Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC general - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is online   Jblade 

I'm not sure what the issue is, I'm checking the code files and can't see anything that would cause that. I do want to re-do the boss bars anyway though since the current bar is a bit too limited.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 22 November 2017 - 10:06 PM

He is right, the life bar always comes down in chucks, it never depletes gradually.

This fact is most probably what makes him feel like he's doing random damage, also the fact the life bar disappears while there's barely few HP left can feel frustrasting.

If you run out of ammo against Hyde when the bar disappears you can try and Bayonette him, I once did that and it worked, but make sure you back up as soon as you hit because his punching attack packs a punch (pun pun, lol lol) >_>

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I thought I mentioned something similar about that boss before - but there was so much other stuff going on at the time with keys and getting out of the cellar in the first place, plus testing & fixing all the stuff in episode two, it might have gotten passed over, or just forgotten on my part.

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 November 2017 - 11:32 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah I don't think those bars ever went down too gradually. Probably something to do with the art being used. Let's hope the new boss bars fix the problem.

User is offline   Loke 

The boss bar looks great now, James. :D

User is offline   Steambull 

Yeah, the bar just doesn't work gradually - I ended up beating him when I played simply assuming that my hits will register, which kept me from shooting all over the place thinking there's some weak spot or trick. The one weird thing is that from the very first hit his life bar always drops quite a bit (the amount is visible my previous attached screenshot), more than what one shotgun hit for example should do, I'm pretty sure.

User is online   Jblade 

Yeah the boss bar is something I added near the start of the TC so any quirks are related to me not thinking things through properly. The health bar rounds down basically, so anything from 90% up to 99% will show as 90% (and so on) The same is true for it disappearing when the boss is below around 1% health. As Loke says, it's much more accurate and better looking now for ep3 :D

• Honored Donor

View PostJblade, on 23 November 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

it's much more accurate and better looking now for ep3 :D

Yep, Episode 3 has a great life bar. It's a shame that we're restricting Episodes 1-2 to use the old one.

Jks

View PostMicky C, on 23 November 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

Yep, Episode 3 has a great life bar. It's a shame that we're restricting Episodes 1-2 to use the old one.

Jks

Why not applying it to the whole thing ?

User is online   Jblade 

He's joking, that's why he put Jks on the bottom of his post.

View PostJblade, on 24 November 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

He's joking, that's why he put Jks on the bottom of his post.

Oh sorry ^^
I'm not used to internet acronyms >.<

BTW I am grasping the recent activity to report a few small oddities :

1_ Sang would rather not talk about James' doppleganger, (in the background, in the tunnel) >> Attached Image: duke0001.png

2_ A room with no door ? That ship is evil indeed ... >> Attached Image: duke0002.png

3_ I don't know about you but there are 2 things I find a bit off about the Flamethrower >> Attached Image: duke0003.png
1_ When you see the character's left hand (every character), between the pipe and the gun and above the extremity of the pipe, it feels like it is a remnant of the hand from wherever the sprite comes from.
2_ Mikko's left arm's sleeve looks super large O_o

4_ In the last mission on Mars, with Sang, when you receive a PDU message from Peter Davids he says that reaching him will be "Convulted" ... wouldn't it be "Convoluted" with an O instead ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I made an artwork of the boss of the forgotten pyramid level on AMC mod.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 03 December 2017 - 11:35 PM

View PostZaxtor, on 03 December 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

I made an artwork of the boss of the forgotten pyramid level on AMC mod.
Posted Image

I believe that is what the boss would look like if AMC had had its own High Resolution Pack along with the usability of Polymer rendering Posted Image

It's odd but when I look at its face and eyes it tends to slightly remind me of the last boss of Trequonia's Out of this Dimension level, I don't know it's the size, the distance, the creepiness ... It's like a "nightmarish vision" ^^
Actually Micky's Ghost Ship boss feels kinda the same but it doesn't give me that "nightmarish vision" feeling >_> Because Micky's boss looks very Classy but not really creepy, while this boss is "less classy" (the background of this artwork really is though !) but more creepy ...

• Honored Donor

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 04 December 2017 - 12:35 AM, said:

I believe that is what the boss would look like if AMC had had its own High Resolution Pack along with the usability of Polymer rendering Posted Image

It's odd but when I look at its face and eyes it tends to slightly remind me of the last boss of Trequonia's Out of this Dimension level, I don't know it's the size, the distance, the creepiness ... It's like a "nightmarish vision" ^^
Actually Micky's Ghost Ship boss feels kinda the same but it doesn't give me that "nightmarish vision" feeling >_> Because Micky's boss looks very Classy but not really creepy, while this boss is "less classy" (the background of this artwork really is though !) but more creepy ...

The boss in Ghost Ship is much bigger.

View PostMicky C, on 04 December 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

The boss in Ghost Ship is much bigger.

Indeed, it contributes to me saying that the Ghost Ship boss is more Classy, and BTW that boss is fought from relatively close which makes it look even bigger (I like it when things are out of proportion like that ...), from what I saw in Zaxtor's videos his boss is fought from farther away which makes it look smaller than it really is ...

But in the end it's true that Ghost Ship boss is bigger, wider, callsier, impressiver and more animater, but Zaxtor's boss is more creepy (creepy in a meliorative way of course) ^^

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Boss in Ghost Ship is indeed massive size etc.

The face in the crazy level of my mod is way bigger.
Takes like a minute for projectile for reaching it.

Are you guys taking map donations or something like that? I have a space map that probably will never be finished (not a thing had been done since 2014).
It has a reasonable amount of content in it and I don't want it to go to waste.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMister Sinister, on 05 December 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Are you guys taking map donations or something like that? I have a space map that probably will never be finished (not a thing had been done since 2014).
It has a reasonable amount of content in it and I don't want it to go to waste.

I'm sure James would be interested in this. PM him here: https://forums.duke4...user/44-jblade/

User is online   Jblade 

Definitely, as Loke said any help is appreciated - you can talk to me via PM or send it via e-mail, whatever's more convenient :D

User is online   Jblade 

Suggestion : It would be nice if, for OCs who use goggles (like James or Mikko), we could chose if it were Night Vision or Heat Vision.
Because I remember that in V1 there were almost as many HV as NV but in V2 there are almost only NV, it'd be nice for a bit of variety besides I always found that HV looked cool :D (especially Geoffrey and Mikko's in V1)
I don't mean adding a separation between HV and NV, that would be useless, but a replacement a bit like the specialty weapons but for NV/HV you see ?
If you want trade-offs then HV would not have that flashing effect upon firing unlike NV but as a trade it wouldn't expand the visibility unlike NV which can even make things out of visual range visible.
And finally the only OCs who would not be able to have that would be Sang, Merlijn and Rusty since they have something different from NV already ...

I've added this, although all characters have the choice (Rusty's They Live shades were neat but didn't serve any gameplay purpose) between heat and night vision. There's also separate slots for head, chest and belt as well as standard equipment now; but prices have been buffed so fully loading yourself will be expensive and reduce how much you can earn from a level (so save it for the big levels!)

Still a bit WIP, plan is to add a silhouette at the bottom where the items will show up.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: loadout.jpg

This post has been edited by Jblade: 07 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

View PostJblade, on 07 December 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

I've added this, although all characters have the choice (Rusty's They Live shades were neat but didn't serve any gameplay purpose) between heat and night vision. There's also separate slots for head, chest and belt as well as standard equipment now; but prices have been buffed so fully loading yourself will be expensive and reduce how much you can earn from a level (so save it for the big levels!)

Still a bit WIP, plan is to add a silhouette at the bottom where the items will show up.

Nice :D

Indeed a silouhette would be better because on the screen it looks like everything is pilled on top of each other ^^
May I ask what the "Ballistic Mask" is ? Some sort of bonus armor ?
Or enemies can headshoot you and this prevents that ?

User is online   Jblade 

It does a number of things, like stopping your vision from becoming too obscured when taking a heavy hit as well as protecting you from slimers and the phantasm balls. There'll be an upgrade for flash bang protection as well :D

View PostJblade, on 12 December 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

It does a number of things, like stopping your vision from becoming too obscured when taking a heavy hit as well as protecting you from slimers and the phantasm balls. There'll be an upgrade for flash bang protection as well :D

Oh I see O_o
Quite an interesting mechanic, although I'd say the name is misleading since, from your description, it doesn't seem to have ballistic-related usages (apart maybe from the phantasm balls (it sounds weird)) ?

I'd say the Slimer protection sounds to be the biggest advantage since being attacked by those is quite irritating, especially since pressing 'Quick-Kick" while having a knife or the shovel doesn't harm them >_>

User is online   Jblade 

it does also protect you against the shotgun cultists if you manage to lose a struggle against them, although you'll be left with 1HP afterwards (there's only so much a mask can do against 2 shotgun barrels to the face) :D

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostJblade, on 12 December 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

it does also protect you against the shotgun cultists if you manage to lose a struggle against them, although you'll be left with 1HP afterwards (there's only so much a mask can do against 2 shotgun barrels to the face) :D

What if the James character is acting as an AI ally during a mission, but 'glitches' and decides to become a "face-hugger" of sorts instead. Will it also protect you from that?

This post has been edited by Forge: 12 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

User is online   Jblade 

Just a heads up, I've posted an update to moddb with some new shots:
http://www.moddb.com...nd-voice-acting
If you want to volunteer for voice acting, by all means let me know here or via PM :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Jblade: 31 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I'm willing to audition again.

User is online   Jblade 

I've actually used the lines you recorded for the main bad guy a while back in this episode (spoiler warning...if anybody knew what those lines were :)) He definitely has a much bigger part in the next 2 episodes so I will most certainly give you a shout then :dukecigar:

View PostJblade, on 31 January 2018 - 05:11 AM, said:

Just a heads up, I've posted an update to moddb with some new shots:
http://www.moddb.com...nd-voice-acting
If you want to volunteer for voice acting, by all means let me know here or via PM :)

Alwyas nice to hear from thy most honorable deed AMC is :dukecigar:

BTW may I ask thee what that weird looking gun is in one of the images you posted ? ^^
Look like some sort of particle gun >_>

Oh and if I may, About the Heat Visions you included, Will they all look the same or will they be different from OC to OC ? Like it used to be the case in old Ep1 ?

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 31 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Cool. I haven't done any voice work since HHR and Quest Town. I'm looking forward to doing more.
This was a quick 1 take for a gruff soldier voice.

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options