Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC general - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is online   Loke 

I checked the date for when I first started my map and it was in December 2012. Time flies.

This is the first version of the map (Far Mountain Reaches) which just had a few sectors (size was 6KB).

Posted Image

This is the current version which is at 794KB.

Posted Image

User is offline   CryptKiller 

View PostMicky C, on 12 March 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

Were you not aware of the 5 episode plan?

No, somehow I thought in the beginning there will be only two parts... can't explain why I used to believe this, the same goes for why I thought AMC TC is going to be a trilogy. I guess there are a lot of trilogies in games, and that influenced my train of thought ;)

Still, happy to see this project trucking along! I really wish it would work better on my work laptop, because I have way too much night shifts with nothing else to do than play old first-person shooters...

This post has been edited by CryptKiller: 13 March 2017 - 05:00 AM

User is online   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLoke, on 12 March 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

I checked the date for when I first started my map and it was in December 2012. Time flies.

This is the first version of the map (Far Mountain Reaches) which just had a few sectors (size was 6KB).

Pfft, GShip went through a lot more change than that :P

Here's an exterior view from 4 years ago:
Posted Image

Here's the ship now:
Posted Image

At one point it was planned that the ship crashed into the ocean, making use of the TROR to show the water level risen up to the hull. Ultimately it was a bit too ambitious considering everything else going on in the map.
Posted Image

Even earlier than that, it was planned that GShip was just a regular ship in the ocean rather than a flying ship. Here's the earliest picture I can find.
Posted Image

As for the interior, all the rooms looked incredibly inconsistent before James worked his magic, so I'd rather not show it :P

Yes, the map was originally going to be for Geoffrey before I had a character.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

This post has been edited by Micky C: 13 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

User is online   TheDragonLiner 

View PostMicky C, on 13 March 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

As for the interior, all the rooms looked incredibly inconsistent before James worked his magic, so I'd rather not show it :P

Yes, the map was originally going to be for Geoffrey before I had a character.

I remember that in one of the trailers for AMC, I don't remember if it were for Ep1 or 2 (I think it was an early trailer for 2) we could see a small sequence where Geoffrey flies towards the ship like in your second screen, which solidifies your point :)

Actually between the first two pics the ship doesn't seem all that different from the outside. Apart from the amount of objects on the bridge and the mushroom-fashioned proliferation of actors and sprites ^^
It is also interesting to notice that the general shape of the ship remained the same from the begining to the end.

Lastly what is that weird tower-like structure on the bridge on your sinking project ?
A cut element from the original ship or some element from inside it that would have been pushed outside by the rising water ?

EDIT : actually I've just noticed that this structure is the original design of the main cannon used to fight the boss, silly me -_-

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 14 March 2017 - 12:32 AM

User is online   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Why does my point need solidifying? I worked on it so I have the knowledge, and I have no reason to lie :P
It might have been one of the avengers style trailers.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

User is offline   xMobilemux 

How in the hell do you start this? The manual says use the .bat file but there is no .bat file in the unzipped folder.

Posted Image

User is online   Loke 

View PostxMobilemux, on 14 April 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

How in the hell do you start this? The manual says use the .bat file but there is no .bat file in the unzipped folder.

Use eduke32.exe to start it.

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options