarine, on 02 July 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

Well, I don't mind if these TCs with 2/5 rating get added in next version but like I said, it's up to NF to decide which addons get included and which don't. After all, some TCs got unfairly rated at RTCM, such as Last Reaction & Water Bases that got rated 1/5 just because first levels were too dark and too hard, so I don't always rely on what rating do some mods get. Anyway there are a couple of other TCs that I want to be included in the next version as well but at this moment, I think it's best to wait a few weeks until we make suggestions for more addons to be added. Like I said, I don't mind if addons Duke in Black, Duke Meets Doom and other TCs will ever get added but I wouldn't count on that. The only good thing is from what I remember, I suggested a lot of addons/TCs (that weren't initially in version 1.0) and eventually they got added in versions 2.0 and 3.0. It's just a matter of time when NF will get back working on this compilation but right now he is in vacation, so I think we should leave him for now. We can still make suggestions and when he will return, he might consider some of these addons/TCs for next version.

Indeed as we said it's the choice of NF since it's his project, BTW sorry if I sounded slanderous when mentioning you and my first suggestion of DIB ^^

Despite what I said the choice is still very solid and there are mods that I definitely expected to be in like WGR, BNW and others ...

BTW I'd suggest PYP if it's not already in !

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostFistMarine, on 03 July 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

No worries man. :P

And for mods, when NF originally started the compilation, he added the best and most popular mods out there. Then he went for the lesser known stuff, which is still good but there are some addons in this compilation that are just average but I don't mind their inclusion.

For PYP, you mean this one? http://www.dukertcm....ur-prayers.html
If yes, then I also wanted to suggest this one along with Murder: The EDF Conspiracy and a couple of others that didn't make in.

Yes that's the one I was thinking about ^^
And I've always liked the idea of using lesser known things, for instance in aircrafts (my #1 center of interest) my favorites are that are not known to the common mortals if you see what I mean. EDF Conspiracy ... isn't that the one with the new Assault Rifle that replaces the default Pistol ?

edit

View PostFistMarine, on 03 July 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

I don't know about EDF Conspiracy since I never played that mod, along with many others (they are still on my TO PLAY list). But judging from RTCM page of that mod, I'd say it's probably that one.

Anyway here are all the addons/TCs I've played long ago (listed are only addons that are found in Addon Compilation 3.0):

Spoiler

Note that I haven't started to play anything from Addon Compilation Pack yet, all the addons/TCs I've played so far was the original released version of the respective addons, not the updated ones found in Addon Compilation Pack. In future I will reconsider to replay all the stuff I've played so far, this time using the version included in Addon Compilation and with killing all monsters and finding all secrets in each map/mod.

Yikes I see O_o
I haven't played even a quarter of those XD

BTW in Age of Evil is a small "problem" > the musics of E1L1 and a level of E2 are inverted, E1's music is supposed to be the "house of fun" thing and in V3 of the compilation it's "smoke on the water".
In-game I think it's "evil1.mid" (supposed to be "house of fun") and "evil14.mid" (supposed to be "Smoke on the water").
I'll have to use GRP studio to fix that :/

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 03 July 2016 - 09:09 AM

Kinda sad tho that NF has just left for his rest and is already getting a bunch of reports, some of which are important (like the muddlelizer bug in Oblivion and the same thing with some other addons, as said by FistMarine) :P

View PostPolunka, on 03 July 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

Kinda sad tho that NF has just left for his rest and is already getting a bunch of reports, some of which are important (like the muddlelizer bug in Oblivion and the same thing with some other addons, as said by FistMarine) :P

We all need some relaxation at some point, compiling all that stuff must have been tough work and we can already be glad to have a third version on the holidays, there's so many add-ons to check out I'm pretty sure most people will have been through everything when NF will return

edit

View PostFistMarine, on 03 July 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

And I thought I was the only one who didn't play most of the addons right here. I'm surprised no one said anything about the fact that I didn't play some popular stuff such as Age of Evil, The Gate, Platoon, Starship Troopers, WGRealms 2 and others. :)

And about the music inverted, maybe it happened because of the recent update with the conflicting music packs. NF had to rename some midis to avoid the conflict and he accidentally made some unwanted changes I believe. I am not sure because I haven't played Age of Evil yet but I saw some videos on YouTube about the TC, it's an interesting one that shouldn't be missed! I just hadn't time to play it, unfortunately. :D

Speaking of when NF will return, I wonder what he will say about all these reports and suggestions, considering he worked on a long time on this project and he is not happy when he hears about adding more addons. :P

I played all the ones you mentioned although I abandoned Platoon because of the City level (probably the last I suppose), I kept going arround in circles. I also played Zero Hour, Wolf Pack, Xartech, Age of Evil, Oblivion (only 1 level I never mannaged to beat (E5L1)), Infestation in Time, Imperium (not in the compilation), Imagination World (not in), Chronic, Outpost X, Space Mission, Duke Hard AND 25th Century.
As I said less than 1/4 of the compilation ^^

Age of Evil is good indeed, the level design is a bit simplistic in details but the gameplay and ambiance and the new character really makes up for it despite the simplistic details and some levels feeling a bit lengthy for what they are; it has "that little something" that makes it good ^_-

edit

• The Truth is in here

I am back. :P

After reviewing the bugreports posted so far, I have located and corrected the following issues:
> Age of Evil: Fixed wrong MIDI track assignments
> Last Reaction & Water Bases: Fixed missing level name on stats screen for "Great Stadium" (LAST10)
> Layre: Fixed 2 untextured walls + 1 ceiling sprite in CHAPTR1; fixed mirror issue in CHAPTR2

For now, my plan is to release a pure bugfix version at the end of August. It will NOT contain any new addons, just corrections of issues which are found until August 30 (deadline can be extended if needed). After this, I will focus on a new content release (ETA unknown).

Side note:
Right now, none of the Duke4.org download links are working on the HRP website (not only for the addon compilation, but any file in the download section). This happened due to a domain move and is reported. Hopefully the links will work again in the near future.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 July 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostNightFright, on 20 July 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

I am back. :P

After reviewing the bugreports posted so far, I have located and corrected the following issues:
> Age of Evil: Fixed wrong MIDI track assignments
> Last Reaction & Water Bases: Fixed missing level name on stats screen for "Great Stadium" (LAST10)
> Layre: Fixed 2 untextured walls + 1 ceiling sprite in CHAPTR1; fixed mirror issue in CHAPTR2

For now, my plan is to release a pure bugfix version at the end of August. It will NOT contain any new addons, just corrections of issues which are found until August 30 (deadline can be extended if needed). After this, I will focus on a new content release (ETA unknown).

Side note:
Right now, none of the Duke4.org download links are working on the HRP website (not only for the addon compilation, but any file in the download section). This happened due to a server move and is reported. Hopefully the links will work again in the near future.

Not bad! Well, I think I might contribute to the bugfix release, tho I don't really play Duke3D all that much *these days*, I've started what you may call a HalfLife-Doom-fest which consists of, as the name implies, playing various Doom1/2 wads and HL mods. For the almighty nostalgia! :)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 20 July 2016 - 03:01 AM

edit

User is offline   NNC 

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but ADG01 from ADG episode has a monitor screen with spanish words on it saying "acesso denegado" and such. The rest of Ale's maps have english words only. Is this a fix worthy thing to make levels more coherent?

Also the levels should be given some names instead of numbers, shouldn't they? Since Ale liked to call his maps after Metallica songs, map titles should be like this:

1. Hit the lights
2. Seek and destroy
3. Ride the lightning
4. Fade to black
5. Creeping death
:P

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options