Duke4.net Forums: Those simple questions thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Those simple questions thread  "Simple questions, simple answers"

User is offline   Mark 

Do conveyor belts carry sound effectors?

User is online   Jblade 

I don't think so, but I know trains do - I think it was either oasiz or nukey who posted a tutorial showing how to make fading ambient sounds using a 2-way train sprite.

User is offline   Mark 

Darn, I guess I'll just put in an ambient sound and forgot the finesse of moving ones.

User is offline   Hank 

How does one scale down textures proportionally?

In the past (4 years ago), KN-5 with KN-6 or KN-2 maintained the proportions, if the number of keystrokes matched. I.E. 3 times on 2 and three times on 6 kept the texture in a perfect proportion. Now, I have no clue how to keep the texture square.

The wiki suggests to press '/' + SHIFT to make a texture square. Does not work for me, thus my simple question. :dukeaffirmative:

This post has been edited by Hank: 14 February 2016 - 08:28 PM

User is offline   Master O 

If a tree falls down and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?

User is offline   Mark 

Is there a cstat setting for disabling a sprite from emitting a Polymer light? I thought there was but couldn't find it in the Wiki. Maybe it doesn't exist.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

You mean the hardcoded lights?

spriteflags <tilenum> 256

outside of the actor should do it.

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks, but I was hoping it was a bit I could set from the F8 menu on the sprite. I'm avoiding any con code for this project.

Don't think this is really a simple question... But when I export the model from Blender to .md3. It does some weird tearing and misplacing of where the vertices are in the UV. Why would it do this? As shown in the picture you can see what it will look like in game rendering of Duke with the messed up textures. It looks perfect and everything is lined up in Blender. Didn't have this issue with my first exported model I finished. ANyone know how to fix this?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: WTF.png

This post has been edited by 1337DirtAlliance: 26 April 2016 - 12:00 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Looks like you might want to ungroup the separate sections before exporting.

the model is all one mesh. There are no other groups. Just vertec groups

I wanted to add that i'm also using Blender2.69. DOn't think it's the same script I was using either before. Because I was able to export the first girl with no problems and I have done the exact same thing as i've done with this one.

Confirmed... tried to export a different girl for the twins set and she also didn't export with the proper unwrap location.... this script is obviously shit. Does anyone have a script for blender that works??

User is offline   Hank 

View Post1337DirtAlliance, on 08 May 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

Confirmed... tried to export a different girl for the twins set and she also didn't export with the proper unwrap location.... this script is obviously shit. Does anyone have a script for blender that works??

Try those
http://www.katsbits.com/tools/
One of them is (was) made right here by Drek
https://forums.duke4...-export-script/

all I do is import basic models right now, and the mesh works fine.
Using Blender 2.77

This post has been edited by Hank: 08 May 2016 - 05:31 PM

I just tried the one on that page and it wouldn't work. I got the 'Blender MD3 Export 2.63a: CoDEmanX' script to work and cleaned up that screwed up uvmapping error. Just need to clean up a bra clipping and she's done :DDD

Thanks!!!

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

How can I disable mapster from displaying animations on monsters? I'm talking about animations that are not hardcoded in the art file, like when you place a protector drone in the map.

The issue here is that I have put my own sprites on the same tile numbers, and the animations are completely wrong for them.

User is offline   Mark 

I assigned multiple skins to a model using the usual method of different pal numbers. But when trying to do the same for their glow maps only the pal 0 glow map shows on all the models. Is that a known limitation or a bug?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's a known limitation.

Hello everyone !

I've searched all around and on the EDuke Wiki but nothing I found works so I'll just ask here :

What console line do you need to enter in the EDuke console in order to set skill level to 4 ?

On the Wiki I found -s# and "skill" but none work and I remember Micky said somewhere what to do and that it would give more enemies without the respawn feature but I can't find his post T_T

User is offline   Kyanos 

OK, I think this does it.

start a game on lower difficulty

use tilde~ to open the console

set the skill to damn I'm good
skill 4

then die and restart the level

You have to die for the change to take place ?

I didn't expect that :/ Thanks ^^

User is offline   Sanek 

I'm looking for an easy way to launch TC's that were made for 1.3 version on eduke32. What would you do?

User is offline   Kyanos 

I want to write a quick m32 script for rough shading.

in english like this

if wall facing north shade it x...

I read a.m32 found this bit of code about walls.
Spoiler

It looks as if I need to find each point and calculate the face from that? Anyone able to help clarify what exactly I would need to do.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I wrote a code specifically for this, not sure if there's a working .m32 of it. =/

• Weaponized Autism

I was going to remake it from first principles, but at the time I didn't feel like thinking about all the 3D spherical coordinate math to get a global illumination "sun" to meet my standards.

Though technically it would only take two angles (the radius component is irrelevant except as an intensity scalar), and the decision of which ones to use are made clear by the fact that BUILD walls are strictly vertical. The hard part is floor/ceiling slopes.

User is offline   Kyanos 

arctan x = 1 / 1 + x^2

I can't call arctan so I have to just write the math myself in m32 script like? I think I'm getting somewhere, deltas and stuff...

• Weaponized Autism

getangle is arctan2. Don't know if that helps.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I got something working, whatever I end up making from this point won't be too useful for other maps, this will help anyone get started if they want to try customizing it, it only shades 5,10,15,20 depending on if the wall is facing closest to N,S,E,W very very ugly.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Drek: 05 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

User is offline   kullenberg 

Getting back into mapster again after a long break of doing other stuff. A common technique for creating trees in late 90's arcade racing games was to have two identical tree billboard sprites intersecting at 90 degrees into each other.
I've attempted to recreate this in mapster. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it results in flickering and glitching where the sides of the sprites aren't blocking the other sprite properly. I can't figure out when it works and when it doesn't. Do I just have to accept that building with sprites often results in flicker and weirdness? It's very annoying.

User is offline   Mark 

Yes its an issue that has been problematic to fix. A number of attempts have been made but fixing transparency and rendering order for one instance causes problems with another one. Its still being looked into.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 09 September 2016 - 04:44 PM

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options