Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   Moggimus 

Ah, I see. The widescreen compatibility art requirement would definitely be out of my realm and I don't know anyone that could do it. Perhaps I'll just fix what I can and post it for anyone that's interested. Thank you for the replies.

View PostNightFright, on 22 April 2022 - 05:16 AM, said:

That one can safely be considered abandoned by its original authors since it came out back in 1998.

Main issue I see here is that it needs widescreen sprites for weapons, statusbar etc. We need to be on par with the standards from other addons. If you know a talented graphics guy who can provide widescreen replacements for all weapons.

In general, the certification process for an addon that is supposed to go into the EAC is as follows:
- Functionality review (can all levels be completed in latest EDuke32 snapshot)
- Code review (startup warnings)
- Widescreen compatibility (minimum level: weapons, statusbar)
- GRP to zipfile structure conversion
- Optional: Add walkthrough info if levels are too weird

I am also not so sure about its quality. I don't hear the name "Ages in Time" that often these days, TBH. Come to think of it, now I remember having that thing in my checklist some years ago and discarded it due to lack of interest to convert it (translates into: tried it, hated it, forgot about it).

User is offline   alexhob123 

do i need to change custom change content directory to anything or just leave as none

User is offline   Ax 34noff 

View Postalexhob123, on 24 April 2022 - 07:00 AM, said:

do i need to change custom change content directory to anything or just leave as none

Leave it as "none"

Just popping in here to say that the upcoming addon manager also works with the Addon Compilation:

https://forums.duke4...em-for-eduke32/

Simply place the test build of `eduke32.exe` in the Addons Compilation folder, run the batch file as before, and then you'll be able to view all addons in the ingame menu as well.

So you can now switch between them without having to restart the game.

User is offline   ETPC 

i just did a run of The Brave New World in r10040 and it was flawless except for the end boss in the fifth map was able to get out of bounds in the final arena (somehow warped up through the hole you fall down to get into his arena). had to noclip to fight him.

A bit overdue but ... I've begun a playthrough of FM*X's first episode.

First because I find that it could use an entry in the Hint Lists for the first level's Blue KeyCard,, but more importantly, I remember talking about having a hard time beating the Secret Level. Thanks to FistMarine, I've been able to unblock myself on that level, therefore it will be the opportunity to write down a hint or two for that level.

Also, if FMX hasn't been tested yet for the newer version, it would be an opportunity for somebody to do it whenever.

BTW, there is a mistake in the entry that indicates the location of the secret level. It says to push the wall behind the ""Yellow KeyCard"" while it is Red in reality.

EDIT : Okay so I've been able to do it all. Here's my list of additional hints. It'll be up to NightFright to decide which ones are necessary.
Attached File  FM1X Hints.txt (607bytes)
Number of downloads: 90

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 02 May 2022 - 02:23 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Overhauling the walkthrough slowly turns into a project on its own... Anyway, additional hints for FM1X (plus keycard color fix for FM1X04) have been added.
Gotta try that addons manager, though. After all, I have been waiting for something like that since ages.

In the meantime, a slightly updated EAC downloader script (v1.02) is available.

Changes:
- Updated WGet binary to v1.21.3
- Script now terminates on its own (delayed close instead of pause at the end)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 May 2022 - 03:04 AM

• The Truth is in here

Updated WG Mega Pack to latest v2.4.

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script v1.02 (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack (13.3 MB) and download wgmega.grp from the EAC repository

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 May 2022 - 11:02 PM

• The Truth is in here

Updated WG Mega Pack to latest v2.5.

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script v1.02 (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack (13.3 MB) and download wgmega.grp from the EAC repository

• The Truth is in here

Looks like Mr. Gee is on fire today! Updated WG Mega Pack to latest v2.6.

To update:

User is offline   ETPC 

just ran through operation blitzkrieg (polymer) on r10066. zero problems!

Updated list of what to playtest:
Spoiler

Also please somebody test ssc.map of Space Map Pack.

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 18 May 2022 - 09:38 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

i tested infestation in time before, there weren't any problems. you can probably strike that off your list.

This post has been edited by ETPC: 23 May 2022 - 06:30 PM

• The Truth is in here

Updated WG Mega Pack to latest v3.0.

To update:

Epic - OK

• The Truth is in here

Updated WG Mega Pack to latest v3.1.

To update:

• The Truth is in here

EAC Downloader Script has been updated to v1.1.

In this version, you can now choose between full installation (as before) or a "lite" version which only downloads the top 25 addons. This basically is what I consider being the 25 best compilation entries, which is naturally a quite subjective selection. However, it should still be a solid start for anyone who doesn't want to download everything right away and just wants to take a quick look at the highlights.
With this I finally want to tap more into the possibilities provided by the download script in general. It's probably just a start, so most likely more options will follow step by step. I could imagine adding a top 50 selection still, for example. Eventually there might even be a way to manually select addons, however that's rather at the end of my to-do list right now.

The top 25 list includes:
Spoiler

I am almost sure my selection will trigger some discussions, but as stated above, these would be *MY* personal highlights, so please don't feel too offended if your own favorites are not listed. If you think others should be included instead, feel free to forward your opinion. Entries I consider absolutely vital would be Chimera, Duke Hard, Last Reaction, Metropolitan Mayhem, Red, Roch and The Gate.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 May 2022 - 08:10 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

what's the argument for last reaction? is it important in some way to duke's modding scene?

• The Truth is in here

It's more about Water Bases than Last Reaction. It's considered by many to have qualities of an inofficial expansion. It still has its a-hole moments, but in general it's enjoyable and levels look nice.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 May 2022 - 09:56 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

ah, that's fair.

also, i'm trying to run through Parkade in Bolduc's pack and it's giving me extremely low framerates when outside in polymer on a 3080 ti/ryzen 7 5800x. plus, there are what appears to be missing textures and im getting memory corruption errors that cause CTD's.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0047.png

This post has been edited by ETPC: 30 May 2022 - 10:13 AM

User is offline   Jim 

Speaking of which, is there any way to edit the amount of ammo the enemy and the ammo boxes give? Ammo shortage was always a problem in last reaction.

View PostETPC, on 30 May 2022 - 10:03 AM, said:

... plus, there are what appears to be missing textures ...

Look like a well-known bug of Polymer.

• The Truth is in here

Must be a place where redlines (of inner sectors) are crossing. Polymer doesn't like that at all. I used to fix these cases when I was still optimizing the pack for Polymer, but it's not always possible without ruining the layout of the map or at least noticably alter visuals.

However, memory corruption and crashes sound more like EDuke32 can't handle these maps any more. These maps were made explicitly for the Polymer renderer, right? I remember I managed to play them without problems back in the days. Have you tried turning off dynamic lights? In complex maps it can give a huge performance boost.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 May 2022 - 01:33 PM

User is offline   ETPC 

yeah, they are explicitly polymer and lots of TROR. i thought about turning off dynamic lights but the readme warns against it because the map was built with that in mind.

• The Truth is in here

Well, Polymer will lose a lot of its distinctive looks, but if framerate is taking such a dive, desperate measures are in order.

• The Truth is in here

Added the Michael Hunt Series (since it was really easy to integrate and level quality is exceptional). This comes with a full walkthrough for the entire episode!
Also, the script was updated again to offer a "Top 50" option as well. Additionally, you can now see in the installer options which addons are included. Please make sure to download latest version (v1.2) from the link below!

Top 25:
Spoiler

Top 50:
Spoiler

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script v1.2 (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack (13.3 MB) and download hunt.grp from the EAC repository

This post has been edited by NightFright: 31 May 2022 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

i eventually finished parkade with polymer, it didn't crash again but it still was very buggy to the point where i don't think it belongs in the pack unless someone wants to go in and fix everything.

• The Truth is in here

Didn't they actually improve the Polymer renderer or at least promised to do so? I remember these maps working well some years ago. But well, that's a long time for a project like EDuke32 with thousands of changes every year.

In general, I guess the concept of Polymer-optimized maps isn't so great after all, even with great features like TROR.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostETPC, on 31 May 2022 - 11:30 AM, said:

i eventually finished parkade with polymer, it didn't crash again but it still was very buggy to the point where i don't think it belongs in the pack unless someone wants to go in and fix everything.
Parkade has seen about half a dozen updates. The latest I know of is from 2013-11-17.

View PostNightFright, on 31 May 2022 - 12:46 PM, said:

Didn't they actually improve the Polymer renderer or at least promised to do so?
Some fixes were made somewhat recently, even by Plagman himself .At least some still seem to care; I think the prospects are better than one or two years ago.

User is offline   ETPC 

oh huh! i'll test out that version then.

edit: nope, still runs like a dog. shame.

This post has been edited by ETPC: 31 May 2022 - 03:48 PM

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options