Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostFistMarine, on 26 June 2016 - 03:48 AM, said:

Didn't have to be so rude and tell me to get a fucking life with your last PM reply. That was uncalled for. I deleted the PM and I will no longer make suggestions for the pack if that's what you want. All I wanted was some more minor changes for upcoming 3.0 regarding the renaming of some group files and crediting me because I also contributed with minor stuff such as pointing out the bug regarding those maps that start without weapons in map packs and the typo found in Leaving L.A. Do I ask too much?

Besides, there's some outdated information in the addons_readme.txt but I will let you find that for yourself. I'm out.

Pushy, annoying, AND demanding credit. You're the complete package.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, if I am asked to change file names like from "duke10.grp" to "duketen.grp" and other requests of the same category, I hope it's understandable that eventually also a patient guy like me loses it. Ofc I keep it to PM conversations and it's sad to see that private chat gets published like that. I am really trying to fulfill any wishes of you guys if it's possible and makes sense. However, if I keep getting texted by one guy all the time with trivial requests... eventually it's just a bit too much.

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 07:03 AM

• The Truth is in here

And there we go again, you publish the content of a private conversation in a public thread. I am looking for a fitting facepalm meme, but none is big enough...

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 07:03 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostNightFright, on 26 June 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

And there we go again, you publish the content of a private conversation in a public thread. I am looking for a fitting facepalm meme, but none is big enough...

I don't think there's a rule on the Internet about the secrecy of private messages on forums.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostFox, on 26 June 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

I don't think there's a rule on the Internet about the secrecy of private messages on forums.

It's called a Private message because it means that you want to discuss something with somebody in private; since English isn't your native language I'll let you know that it's generally assumed that what you're discussing shouldn't be discussed or brought outside of the PM. There's no rule to forbid it but it's considered the polite and considerate thing to do.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostJblade, on 26 June 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

It's called a Private message because it means that you want to discuss something with somebody in private; since English isn't your native language I'll let you know that it's generally assumed that what you're discussing shouldn't be discussed or brought outside of the PM. There's no rule to forbid it but it's considered the polite and considerate thing to do.

I'm impressed at how condescending your post is, and at the same time it just proves my point.

This post has been edited by Fox: 26 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Situation dictates.

If you're harassing someone via private message and you've felt you haven't gained sufficient douche-baggary, the only option left is to take it public in an attempt to acquire the platinum cup achievement award.

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 June 2016 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostFox, on 26 June 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

I'm impressed at how condescending your post is, and at the same time it just proves my point.

Well you didn't need to get involved, FistMarine shouldn't of tried to air dirty laundry here. He was in the wrong (but that's Ok! We all make faux pas sometimes, just maybe take the gist of it and leave NightFright alone) don't encourage people to start spreading the content of what is ostensibly supposed to be a private way to communicate.

If you personally don't have a problem with sharing the contents of PMs than that's fine but understand that it means people won't want to talk to you much.

Let's not let this drag the thread further off topic, I apologise if you found my post condescending but I don't think sharing private messaging should be encouraged.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 26 June 2016 - 10:35 AM

• The Truth is in here

I humbly apologize that this private conversation has been dragged into the spotlight. No hard feelings about what happened, but at least for me reporting a real problem with an addon (like crashes, visual issues or whatever) is a different thing than asking for a file rename or fixing a typo in an ingame message. It's not too hard to see the difference in urgency.

Somewhat returning back to topic, I am wrapping up the release this week to get it out of the door before leaving for a badly needed vacation on Friday. (Not really any sensational news, but it's at least closer to topic than what I had written previously.)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 07:06 AM

edit

• The Truth is in here

Beats me. I am not into con coding. If anybody can find the issue in chimera.con and fix it, feel free. Get the cons of LRWB and Chimera from the attachments below for analysis.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 29 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

edit

• The Truth is in here

As someone who sticks to his schedules, I am glad to announce that version 3.0 has just been released!

The Chimera fix made it in the last moment. Everything was uploaded already, but I decided to include this change anyway. Fox had provided the code already, guess I had forgotten to copy it last time. Thanks for this last-minute find!

User is offline   supergoofy 

Tip: do not use Eduke32 build 20160620-5805, it's very buggy

User is offline   Polunka 

View PostNightFright, on 29 June 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

As someone who sticks to his schedules, I am glad to announce that version 3.0 has just been released!

Hell yeah! :P

This post has been edited by Polunka: 30 June 2016 - 03:19 AM

View Postsupergoofy, on 30 June 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

Tip: do not use Eduke32 build 20160620-5805, it's very buggy

Oops! Seems I'm currently using it... Guess I gotta switch to another version :P

I used the 64bit binary of build 20160620-5805. Both in Attrition v1.72 and in Compilation pack v3.0 (played LR&WB), after I played for few minutes, the screen got messed up and my player got stuck (I couldn't see where to go).

In fact in LR&WB an Octabrain got stuck inside mirror (I was in the toilets of 1st level). I could see the Octabrain inside the mirror. Then, after I played a little more, I got the bug.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 30 June 2016 - 09:44 PM

• The Truth is in here

For Oblivion, you need to use at least r5775 or you will have a crash in E2L10 "Death Valley". Other addons should also work with older snapshots.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 June 2016 - 03:34 AM

for now I will use r5775

[edit 2016-7-2]

r5775 seems that is working fine, no major problems.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 02 July 2016 - 02:09 AM

Just finished Layre. Have found some bugs. Report time! :)
For the sake of convenience, I've made an automap screenshot for every glitch. Numbers of the attachments are read from left to right.

So, the first bug is about untextured walls (see attachments #1 and 2) with HOMs in the first map. I guess it's understandable without any explanations.

Secondly, a sprite of the brick tile (that brick used in the levels, I think the texture should be taken from Quake) floating in mid-air, also in the first map (see attachments #3 and 4). Like, not only does it have no purpose, but it also isn't stuck to any surface (since it's a wall texture).

The third bug is a glitchy mirror in the second map. Well, at first it seems like a normal mirror (attachment #5), but if you try to walk into it, you'll get stuck and see a HOM (attachment #6; hope I'm right about applying the HOM term to this glitch). Also, if you blow it up, you'll get a HOM as well (attachment #7). The automap shot is at attachment #8.

Well, that's all I've managed to find. I'm almost 100% sure I explored everything in the maps, so no more glitches should be encountered. All bugs were witnessed in every rendering mode. Polymer actually gets rid of HOMs by replacing them with pitch-black textures, but it doesn't disprove the fact textures are absent. Moreover, I highly doubt Polymer could be in author's mind in any form back in '96.

P.S.: Hope you'll comprehend what I've written. :P

P.P.S.: I ran this TC on r5804 which is pretty close to r5805, which, in turn, is potentially "very buggy" as suggested by supergoofy. This might actually lead to this report being a nonsense bullshish and me ultimately getting fucked.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0006.png
  • Attached Image: duke0007.png
  • Attached Image: duke0008.png
  • Attached Image: duke0009.png
  • Attached Image: duke0010.png
  • Attached Image: duke0011.png
  • Attached Image: duke0013.png
  • Attached Image: duke0014.png

This post has been edited by Polunka: 30 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostJblade, on 26 June 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

since English isn't your native language I'll let you know that it's generally assumed that what you're discussing shouldn't be discussed or brought outside of the PM.

View PostJblade, on 26 June 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

FistMarine shouldn't of tried to air dirty laundry here.

View PostJblade, on 26 June 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

shouldn't of tried

:P

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks for making such a useful post, I'm sure NightFright really appreciates your contribution to the thread.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostNightFright, on 29 June 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

Congrats and thanks for your hard work.

User is offline   LkMax 

Taking a quick look at this, with all due respect to NightFright (that he deserves for other reasons) but this seems to be basically a free version of Duke Zone. I doubt half of these 1.100 maps are of good quality (not DukeZone bad of course but not very good anyway). To each their own but I think it's a waste of time when people can download whatever map or addon they want on the repository.

View PostJblade, on 30 June 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

Thanks for making such a useful post, I'm sure NightFright really appreciates your contribution to the thread.

If you really cared about that, you would have ignored my post instead of adding another one to the "off-topic-ness".
Also, you're welcome. :P

View PostLkMax, on 30 June 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

Taking a quick look at this, with all due respect to NightFright (that he deserves for other reasons) but this seems to be basically a free version of Duke Zone. I doubt half of these 1.100 maps are of good quality (not DukeZone bad of course but not very good anyway). To each their own but I think it's a waste of time when people can download whatever map or addon they want on the repository.

Thats were I would disagree with you. Setting quality of these maps aside, having a single pack were I can download everything and it just works is fantastic. What would be nice if there was a map selection system inside of eduke32 were it would order maps by rank. That way one could figure out what maps are more likely to be good, but that doesn't mean the other maps should not be included in the pack.

As to him getting credit for compiling the pack, I don't understand the objections to this one. As long as he doesn't claim credit for the maps, he compiled the maps together, if he wants to credit himself for that work; I don't understand the problem. DukeZone! and the like the did the same thing back in the day.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 30 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

View Posticecoldduke, on 30 June 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

Thats were I would disagree with you. Setting quality of these maps aside, having a single pack were I can download everything and it just works is fantastic.

But you still have to sort through the good and bad stuff yourself anyway, so that sounds like just a small step out.

View Posticecoldduke, on 30 June 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

What would be nice if there was a map selection system inside of eduke32 were it would order maps by rank. That way one could figure out what maps are more likely to be good, but that doesn't mean the other maps should not be included in the pack.

Quaddicted and Quake Injector (that reads Quaddicted database) both have a system similar to what you described. Users can comment and vote on individual maps and compilations, and users can sort by score if they wish.

View PostLkMax, on 30 June 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

But you still have to sort through the good and bad stuff yourself anyway, so that sounds like just a small step out.

Yeah that's kinda of how life is :P, you have to sort through shit to find what you want.

View PostLkMax, on 30 June 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

Quaddicted and Quake Injector (that reads Quaddicted database) both have a system similar to what you described. Users can comment and vote on individual maps and compilations, and users can sort by score if they wish.

It would be nice to have something similar that was built into the game.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 30 June 2016 - 05:26 PM

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options