Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 59 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Minor updates for some classic addons which I wanted to implement for a while now.

- JJ Duke Nukem 3D: Missing sounds from adult version (femvoc1.voc, femvoc2.voc) restored
- Last Reaction & Water Bases: Vanilla-friendly approach for fixing SMALLEXPLOSION (with new replacement file tiles020.art)
- The Gate: Fixed art integrated into ART files (tiles000, tiles014)

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script v1.23 (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack (13.3 MB) and download jjduke.grp, lastreaction.grp and thegate.grp from the EAC repository

• The Truth is in here

Discovered another thing to fix. (Don't ask me how I find this, it's pretty random.)

- Vacation Cove: Restored missing sound (morning.voc); barmusic.voc converted to OGG

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script v1.23 (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack (13.3 MB) and download vacationcove.grp from the EAC repository

• The Truth is in here

And some more love for the third (and best) episode of JJDuke3D. No idea how these glitches managed to skip my attention before.

JJDuke3D:
- JJ301: Sprite #671 (FANSPRITE) changed to wall-aligned/adjusted shade
- JJ303: Fixed broken mailbox with infinite height (walls #3088-3091 deleted)
- JJ306: XXX magazine sprite alignments fixed (sprites #1130-1136 resized)
- JJ309: Wood crate shadow rendering in Polymost fixed (walls #2197/2198 adjusted)

To update:
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack (13.3 MB) and download jjduke.grp from the EAC repository

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I'll ask again for JJDuke to have its LOGO.ANM renamed to something different as to not have the ERP's upscaled intro override it

• The Truth is in here

The old problem remains:
As soon as I rename any of the hardcoded cutscenes, they won't be used. At this point I don't even know if it can be done in EDuke32, but even if so - until now nobody has come forward to tell me how to do it. Until that changes, everything stays exactly the way it is right now, sorry.

User is online   quakis 

I'm still figuring out con scripting so someone more experienced might recorrect this, but this quick dirty method seems to be working for this purpose. Hope it helps. It'll play the JJDuke logo (w/o sounds) before the Nuke logo.

Rename JJDuke's logo.anm to logojj.anm

Add this line to a duke3d.def file:
cutscene LOGOJJ.ANM { delay 10 }

Add this include in game.con
include scripts/jjduke_logo.con

This is the code I used, save this in a separate file named jjduke_logo.con and place it in the scripts dir
definequote 126
onevent EVENT_MAINMENUSCREEN
	redefinequote 126 LOGOJJ.ANM
	startcutscene 126
endevent

Or use the attached files for convenience, just remember to add the include:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by quakis: Yesterday, 08:24 PM

• The Truth is in here

No sounds, yeah. That's the catch. There's animsounds, but it only works for the hardcoded cutscenes. Not exactly ideal.

Share this topic:

• 59 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options