• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

In the release version the cracks can only be blown up from the outside, however originally the cracks could be blown up from both sides of both walls, forming a tunnel from near the control room to the lava area, and requiring you to move backwards through the gas chamber instead of forwards.

Sure, it's not the primary/most intended way of going through the level, but it provides a nice way of allowing players to go through the map from a completely different angle. I'll try to patch it up before Episode 3's release so players can do that. I'll also try to keep it very subtle so that only players with a keen eye will notice it.
Perhaps the 2nd crack can be much more noticeable so that players are much more likely to anticipate the tunnel's existence and player it differently the 2nd time.

....so, is there an actual advanced training course available for Episodes 1 and 2? I was talking to the chick at the front desk, and I hit 2 even though there was no 2 option---she mentions the advanced course, but I can't go to it.

View PostMajor Tom, on 07 April 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

....so, is there an actual advanced training course available for Episodes 1 and 2? I was talking to the chick at the front desk, and I hit 2 even though there was no 2 option---she mentions the advanced course, but I can't go to it.

There's no advanced course, and I doubt they'll put one for Ep3.

I think they decided not to implement one for Ep2 because there wasn't enough novelty to legitimate a new training course ..

EDIT : the fact she mentions an advanced course when pressing 2 might be a leftover just like the missions in Egypt and Ractonia, they're coded in but the files aren't there to work with

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 07 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View PostMajor Tom, on 07 April 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

It was already there in EP1, so... yeah... what tdl said. :D

Does anyone else here think that a TV Tropes page for the AMC TC would generate more attention for it? We could link to Mikko's reviews on MSDN, and the ModDB page.....hell, they have a full page for Nafaeria's Reign (apologies if I didn't spell it correctly), and that TC still isn't finished!

User is offline   Jblade 

I would love that, but my ego won't go so far as to create one myself - I guess if NR can have one than AMC TC can qualify for one as well though heh heh.

User is offline   Merlijn 

I figured this was the right thread to post feedback. If not, please correct me.

Anyway, I've got a new laptop and this one can run the AMC TC. YAY!
I've been playing some user maps as my own character (not being narcistic at all :D) and have been playing the first 4 levels of Episode 2. Mostly as James.

Gotta love the huge universe this TC creates! My favorite levels so far are the Wharf and the Island facility.
Really like how much variety these 2 levels offer.

A few small issues:
-didn't really like the "puzzle" bosses, I had to watch the walkthrough to see how they needed to be killed.
-sniper function didn't really add much when fighting against hitscan enemies.

I'm thinking of playing the next map as myself, but I'm not sure if I'm up for the task. :blink:
Will keep you posted when I've played more!

.....so, how do I find more temporary weapons than what I already have, and what do I have to do to get the gun dealer at the AMC base to sell me more stuff? PLEASE tell me difficulty levels aren't involved....

User is offline   Jblade 

Gun dealer stocks more weapons with 2 actions - the first is you have to save the Russian guy at the start of the bunker level. You'll walk into a room with broken machinery on the left, you've got a couple of moments before they start shooting him (Save before doing this) The second is simply going to New LA and heading to Nelson's weapons and talking to the owner.

As for temporary weapons you just have to check in your Loadout Editor if there are -------------------- at places. If there are then keep playing levels until you find it, don't hesitate going through the "User Map" menu as there are levels you can't normally access. If not then you most likely have them all unlocked already.

Just know that there are some temporary weapons that can't be unlocked for the Loadout Editor, such as the Stygian weapons for instance.

Also the gun dealer in AMC Base can propose golden weapons for sale if you have beater Ep1 and Ep2 on Expert dificulty or higher, but don't worry Expert isn't that difficult (except on a blind playthrough I suppose) ^_-

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 21 April 2016 - 11:22 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

I remember that in the trailer of AMC TC there was a scene where a group of cultrists ambush n the player before he enters the Millhaven village. Why it was cut from the final release? I though it looked cool.

User is offline   Jblade 

Rusty wanted to change the pacing of the map a bit so the first fight occurs much later :)

Hey I'd like to ask a question as well (been a while) ^^

I've peeked into the GRP files and I've found some unused VOC files that are interesting ... For instance there's one where Geoffrey says "More like DeadWire" or "More like James F***field" and some equivalents for other OCs ...

What were they intended for ?

Sounds like a multiplayer thing :/

User is offline   Sanek 

I wonder if they cut much more content from TC than we initially thought. :)

Well for those multiplayer one-liner (if that's what I saw really was) it's not really their fault since EDuk32 doesn't support it any longer :/

I found some other unused sounds but it's probable that they're left-overs from Ep3 development >_>

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 24 May 2016 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

View Postthedrawliner, on 24 May 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

Hey I'd like to ask a question as well (been a while) ^^

I've peeked into the GRP files and I've found some unused VOC files that are interesting ... For instance there's one where Geoffrey says "More like DeadWire" or "More like James F***field" and some equivalents for other OCs ...

What were they intended for ?

Sounds like a multiplayer thing :/

You can say fuck here :D

They were multiplayer taunts - we all recorded a bunch of character specific taunts. I think the system is still in place but obviously it can't be accessed anymore.

View PostSanek, on 24 May 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

I wonder if they cut much more content from TC than we initially thought. :)

Nothing's really been cut (like I said earlier Rusty removed those enemies himself since he wanted the player to explore Millhaven for a bit with just the ambient music playing first) stuff has just been pushed back at times to further episodes to help development along :D Pretty much everything built for the TC has been or will be used at some point in the future.

View PostJblade, on 24 May 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

You can say fuck here :)

They were multiplayer taunts - we all recorded a bunch of character specific taunts. I think the system is still in place but obviously it can't be accessed anymore.

The system should be still here since I found them in the Ep2 GRP just like I had found OC themes in Ep1's old GRP.

I suppose you can still make use of those in a way, just have to place them in a map although few of them would make sense ...
The only one I can think of is that if you get to fight LeSang with Sang then Sang could say "There can be only One", the line he was apparently to say upon killing himself ^^

Hey there !

I got a question to ask, it might be very simple but I'm mystified :/

What does this switch do in Mikko's ep1 map ?

Attached Image: duke0000.png

It doesn't seem to do anything, knowing Mikko's mapping I find it suspicious >_>

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That appears to open the door in front you, although the door itself is set to "open only" which means the switch loses its usefulness once the door is open.

View PostMicky C, on 27 May 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

That appears to open the door in front you, although the door itself is set to "open only" which means the switch loses its usefulness once the door is open.

Maybe we should call it the Costanza switch? :)

Sorry, couldn't resist....

Since we're in for jokes, for once I got one ^^

I love having my AMC in the morning >> Attached Image: 20160524_174552.jpg
The perfect way for me to start my day !

User is offline   Jblade 

That almost looks like the font for the original title pic as well :)

Hello !

Got a question :

It is written that Golden weapons are supposed to ignore all defences, but I've noticed that they don't necessarily deal normal damage to shielded Pigcops, is it normal or is it a bug ?
If it is normal then how does dealing damage to shielded Pigcops work (without using AP weapons or alt-ammo) ? Is there a specific spot to target ?

Thanks in advance for the answer ^^

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 31 May 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

Is there a specific spot to target ?

I'm talking about those with a shield, you can't headshoot them >_>

Hmmmm... I remember trying to shoot them through the small hole the shield has at first. But, IIRC, this didn't inflicted any damage upon them. :)
Anyway, I find that the best strategy is to circle around them until you find an unprotected side/sprite to shoot - which are all of them except the front one.
I don't remember if their armor protects them in the same way it does with the regular pigcops, I always aim for the head. :D
It would make sense, though. With they having a weaker weapon than the regular pigcops and all.

User is offline   Jolteon 

What I usually do to get rid of those shielded pigcops is just crouch in front of them and try to knife their legs. It may not work sometimes, but it definitely works for me. :)

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 31 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

Rhai, well their shield seems to protect more than regular pigcops because, as I said, with golden weapons you can shoot through their bullet-proof vest but not through the shield while it is suggested it should (that's the point of my question) ... but I've never tried circling through them ... maybe because they're always accompanied and it'd be dangerous ^^

Jolt I've never tried that, maybe I should but don't they manage to shoot you a bunch when you do that ?
BTW my personal technique when having no AP things is to throw grenades of rockets either right next to them or behind them on the ground ^_-

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 31 May 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

Jolt I've never tried that, maybe I should but don't they manage to shoot you a bunch when you do that ?

Sometimes they do, but I always make sure that I have armor whenever I do knife them anyways. :)

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 01 June 2016 - 07:18 AM

Hi all !

I'd like to ask one last question before a long time ^^

I've noticed that auto-SGs, such as James' Jackhammer or Mikko's Assault SG, when you hold fire the weapon tends to have different ROFs, sometimes they fire slightly more quickly than usual sometimes I can shoot 3 times in a second and some other times 4 ...
Is it a bug ? Or is it normal ? (as in randomizing ROF or certain varying factors)

Thanks in advance for the answer ^^

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options