Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   Ax 34noff 

Super Nukem Bros - OK too.
Updated list of what to playtest:
Spoiler
I don't include most recent addons (like Shaky Grounds or WGRealms 2: Demon Throne) here because:
- they are already made with modern Eduke32 in mind
- they have their own threads on this forum to report bugs

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 29 March 2022 - 10:54 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

the gate, red series, DukeVR and SST have already been tested

View PostETPC, on 29 March 2022 - 10:46 AM, said:

the gate, red series, DukeVR and SST have already been tested

About SST: i found a (not showstopper) bug but i didn't test entire addon (encountered difficult place, probably will retest on lower difficulty)
About Red and DukeVR: are their bugs fixed in most recent Eduke32? (Probably need retests)
About Gate: thanks, scratching out

LORCH Trilogy - has some unreachable secrets (all the same unfittable holes) but overall beatable.

MSSP Episode - tight vent shaft again:
Attached Image: Screenshot_20220330_222215.png

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

This should really be solved through the port. We all know it was possible to pass through there at some point.

Taivo Pack:
babes_reloaded.map: this switch works very unreliably:
Attached Image: Screenshot_20220330_230552.png
Overall beatable but player can think this switch is broken. Maybe try to move/raise it a bit?
napalm_death.map: Is this map even beatable? Looks unfinished.
seven.map: probably "unteleportable shrinked Duke" bug again but maybe unfinished too, i'm unsure.

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 31 March 2022 - 02:05 PM

Sun Burn - OK
Updated untested addons list:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 31 March 2022 - 03:43 PM

Playtesting Space Map Pack, already found two issues:
beamup.map freezes EDuke32 dead at some point with no errors in log.
bigorbit.map: can't open this door from inside:
Attached Image: Screenshot_20220402_223037.png

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostAx 34noff, on 02 April 2022 - 11:39 AM, said:

beamup.map freezes EDuke32 dead at some point with no errors in log.

run the debug build and see what it says there.

View PostNinety-Six, on 02 April 2022 - 08:15 PM, said:

run the debug build and see what it says there.

Still no errors in log:
Spoiler
(Yes, it's Windows build under Wine, but native Linux build crashes exactly at the same place.)

Edit: here is a save just before the crash:Attached File  save0027.7z (171.35K)
Number of downloads: 107

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 03 April 2022 - 09:10 AM

View PostAx 34noff, on 03 April 2022 - 05:37 AM, said:

Edit: here is a save just before the crash:Attachment save0027.7z

Thanks, the save file helped me debug the problem.

The freeze occurs inside clipmove(), called from A_MoveSpriteClipdist() at line 587. It is caused by the movement on a pigcop against the rotating sector, where it seems to be placed out of bounds.

This occurs at the following location in beamup.map, should be easy to reproduce even without the save by just placing the player there:
Attached Image: capt0002.png

Since this is the case, it is possible to avoid the freeze and complete the map by trying to lure the pigcops away from this spot somehow.

Technical Details:
Spoiler

Since this is in the engine base, it will also affect NBlood and VoidSW. (Raze does not have this issue, as it did not incorporate this change)

User is offline   ETPC 

just ran through Rendezvous with r9983. zero problems! too bad it was never finished, the episode seemed incredibly promising!

• The Truth is in here

@Doom64hunter:
Amazing what bugtesting of this project brings to the light of day.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 April 2022 - 12:29 PM

View PostDoom64hunter, on 04 April 2022 - 02:53 AM, said:

Thanks, the save file helped me debug the problem.

The freeze occurs inside clipmove(), called from A_MoveSpriteClipdist() at line 587. It is caused by the movement on a pigcop against the rotating sector, where it seems to be placed out of bounds.

This occurs at the following location in beamup.map, should be easy to reproduce even without the save by just placing the player there:
Attachment capt0002.png

Since this is the case, it is possible to avoid the freeze and complete the map by trying to lure the pigcops away from this spot somehow.

Technical Details:
Spoiler

Since this is in the engine base, it will also affect NBlood and VoidSW. (Raze does not have this issue, as it did not incorporate this change)

Correction: The issue does not affect NBlood or VoidSW because these do not have compatibility mode EDUKE32 enabled. So while it is part of the engine base, these ports are under normal circumstances not affected.

Continuing with Space Map Pack.
mars!4.map: looks like some outside sectors don't have "moving floor that kills" tag or something like it. This is supposed to be moving train, right? Overall beatable though.

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 06 April 2022 - 01:53 PM

Space Map Pack again.
pluto24.map - beatable but has two places where player can (and highly likely will) get stuck:
Attached Image: Screenshot_20220408_024507.pngAttached Image: Screenshot_20220408_025235.pngpng]

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 07 April 2022 - 04:02 PM

User is offline   ETPC 

ran through countdown to christmas on r9985. had a minor bug in the last map that the game acted like i was in a crusher getting squished but when i turned off godmode (the map was a bit challenging and stingy with health lol) it was fine!

Space Map Pack again.
ssc.map: where can i find yellow keycard for this lock?
Attached Image: Screenshot_20220410_023006.png

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 09 April 2022 - 03:42 PM

Ok, Space Map Pack done!
Maps with major issues:
- beamup.map: crashes Eduke32 at some point
- bigorbit.map: can't open this door from inside: https://forums.duke4...820#entry369820
Maps that have issues but still beatable:
- mars!4.map: some outside sectors don't have "moving floor that kills" tag or something like it
- pluto24.map: has two places where player can (and highly likely will) get stuck (https://forums.duke4...935#entry369935)
- war_pigs.map: "Metallica" (Crew Quarters?) rooms have a lot of HOMs (see attachment)
Can't beat:
- ssc.map: can't find yellow keycard
Ok or just minor issues:
- the rest.

Now i'll take a little break from Duke.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Screenshot_20220411_033437.png

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 11 April 2022 - 07:07 AM

View PostAx 34noff, on 11 April 2022 - 07:06 AM, said:

- beamup.map: crashes Eduke32 at some point

The crash is fixed starting from r9991. Great work as always finding these issues, I will take a look at them at a later point.

View PostDoom64hunter, on 13 April 2022 - 12:41 AM, said:

The crash is fixed starting from r9991. Great work as always finding these issues, I will take a look at them at a later point.

I didn't see any fix for this issue in git, but i'll retest this map now (if it's beatable, not if it still crashes).
Edit:
beamup.map - OK.
Now we need to do something with bigorbit.map at least. Maybe don't close this door automatically?
(Also can somebody try to beat ssc.map ?)

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 13 April 2022 - 02:13 PM

User is offline   Huhoo 

Hi Guys, I tried to download from dropbox link from https://hrp.duke4.net/download.php. But I received virus alert after finish downloading.

Any Ideas and where is the safe location to download?

https://www.dropbox....ons314.exe?dl=1

EDuke32 Addon Compilation v3.14 (635 MB) - by NightFright (See readme for details)
Last update: 2020-10-06 | MD5 checksum: 3ba3f84480a65b2cbb58651569bb314f
Duke4.org | Dropbox | Mega

Cheers!

• The Truth is in here

There isn't any virus in that package. It's been out for years and nobody ever complained.
However, please note that you are aiming for the outdated release which will work a lot worse with recent EDuke32 snapshots. You would need a build from 2016 or even earlier.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 14 April 2022 - 10:49 PM

User is offline   ETPC 

just ran through bad weekend on r10016. i only ran through the normal episode and training, afaik the Very Bad Weekend only changes enemy amounts? had some teleporter weirdness in and out of the vents in the second level that miiiiiight qualify for a showstopper but it worked if i banged my head against it enough. otherwise, flawless!

User is offline   Moggimus 

Quick question for NightFright: Are you taking any suggestions for TCs/addons that could be added to the collection? I have a favorite that I play often. It has some minor issues (some switches that don't work and stop level progress, etc) that I would be happy to fix myself and playtest the TC to make sure it is in working order.

• The Truth is in here

I know, everybody is burning to get thousands of more addons into this compilation. As I have already stated, this isn't really the time. Anyway, if you want to fix all the issues with your mod by yourself and get it to a 100% working state so that it can be added directly AND provided it's not something that adds hundreds of MB at once, I can at least think about it. There are some addons for which I didn't get permission, though, so if it's any of those, it won't happen for sure.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 April 2022 - 01:02 AM

User is offline   Moggimus 

Ah, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were seeking permission for each mod, but I should have assumed that. The TC I was speaking of is "Ages in Time". Again, I would be happy to get it to 100% myself, unless it's one of the ones you couldn't get permission?

• The Truth is in here

That one can safely be considered abandoned by its original authors since it came out back in 1998.

Main issue I see here is that it needs widescreen sprites for weapons, statusbar etc. We need to be on par with the standards from other addons. If you know a talented graphics guy who can provide widescreen replacements for all weapons.

In general, the certification process for an addon that is supposed to go into the EAC is as follows:
- Functionality review (can all levels be completed in latest EDuke32 snapshot)
- Code review (startup warnings)
- Widescreen compatibility (minimum level: weapons, statusbar)
- GRP to zipfile structure conversion
- Optional: Add walkthrough info if levels are too weird

I am also not so sure about its quality. I don't hear the name "Ages in Time" that often these days, TBH. Come to think of it, now I remember having that thing in my checklist some years ago and discarded it due to lack of interest to convert it (translates into: tried it, hated it, forgot about it).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 April 2022 - 05:40 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I'll repeat the request to change addons using custom logo.anm to use a different file name to avoid it being overridden by the ERP's upscaled nuke logo.

According to my notes the affected addons are dn64revisited, jjduke and lastreaction (there are others with logo.anm replacements like fusion but those also have enough art replacements to be out of scope for the ERP)

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options