Duke4.net Forums: Those simple questions thread - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Those simple questions thread  "Simple questions, simple answers"

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Are you guys remembering to press 'X in 3d mode to enable light preview?

Music: The Rejected Applications (listen now)
EDuke32 || EDuke32 Wiki || Latest EDuke32 Snapshots
I'm getting too old for this shit...

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

Yes.

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Probably my fault. The original Eduke flashlight code from Darkus specifies a pal 10 spotlight placed anywhere in the map. No hitag needed. Thats what I put in the test map because I assumed Helix's Mapster code was based on the same flashlight code. In this new version I gave it a hitag so you can see it. Sorry if you ripped any hair out in frustration. It will grow back. BTW, it still doesn't work for me because the keypress combo does not get reassigned to activate the light. It continues to control sector shade as if just the ctrl and KP- keys are being pressed. Shift seems to be having no effect.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 11 December 2016 - 04:26 AM

With the fixed map, [']+[X] mode, and `include a`, the keypress and the headlight itself work for me.

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I'll have to try with a newer version of Eduke. It used to work with my old favorite of 4593 but not any more. I wonder what has changed since then in either Mapster or a.m32

EDIT: It works after 'include a' in a close to newest version. Just for my own info I might bisect it to figure out when it stopped working. Thanks.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 11 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

The mystery deepens. I installed 4593 in my up to date Eduke32 folder and the Mapster flashlight works fine after include a. I get a message about 4 errors when it runs and that sounds familiar from back when I used to use it.

So something in my Graveyard folder is stopping the flashlight from working. But for the life of me I can't understand why. I'm using the same Graveyard svn working copy on my drive that used the flashlight during map creation. BTW, when I run 'include a' in Graveyard, instead of the "4 error" message I get a "1 error" message. So now starts the hunt for what is keeping a.m32 from executing properly. I don't know where exactly to start looking.

Do you have an old a.m32 in that folder? Try updating it from SVN.

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I grabbed the same one from 2015 that works in my new Eduke svn folder.

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I know its been discussed before but I don't remember the answer. Is there a setting to disable the red/green polymer lights from wall switches?
If not, are there any switches now that do not use the lights?

edit: I found a thread from back in 2010 which gives a con fix for disabling lights but my current project is staying away from extra cons. I was hoping that the option has been added to the game since then.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMark., on 18 December 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

I know its been discussed before but I don't remember the answer. Is there a setting to disable the red/green polymer lights from wall switches?
If not, are there any switches now that do not use the lights?

edit: I found a thread from back in 2010 which gives a con fix for disabling lights but my current project is staying away from extra cons. I was hoping that the option has been added to the game since then.

I use the menu, Options > Display Setup > Polymer Setup > Dynamic Lights = Map Only. On my map, only the SE lights work, anything else does not.

The things I don't know could fill libraries.

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

That sounds like its what I'm looking for but...Dammit, because of rendering issues I have to use old, old version 4593 from 2014 which doesn't have that menu feature. Thanks for the reply.

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I seem to remember a post last year about the "animated UV's for models" feature being considered for eduke32. Did it ever get coded in? Any links to it's usage? Or has my memory failed me once again and there was no such discussion.

edit: someone on another site saw this question and gave me a link to the eduke32 wiki thread about the xpanning feature.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 10 January 2017 - 04:26 AM

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

In the near future I would like to edit some Eduke32 wiki page entries. After signing up for a wiki account will there be any other hurdles I have to clear or permissions from people here before I can edit?

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

deleted, wrong thread

This post has been edited by Mark.: 17 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options