Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am using latest Parkade release in the edition for the compilation, anyway.
Otherwise, Downloader Script v1.21 is available. I have muted all Wget messages during the installation process to avoid spamming your display. Now you only see what matters.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 June 2022 - 01:00 AM

• The Truth is in here

Downloader Script v1.22 is available. Added an option to check for script updates. That means after this version, it shouldn't be necessary to separately download the script any more (provided you already have at least v1.22, of course).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 June 2022 - 06:55 AM

• The Truth is in here

Update for launcher (addons.bat) which can now detect Atomic Edition or World Tour automatically (via MD5 checksum), so no user interaction is required any more.
For this occasion, I have also updated the Downloader Script again with an additional option to only update base files if desired (which you can use directly to get that new launcher).

For anyone that already has Downloader Script v1.22, choose following options (in specified order):
> "Check for EAC Installer Script Updates"
> "Base Files Only"

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script v1.23 (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack (13.3 MB)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 14 June 2022 - 03:58 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

went through Savior of Alien Era. had a progression blocker in Border Town with collision and trying to get into vents, and some missing textures/HOM's for a few mirrors in the same map, and some softlocking in the Blink Of An Eye. otherwise, it's totally fine on r10112!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0055.png
  • Attached Image: duke0054.png

This post has been edited by ETPC: 22 June 2022 - 12:36 PM

• The Truth is in here

The vents seem to be a recurring issue throughout many addons. Again, it is pointless to fix this in the maps since it used to work and must work again through EDuke32 adjustments.

User is offline   Ax 34noff 

The Asteroid - unfair but OK

Shark's Cove - OK too.

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 23 June 2022 - 07:28 AM

V Series - OK (including secret level)

Bolduc Pack is hard to playtest. It requires Polymer and has a few (but major) glitches on Polymost, but Polymer has major slowdowns, especially when it encounters a mirror.

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 24 June 2022 - 05:39 AM

ALF's Resort - OK
Updated list of addons to playtest:
Spoiler

Duke Tournament - OK

View PostETPC, on 22 June 2022 - 12:36 PM, said:

... HOM's for a few mirrors ...

It's a well-known bug of Polymost. It can't render more than one mirror at once if i'm not mistaken.

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 24 June 2022 - 10:44 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

ran through brooklyn bridge in bolduc's pack on r10112. better framerates then parkade, encounter one crash with no error but replaying it didn't trigger it again. probably needs some more testing, but i managed to finish it.

• The Truth is in here

WGRealms2 has been updated to v3.0.

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script v1.23 (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack (13.3 MB) and download wgrealms2_dt.grp + wgrealms2_dt.cfg from the EAC repository

Pinxten Pack - OK-ish (has one hard-but-possible-to-fit™ hole)

Secrets of the Acropolis - OK including a secret level.

User is offline   Altorza 

Hello everyone.

First of all sorry for my english who's not native.

I'm a long date player of Duke Nukem 3D but i never handle this mod correctly i had almost everytime a problem .

So first of all am i in the correction section to post and ask for help (i see ur in a long beta testing part) ?

User is offline   ETPC 

ran through the LORCH trilogy on r10115. no issues!

User is offline   ETPC 

if i want to use the HRP with the addon pack, i just dump the files into autoload, right? i'm trying to run mill town rampage but the HRP dosen't appear to be working.

edit: nevermind, i didn't need to extract anything!

This post has been edited by ETPC: 22 July 2022 - 11:14 AM

Technically you could use the HRP even with every slightly modified addon, if you add/remove/change some lines in a custom .DEF and a .BAT that specify to using it (and some sprites among 3D stuff doesn't bother you). For ex. Infestation In Time used to have his own HRP which can still work if readapted to align it with the newest material.

User is offline   ETPC 

i ran through Mill Town Rampage with r10115 with the HRP and aside from some *horrendous* framerates with the HRP on, there were zero issues!

User is offline   ETPC 

played through Entrapped in the bolduc pack, and aside from the bad framerates in the open areas and the usual polymer texture glitches, it was stable on r10115 with no crashing or progression blockers.

User is offline   Altorza 

Hello everyone

I'm sorry to come back again but i really like to understand what i need to do or understand to solve my problems and be independent for the next ones.

The first one at the moment is a pb i have since a long times ago (with atomic edition few years ago) and now with world tour.

I just want to understand the "error compiling con files" i get on some mods include with the addons compilation. (like a dream trilogy / alien predator etc)

I use "eduke32_addons314.exe" so if its not the good version pls correct me

i tried with eduke32 :

-> r10118-9ae924b98"

edit: after writing this message i tried with R10115 that you seem to use (same problem)

SO

After getting theses error(s). I find that i need to go on the log .

On the log i find 2 lines :

ERR| ADREAM.CON:15: invalid quote

ERR| Found 2 warning(s), 1 error(s).

And now im in trouble :

Is the error in the con file at the line number 15 ? -> so how i can find this line ? -> where i can find this "adream.con" file? Is it include in the grp (im sure thats sound stupid ahah)

So I feel a bit lost / I feel silly / I'm sure there's something easy ahead of me and I don't understand / I miss it

And again sorry about my english problems :P

TamDuke: pmw10.map has unfittable hole:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Screenshot_20220817_030147.png

The Day After - OK
Updated list of what to playtest:
Spoiler

• The Truth is in here

@Altorza
I must strongly advise against using recent EDuke32 snapshots with legacy Addon Compilation releases. So much code has been changed in the last years so that compatibility is most likely very low regarding code-heavy mods in the collection. I know that everything worked with snapshots from that time, more or less, which should be around 2015/2016. Otherwise, you'll have to get the v4.0 preview release.

Duke Los Angeles: red water in dukela10.map (secret level) kills Duke for some reason, making the map unbeatable. The rest is OK-ish.

Incubation: Alien Apocalypse - OK

When Scum Returns - beatable. I didn't playtest secret levels though.

Age of Evil - OK

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options