Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC general - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is offline   Rhaisher 

I just wanted to say that today, while taking a short break from my studies, I accessed Duke4 front page and realized of the improvements and new release of AMC TC. I have just bookmarked it as the next game I am going to play whenever I find some free time. The changes and improvements look promising. Excellent work and a big thank you to all the developer team for bringing us tons of amusement hours, especially in the COVID-19 world we are being forced to live on. Cheers! ;)

Is overnerfing Geoffrey's Plasma SG, Merlijn's blades and Zaxtor's 10th weapon an improvment ?

BTW, I'm willing to have an exchange of point of view, not a needless bickering. I have thought of "arguments" and I find it would be interesting to briefly discuss this small ballancing matter.
A brief debate in short.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 26 May 2020 - 09:35 AM

Where there's a will there's a way, I guess. Anyway, I finished EP1 (gathering the new research projects) and I have to say: I lost a LOT of practice, man. ;)

The new For Providence is simply amazing: Lilith having a voice really gave the mission a different feeling. -The new dialogue lines between James and Sang are much more fitting, IMO- This mission left me with a question and I'm not willing to replay it just yet (moving on EP2) I wasn't able to get the key to the room where James used to have a codec dialogue with John. It is buried in the soil disturbance place? IIRC there was an extra cog in there so you were able to open both special rooms in the mines and in the cell right? Anything interesting inside that room (new weapon/research project)?

Also, I just played City Under Siege with Geoffrey (who is finally getting a voice, whoohoo) and it's been one heck of a gaming experience. Ah, the non-stop action placed in an urban map. :) The new music is great, BTW. The song which plays once you step out of the EAF office.

View PostRhaisher, on 27 May 2020 - 04:16 AM, said:

Where there's a will there's a way, I guess. Anyway, I finished EP1 (gathering the new research projects) and I have to say: I lost a LOT of practice, man. ;)

The new For Providence is simply amazing: Lilith having a voice really gave the mission a different feeling. -The new dialogue lines between James and Sang are much more fitting, IMO- This mission left me with a question and I'm not willing to replay it just yet (moving on EP2) I wasn't able to get the key to the room where James used to have a codec dialogue with John. It is buried in the soil disturbance place? IIRC there was an extra cog in there so you were able to open both special rooms in the mines and in the cell right? Anything interesting inside that room (new weapon/research project)?

Also, I just played City Under Siege with Geoffrey (who is finally getting a voice, whoohoo) and it's been one heck of a gaming experience. Ah, the non-stop action placed in an urban map. :) The new music is great, BTW. The song which plays once you step out of the EAF office.

The will has to come from both ends. An empty way is just boggus.

And Yes the cog is burried in the ground near the totem. All you get is his 8th weapon earlier than normal. Which can make the Powersuit easier if you have the AUG. Or the level in general if you have the other options.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 27 May 2020 - 04:55 AM

BTW, I was wondering, you intend to release Ep4 by the end of this year or during next year ?

In both cases, the wait will have felt shorter than last time.

I'm loving the new budget mechanics: I've been trying to equip my team with the cheapest of assets and I've just saved more than 300K (Playing in Expert). All in all, I've found it very balanced: highest difficulties require a biggest expense, but you get the budget multipliers. Awesome, James.

Is there a way to no-clip an enemy, or something like that? I'm fighting PATKOS and it got itself trapped between two of those containers the boss can move with its powers. I saved after that, so there's really no way to re-start the fight without having to restart the whole Arsia Mons mission. ;)
I've been trying to kill it from above one of those containers, but it doesn't recieve damage because of how that aspect of the fight is coded, I guess (the bullets hit one of the containers walls).

I'm going to keep trying to kill it that way, but the only way of damaging it is falling to its height. In which you're really vulnerable because of the really close fight.

Edit: I'm not using god-mode. :) (Unless it's the only option...)

Edit 2: Got it. I used HE Grenades in a way they ended landing in the small gap between the two containers. PATKOS recieved damaged from that, luckily. -OMG, I loved THAT moment re-interpretated with the new movie!-

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 30 May 2020 - 04:33 AM

@TheDragonLiner, could you remind me the new obtainable decorations that were introduced in EP2 EDF missions? I remember something about a doll collection in The Final Confrontation. Am I correct?

BTW, so far, with Polymost, I've only found minor issues with a desk texture in Death at O'Koger and a skelleton sprite in Anarchy Castle. All in all, these classic maps are running good with the new version. =)

View PostRhaisher, on 31 May 2020 - 03:13 AM, said:

@TheDragonLiner, could you remind me the new obtainable decorations that were introduced in EP2 EDF missions? I remember something about a doll collection in The Final Confrontation. Am I correct?

BTW, so far, with Polymost, I've only found minor issues with a desk texture in Death at O'Koger and a skelleton sprite in Anarchy Castle. All in all, these classic maps are running good with the new version. =)

For once there's a dialogue ...

Yes Indeed there is a series of biki-girl figures in the first few levels of The Final Confrontation. If I remember correctly they are all (except 2) located in secrets up to the fun-fair-level. You know the one just after the train. I Don't remember where there are precisely.
I remember the first one sits next to the Cash Register in Lv1 and the second one is in the wall you blow up in order to get the 4th weapon in Lv2. But beyond that I forgot ^^;

I have doubt that there might be one in the Boat level but I'm not sure, you should pay close attention just in case (especially the 7th weapon secret).

Anyway, as long as you find all secrets, you have 90% chance of finding them all ^_-

The figures will be placed in James, Geoffrey, Rusty and Mikko's room. The one for Mikko will display only in Base 1, as there's Nothing in his room of Base 2 ...

BTW, speaking of texture glitches, I've had a similar thing with the "Alone in the Dark" level, in the room before the attic. Also the big pyramid of the skybox in "Catacombs" tends to often have that weird brick texture. Same deal with the rocks in the lava when you get the big key but not Always.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 31 May 2020 - 06:14 AM

Hi, finally installed the mod on my gaming laptop (Intel processor makes a huuuuuge difference, as it doesn't lag anymore at all) and enjoying all the new changes of v3.6 so far :)
One silly question: Can we not use the mop as a temporary weapon anymore? I know it wasn't very useful, but it was a funny thing and a nice touch to kung fu some enemies with a mop :P
Just wondering. Anyway, this is the best, most refined version of the mod! Excellent work! :P

View PostThe_Sentinel, on 31 May 2020 - 08:30 AM, said:

Hi, finally installed the mod on my gaming laptop (Intel processor makes a huuuuuge difference, as it doesn't lag anymore at all) and enjoying all the new changes of v3.6 so far :)
One silly question: Can we not use the mop as a temporary weapon anymore? I know it wasn't very useful, but it was a funny thing and a nice touch to kung fu some enemies with a mop :P
Just wondering. Anyway, this is the best, most refined version of the mod! Excellent work! :P

Just checked, you can still use the mops. You must have no temporary weapon (slot 1) with you when you come across one. And it works only with mops in a bucket and you have to press "Use", it's not automatic unlike "normal" weapons.

View PostRhaisher, on 30 May 2020 - 04:10 AM, said:

I saved after that, so there's really no way to re-start the fight without having to restart the whole Arsia Mons mission. :)

Just fyi, you can always exit a mission through the PDA, the Space Station is a separate location on the world map and can be accessed once you reach it.

View PostDoom64hunter, on 01 June 2020 - 11:29 PM, said:

Just fyi, you can always exit a mission through the PDA, the Space Station is a separate location on the world map and can be accessed once you reach it.

Forgot completely about that. Thank you for the reminder! =)

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I just started playing the AMC TC and have encountered a rather nauseating bug, when I try to pilot the mech on the snow level where you play as Mikko, the camera shakes uncontrollably whenever I'm using the mech.

Is there a fix to this?

View PostxMobilemux, on 07 June 2020 - 01:06 AM, said:

I just started playing the AMC TC and have encountered a rather nauseating bug, when I try to pilot the mech on the snow level where you play as Mikko, the camera shakes uncontrollably whenever I'm using the mech.

Is there a fix to this?

Did you install the patch? https://www.moddb.co...oads/amctc-v361

I'm 99% sure we fixed the view bobbing thing.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 07 June 2020 - 01:40 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Did not know about that patch.

That fixed it, thanks.
But lost all my saves and credits, ah well at least I didn't loose my progress.

Finally completed Episode 3. Wow, that was freaking great. and the final boss, was not expecting that. Loved the Egyptian and Poseidon Facility maps specially, and Jungle Pyramid almost made me tear my hair out, but i completed it.

i still have a bunch of EDF missions to do, but's that's for another time.

Can't wait for Ep 4. :)

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 23 June 2020 - 09:46 PM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 20 May 2020 - 12:58 AM, said:

That poster looks bad ass. :P

I hope the EP4 release can still be played with old savegames(I know it already in past), I decided to stop playing EP3 since EDuke32 recently fixed some longstanding gameloop-related stuttering/frame pacing problems but the supplied "customized" EDuke32 still have these problems(since it was from long ago and I did remembered latest EDuke32 snapshots doesn't works well with AMC TC 3.6), so I guess I have to wait again even I have lot of times for playing games recently months...(Already finished Ion Fury and Shadow Warrior 2)

Or there is a newer EDuke32 build for the AMC TC? :)

I just released an updated build here, with maintenance patch: https://forums.duke4...te-patch-365-x/

Looking forward to EP4.

I just tried the new update to Alien Armageddon. Any chance to adding the Babe Rescue mechanic to AMC TC? It always felt kind of not very heroic that the only option was violence for that (unlike the N64 version).

View PostShadow_Wulfe, on 04 May 2021 - 02:49 PM, said:

Looking forward to EP4.

I just tried the new update to Alien Armageddon. Any chance to adding the Babe Rescue mechanic to AMC TC? It always felt kind of not very heroic that the only option was violence for that (unlike the N64 version).

You can already save the babes in AMC, simply by pressing your "use" key when near one.

There even used to be an achievement for it in previous versions ...

User is offline   razgriz 

Someday I'll comeback and play all 3 episodes on Professional.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options