Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   Ax 34noff 

Alien Invasion, ainv305.map: this elevator can't be lowered after being raised:
Attached Image: Screenshot_20220825_021715.png
Episodes 1 and 2 are OK.

Cerovsky Pack - OK

User is offline   rambo919 

TheDragonLiner, on 28 March 2022 - 11:54 PM, said:

I confirm that, even in my version (previous official) this glitch is present.

There's no way to get out of that hole in the wall once you got inside. A definite stuck situation.

Got that bug, no clipped through it.

Got another bug a few floors up. Red lock is invisible.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

Duke, It's ZeroHour - OK

Dukeland - right from the start can't get into spaceship.

Merc: Fatal Reality - OK
Updated list of what to playtest:
Spoiler

User is offline   juvenite 

Don't know if this has been reported yet, but Aliens vs Predator addon fails to compile, due to its CON referencing a non-existing quote (I think it's quote 126 IIRC).

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

That was already reported a while ago IIRC. It would have been introduced with an EDuke32 update since I made sure all addons launch when version 3.x came out. As a reminder, please don't test with old versions, only the 4.0 test release matters at this point.

Since we seem to slowly reach the finish line with testing (34 left to go, it seems), which is great, I'll soon start gathering all reported issues of the last months. Then I'll try to figure out which of these should get fixed with addon updates and for which we need to push for EDuke32 code changes.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 September 2022 - 11:19 AM

From addons_hints.txt:

"Steve Long Episodes"
4) Water fountains heal 3 HP per use. Quite useful (and needed).

They don't.

User is offline   juvenite 

NightFright, on 11 September 2022 - 10:54 AM, said:

That was already reported a while ago IIRC. It would have been introduced with an EDuke32 update since I made sure all addons launch when version 3.x came out. As a reminder, please don't test with old versions, only the 4.0 test release matters at this point.

Since we seem to slowly reach the finish line with testing (34 left to go, it seems), which is great, I'll soon start gathering all reported issues of the last months. Then I'll try to figure out which of these should get fixed with addon updates and for which we need to push for EDuke32 code changes.

sure sure, I didn't pay attention to the version I'm using. Apologies if I'm using an older one, which already has this issue fixed/reported.

• The Truth is in here

Ax 34noff, on 11 September 2022 - 01:31 PM, said:

From addons_hints.txt:

They don't.

Great, then. Is there actually anything EDuke32 did NOT change in the last six years? Good Lord...

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 September 2022 - 03:42 AM

From addons_hints.txt again:

"Steve Long Episodes"
3) "Paletted" Pigcops (green, red, yellow) take more damage (2 rockets!).

They also don't.

Edit:
I don't see any scripts that modify such things in stevelong.grp, there's only some defines for music, level/episode names and "gamevar LOGO_FLAGS 2095359 0".
So i believe it's not EDuke32 to blame here.

Edit2:
I wonder how many such defects in other addons we don't notice while playtesting.

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 12 September 2022 - 02:37 PM

• The Truth is in here

Update for "Steve Long Episodes". So it was really not an issue related to EDuke32 - for a change. Apparently I had forgotten to include the modified game.con which came with the original groupfile, a mistake which had been made quite a while ago, apparently. Thanks for pointing out the issue, God knows when it would have been discovered otherwise!

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download stevelong.grp from the EAC repository

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 September 2022 - 03:31 AM

• The Truth is in here

Updated issues list, hope I didn't forget anything. Please correct me in case recent EDuke32 updates have fixed some listed issues.

OK:
Spoiler

Bugs:
Spoiler

Showstopper:
Spoiler

Once testing is completed, I will try to fix as many of the mentioned issues as possible, then we'll push for EDuke32 code changes where needed to have a recent build which will work with all addons of this compilation (if possible).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 September 2022 - 05:52 AM

The Lost Duke Episodes - OK

Stranger Pack:
Is pain.map multiplayer only?
Other maps are OK.

Murder: The EDF Conspiracy - OK

Also should i report possible softlocks?

Total Duke - beatable but has one easy softlock at total01.map: if you go to sewer (near blue keycard door) without yellow keycard you'll get stuck.

Penthouse Paradise - OK

• The Truth is in here

Softlocks will most likely not be fixed, but I can place hints about them in the walkthrough so they can be avoided.

Redrum: The Shining II - OK

The Prequel to Time - OK

The Real Bad Ass - OK including secret level.

Time - OK

XMas 1997 - OK
Now i'll take another break from Duke.
Updated list of what to playtest:
- "25th Century Duke" by Kaotik Industries (1997) ............................................... 25th_century.grp [h] [s]
- "Back in Business" by Alex 'Aleks' Pistol (2020) .............................................. business.grp [h] [p]
- "Bolduc Pack" by Paul Bolduc (1998-2017) ...................................................... bolduc.grp [h]
- "Castle Quest" by Bobadoo (2013) .............................................................. castlequest.grp [h]
- "Complex" by Jeremy 'Forklift' Wilson/Forklift Productions (1997) ............................. complex.grp
- "DN64 Revisited" by Duke64Nukem (2015) ........................................................ dn64revisited.grp
- "Downtown Journey" by Preto Murara (2020) ..................................................... downtown.grp [h]
- "Duke Hard" by the Duke4.net Community (2014) ................................................. dukehard.grp [p]
- "Escape from San Angelos" by Gregory Douglas 'Chaos' Lemieux (1997-1999) ...................... escape.grp [h]
- "Eye of Cul Episode" by Eye del Cul (2003) .................................................... eyeofcul.grp [h]
- "God of War" by Ben 'Existence' Bradley (2001) ................................................ godofwar.grp [w]
- "Haunted Nukem" by Duke64Nukem & Team (2015/2017) ............................................. haunted.grp
- "Kucera Pack" by Petr 'Artec' Kučera (1998-2003) .............................................. kucera.grp [h] [s]
- "Metropolitan Mayhem" by MetHy, MRCK, Mikko Sandt & Merlijn van Oostrum (2012) ................ metromayhem.grp [h] [p]
- "Platoon TC" by The TNT Team (1997) ........................................................... platoon.grp [h] [w]
- "Space Mission" by Paul 'High Treason' Monteray (2012) ........................................ spacemission.grp [p] [s]
- "Starship Troopers TC" by BGame and SST TC Team (2000/2006) ................................... starship.grp [h] [w]
- "Steve Long Episodes" by Steve W. Long (1998) ................................................. stevelong.grp [h]
- "The Final Fight" by The Freebrief Team (1999) ................................................ finalfight.grp [h]
- "Total Apocalypse" by Juan Daniel 'Papamonos' Alcobre (2004) .................................. apocalypse.grp [h]
- "Vermin Clearance" by Frode 'Puritan' Waksvik (2006) .......................................... verminclear.grp [h]
- "WGRealms 2: Knee Deep" by Derek 'Drek' McPherson and Michael 'Micky C' Crisp (2012/2013) ..... kneedeep.grp [w]
- "Wolf Pack" by Gabriel 'Wolf' Crown (1998) .................................................... wolfpack.grp [h]
- "XarTech Invasion" by Ben Smit (1997) ......................................................... xartech.grp [h]

Pardon me for barging in, but i'd like to know if its possible to load\use this epic collection with Beloko's 'Raze Touch' port for Android?

• The Truth is in here

I have no experience with that port, so I can't tell. It would have to support loading zipfiles and the grpinfo feature, at minimum. One way or the other, EDuke32 is the intended source port for this and is the only one that's officially supported.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 06 October 2022 - 09:45 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

BetterLateThanNever, on 06 October 2022 - 06:35 PM, said:

Pardon me for barging in, but i'd like to know if its possible to load\use this epic collection with Beloko's 'Raze Touch' port for Android?

Raze Touch wasn't existed anymore, renamed to Zeta Touch because it has been supported EDuke32 already. Update your outdated port please. :P
http://opentouchgaming.com/zeta-touch/

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 06 October 2022 - 11:56 PM

Don't know how I screwed up the name of the port, but I'm using the latest publicly available version from his site.
Anyway, now i'm trying to track down some sort of contact info to ask him directly. Thanks for the lead, by the way.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options