Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC general - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is offline   Somagu 

View Postt800, on 05 May 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

Second bug is sadly critical - firing laser in enviro suit is messed up. It works only sometimes, and what is most hilarious only when i faced certain walls. I had to run trough drones like hell, but I made it. But this bug made irradiated passage awfully hard.

Sorry, bud, but this one isn't a bug. The exosuit is armed with a little fusion cutter, not a deathbeam. The fact that it fired at long distance at all was the bug, here. You've gotta go through the hard way!

This post has been edited by Somagu: 05 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

User is offline   t800 

View PostSomagu, on 05 May 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

Sorry, bud, but this one isn't a bug. The exosuit is armed with a little fusion cutter, not a deathbeam. The fact that it fired at long distance at all was the bug, here. You've gotta go through the hard way!

If it is supposed to work this way, then it is coded really oddly because sometimes I can fire laser to distance and another time it doesnt work even if I am close to wall or enemy.
P.S. James, please dont forget to check previous page for my bug report.

User is offline   Somagu 

View Postt800, on 05 May 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

If it is supposed to work this way, then it is coded really oddly because sometimes I can fire laser to distance and another time it doesnt work even if I am close to wall or enemy.
P.S. James, please dont forget to check previous page for my bug report.

I've tracked down exactly when you can fire it and I believe James will put the final nail in that bug's coffin before the next release.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostHank, on 05 May 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Firefox had some issues with moddb before.

No, first time I open with Google Chrome and get same shit happens, it only gives me GameFront's link, so it's not Firefox problem. <_<

File a bug report to moddb sounds a good idea, I guess...

User is offline   Jblade 

As Somagu said the suit's fitted with a welder/cutter, not actually designed for combat <_< That bug should hopefully be completely fixed now.

User is offline   Jblade 

Here's v1.3:

http://www.mediafire...zry59g56m04fzzo

This version contains a early version of a texture replacer feature which you can enable in the AMC Settings text. If activated, it'll replace many Duke textures in a usermap with equivelents from the AMC TC texture set when the level loads up. It's nowhere near finished yet, but many common textures have already had replacements set. This'll give some old maps a bit of variety if you want to replay them.

-Fixed bug where merc would constantly shoot whilst on fire
-Fixed BAR not removing SR-2's equipped status when equipped itself
-Fixed PPsh41 not removing SR-2's equipped status when equipped itself
-Fixed Gold Skorpion not removing Kashtan's equipped status when equipped itself
-Fixed Graphic bugs in Sang's TNT throw animation
-Fixed being able to wall-kick in air
-Fixed off-duty EDF soldiers having old graphics
-Fixed Sang's magic alt-fire on weapon3 not firing gold crystal if gold ring equipped
-Fixed picking up another SR-2 whilst equipped messing up gun's firing
-Fixed SR-2 giving too much ammo when picked up
-Fixed being able to roll with PDU up
-Fixed being able to roll during cutscenes
-Fixed being able to crouch during cutscenes
-Fixed some sequence breaking in 'For Providence'
-Fixed on fire guy not being affected by Gravity
-Fixed switching back to normal shells not emptying Mikko's shotgun
-Fixed Jackhammer not properly resetting Auto-5's equipped status when equipped itself
-Fixed being able to reload AN-94 when full
-Fixed being able to switch bolt ammo when not using a temp weapon
-Fixed Zaxtor, Merlijn and Geoffrey's equipment select not properly displaying missing equipment
-Fixed PKM still using RPK's alt fire code
-Fixed Gold revolvers not being removable via equipment screen
-Fixed being able to melee whilst zooming in
-Fixed being able to change weapons whilst using Rusty's pistols alt fire
-Fixed being able to change weapons whilst zooming in
-Fixed Jackhammer reload being interuptable
-Fixed Rusty's silver bayonett graphic error
-Fixed graphical error with Auto-mag's ejection port
-Fixed enviro-suit being able to fire welder when not aimed at a wall
-Fixed Fascists firing indefinitly at non-player target
-Fixed view being moved down when pumping Mikko's shotgun after loading
-Fixed sawn-off spawning 2 empty shells when reloading after firing only one barrel
-Fixed quadshot giving far too much ammunition
-Fixed katana description cutting off too early
-Fixed being able to roll during shotgun struggle
-Fixed being able to access PDU during cutscenes and shotgun struggle
-Fixed being able to roll when dead
-Fixed grammatical errors and typos in many places
-Fixed Zombie not triggering slashed animation when hit by Axe, Long Axe, and Dragonslayer
-Fixed being able to knife and change weapon during uppercut
-Fixed graphic errors with Sang's hoverboat and gas-mask sequence
-Fixed graphic errors with Geoffrey's hands on flamethrower
-Fixed Sang's flamethrower not having a gold ring graphic
-Fixed Pitfiend not being shrinkable, freezable or expandable
-Fixed uppercut triggering when not near intended enemy
-Fixed alt-fire working whilst using a mouse cursor
-Fixed errors with ammo display in Geoffrey's HUD code
-Fixed American flag being mirrored incorrectly in intro
-Fixed Dynamite with gold ring not blinking
-Fixed leftover alien pods spawning red gibs
-Fixed bonus screen using old graphics
-Fixed alignment error in AMCTCBF.map
-Fixed many HUD oversights
-Fixed Geoffrey and John not having tip graphics
-Fixed Sang's bat not spawning properly
-Fixed Shrinker ammo replacement glowing
-Fixed graphical oversight with James' Steyr AUG
-Fixed hoverboat HUD display not taking player's colours properly
-Fixed Tank's machinegun not firing properly
-Fixed Mission select computer not restoring player's HUD
-Tweaked bolt spawning code; if a bolt goes through an enemy, is spawned by bolt itself instead of enemy
-Tweaked Zombie chaingunner and soldier to have a slight delay before shooting when first sighted
-Tweaked zombie to always play slash animation when hit by compatible weapon
-Tweaked sounds to play slower during slo-mo showoff
-Tweaked super-punch sound to play for all characters when boosted
-Added new SMG magazine dropping graphic (PP-19 Bizon)
-Added liz-man lasergun to MSELECT
-Added seperate sound to Highwire's pump action slide
-Added better variable zoom to Sniper-rifles
-Added first beta of Random texture replacer
-Added Scuba HUD graphics for Sang
-Improved Zoom code
-Improved Sang's TNT throw animation
-Improved M16-Shotgun's reloading animation
-Improved Russians and Vladmir's firing animations
-Improved MP5 M203's reload animation

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Do you want a duke4.net hosted account so you can throw up a website and have direct downloads for this? You know, something like an old-school Dukeworld or TotalConversions hosted site where you'd outline the characters and enemies and weapons and everything.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostTerminX, on 07 May 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Do you want a duke4.net hosted account so you can throw up a website and have direct downloads for this? You know, something like an old-school Dukeworld or TotalConversions hosted site where you'd outline the characters and enemies and weapons and everything.

Thanks, although I already have a wiki here as well as the moddb page - not only that but I haven't made a website in like 8 years so I wouldn't really have a clue how to make a decent or even modern one (I know a HTML-only website would seem like a neat throwback, but to me it's not so cool if I literally can't do any better <_<)

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostJames, on 07 May 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Thanks, although I already have a wiki here as well as the moddb page - not only that but I haven't made a website in like 8 years so I wouldn't really have a clue how to make a decent or even modern one (I know a HTML-only website would seem like a neat throwback, but to me it's not so cool if I literally can't do any better :huh:)

You should accept at least to host it at duke4.net to avoid mirrors though. Even I can host it if you wish <_<

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

James, how about putting a link in your sig to a site where the latest version can always be downloaded? And I don't think you should decline to have it hosted here merely because your page won't be grand and modern.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 May 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

James, how about putting a link in your sig to a site where the latest version can always be downloaded? And I don't think you should decline to have it hosted here merely because your page won't be grand and modern.

It's that and I haven't even filled up the wiki yet. I don't want to accept a hosted site and then never actually get round to putting content up on it, it just seems a waste. A wiki seems like the best way to put in information anyway rather than an HTML site.

User is offline   supergoofy 

AMC_THE_TC_v1.30.zip (197.4 Mb)

http://jumbofiles.com/dln6c9j2a7r1

md5: 79c3f113a5527f96729c1bc56dc58bba

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 07 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Should we use a new revision of EDuke32 with the new patch, or should we continue to use the revision that came with the last full version?

User is offline   Hank 

It's not of my expertise, yet the download from Indiedb includes the very latest EDuke32 version. - And I still can't get my comp working. Sorry James. I will get a new game comp and give a full, report. Meanwhile thanks for your work Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 07 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I started my second playthrough, using the latest version, on expert. I chose Merlijn this time.

Annoyances:
-The dagger seems a little too slow, especially considering that it cannot even kill a liztroop with one hit
-The axe and sword make a metal-on-metal sound when hitting flesh
-It is almost impossible to aim left and right when the sniper is zoomed in

Bug:

-If you do a sword spin underwater, you can't surface. I'm pretty sure you can avoid this if you use movement_lock to freeze the player instead of whatever you are using. If not, you can always disable the spin when he is under water.

I'll have more to report later.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Haha, here's a good one. I get to the end of Dis Base using Merlijn. The only ranged weapon I have is a temp weapon, which fires this whitish blob that looks like a shrink spark. It hits the battlelord, there is a flash of light and he is gone. It looks like he has been obliterated. I flip the switch and the cutscene starts. But then the battlelord reappeares, and he is rampaging around in the cutscene roaring and walking back and forth between the talking characters. :huh:

If the weapon is supposed to temporarily freeze monsters by transporting them into the future or something like that, there needs to be some visible manifestation of them in the game world to make that clear to the player.

I got through the entire level and did not find a blunderbuss <_< I had better get one soon in Ganymede, or this is going to be very difficult.

EDIT: This is pretty messed up. At the beginning of Ganymede, I have lost all of my equipment and I only have 63 health. I wonder if this is related to the battlelord. Like maybe he killed me during the cutscene from the previous level.

Other comments about using Merlijn:

-Health regen should go to 10% of the player's max health, instead of stopping at 10.
-He has a problem against stayput hitscan enemies if he is not carrying a ranged weapon. It would be nice if he could throw daggers as his alt-dagger attack.
-Killing enemies using melee attacks should give a slight health boost if he is below 50% health

-On Ganymede he is at a big disadvantage for about half of the level, because he has no ranged attacks. But once he gets the bow and the bluderbuss, it suddenly becomes very easy. If you know an enemy is going to come around a corner, all you have to do is select a good melee weapon and hold down fire; the moment they come around they will be slaughtered. Other enemies can be taken out easily by the bluderbuss or bow, if you have them. On the whole, the gameplay for Merlijn is uneven. So in addition to the suggestions I made above (regen, melee leech, throwing daggers) I add the following: He should get the bow near the beginning of Ganymede. The enemy AI should be modified so that there is a 50% chance they will stop approaching Merlijn and back away if they are close to his melee striking distance. I know changing all the AI is a lot of work, but I think it would be good for balance.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I've got a strange and annoying bug.

When I have run mode enabled, I can move forward at normal speed, but I move sideways and backwards at walking speed. But when run mode is disabled, I can move forward at walking speed, and sideways and backwards at walking speed, and sprint doesn't work. Everything's mixed up.

log:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=PTUzKTkS

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 May 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Haha, here's a good one. I get to the end of Dis Base using Merlijn. The only ranged weapon I have is a temp weapon, which fires this whitish blob that looks like a shrink spark. It hits the battlelord, there is a flash of light and he is gone. It looks like he has been obliterated. I flip the switch and the cutscene starts. But then the battlelord reappeares, and he is rampaging around in the cutscene roaring and walking back and forth between the talking characters. <_<

When I first time play that level with Merlijn, I also use that gun on battlelord and he just disappear, I wonder where he goes...and then back to appear when I'm in cutscene... that's so funny watch battlelord running around in the cutscene.

I also get the same result when I'm on Ganymede, start at low health and lost everything on my Merliji. But I were thought that's normal for some reasons...

BTW, Merlijn was said being him is not easy at all! xD

EDIT : That's normal when my Merliji's corpse shows his cloak is blue, not red?
Attached Image: 36378973567619569264926492354.JPG
And the scale of player corpse is bigger than normal, isn't it?

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 08 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

User is offline   Somagu 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 May 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

I started my second playthrough, using the latest version, on expert. I chose Merlijn this time.

Hah! Nice, you've got balls. Playing as Merlijn at times can be a real exercise of patience.

Haha, here's a good one. I get to the end of Dis Base using Merlijn. The only ranged weapon I have is a temp weapon, which fires this whitish blob that looks like a shrink spark. It hits the battlelord, there is a flash of light and he is gone. It looks like he has been obliterated. I flip the switch and the cutscene starts. But then the battlelord reappeares, and he is rampaging around in the cutscene roaring and walking back and forth between the talking characters. <_<

Ah yes, the MIA gun! Working as intended, I believe. I've actually pointed this out to James, but I don't consider it a bug :huh:.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSomagu, on 08 May 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

Ah yes, the MIA gun! Working as intended, I believe. I've actually pointed this out to James, but I don't consider it a bug <_<.

I consider it a bug that monsters are allowed to be around during an end-of-map cutscene. At that point, any remaining monsters should be deleted, unless the same map is going to be returned to later with the same map state. Also I would leave a transparent "hologram" of the monster there with a large transparent energy time bubble around it, so that the player knows the monster has been temporarily disabled.

Also I commend James for having the balls to make Merlijn a mostly melee character. When I made Jedrick for WGR2, he was going to be melee but then I wussed out and gave him a lot of ranged attacks when I saw how hard it was to make him playable as melee.

User is offline   t800 

Hi James!
I have another report for you.
I found strange bug. That stupid Sangs bat gets in wiew of security screens.

Posted Image Posted Image

And I have 2 little aesthetical nitpicks, nothing serious.
First one is that you cant see ammo counter on James laser gun when is it zoomed in. Maybe this is intentional, but I think it looks oddly.

Posted Image Posted Image

Second one is ugly looking silencer attached to Sangs right uzi, when is dual wielding them. It looks distorted like aimed down to floor. IMHO right silencer should look similarly to left one.

Posted Image

BTW thanks for quickly patching up and taking care of this TC.

User is offline   Somagu 

View Postt800, on 08 May 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

And I have 2 little aesthetical nitpicks, nothing serious.
First one is that you cant see ammo counter on James laser gun when is it zoomed in. Maybe this is intentional, but I think it looks oddly.

This is actually something I pointed out to Geoffrey while he was designing one of his own weapons, except from the opposite perspective. This makes sense, because zooming in would be looking down the sights. I imagine it would be difficult to aim down the sights with those big numbers in your way! But I guess you can fudge that one over.

Aside from those silencers looking a bit off, I think they're also extremely dirty edits and need some tidying up.

This post has been edited by Somagu: 08 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

I consider it a bug that monsters are allowed to be around during an end-of-map cutscene. At that point, any remaining monsters should be deleted, unless the same map is going to be returned to later with the same map state. Also I would leave a transparent "hologram" of the monster there with a large transparent energy time bubble around it, so that the player knows the monster has been temporarily disabled.

I never really considered leaving the Battlelord alive since there's a missile launcher in the area - killing all enemies seems like a good idea actually. The gun itself is based on the Duke mod PYP and functions exactly the same (except it's effects last longer, and it can also be used to gain research)

Also I commend James for having the balls to make Merlijn a mostly melee character. When I made Jedrick for WGR2, he was going to be melee but then I wussed out and gave him a lot of ranged attacks when I saw how hard it was to make him playable as melee.

Thanks; he's pretty much an even harder character that is unbalanced against him, I think there's many characters like that in a few games (Like in RE2, you can access a hidden mode with a melee only character) I don't really want to give him more ranged weapons since it would beat the point of his character (pun not intended) I think it's a bit too late for me to go through and rebalance levels with Merlijn since I'm sure the mod has probably reached it's highest 'saturation' point and so it'd be alot of work for only a handful of people.

View PostMicky C, on 08 May 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

I've got a strange and annoying bug.

When I have run mode enabled, I can move forward at normal speed, but I move sideways and backwards at walking speed. But when run mode is disabled, I can move forward at walking speed, and sideways and backwards at walking speed, and sprint doesn't work. Everything's mixed up.

log:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=PTUzKTkS

This sounds weird, and probably more likely an Eduke32 issue?

This is actually something I pointed out to Geoffrey while he was designing one of his own weapons, except from the opposite perspective. This makes sense, because zooming in would be looking down the sights. I imagine it would be difficult to aim down the sights with those big numbers in your way! But I guess you can fudge that one over.

This is what I was thinking yep, the digits disapear and the display on the gun basically turns into a zooming feature <_<

Second one is ugly looking silencer attached to Sangs right uzi, when is dual wielding them. It looks distorted like aimed down to floor. IMHO right silencer should look similarly to left one.

Yeah they're fugly, I'm not an artist but hopefully when E2 development is underway properly I can find some sprite artists who would be willing to touch up the uglier art in the TC.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

A bug, and an annoyance.

The bug: the cyberdemon lite type enemy in the hell level does not fire his rockets upwards or downwards, they always go straight across. This is a change from the previous version I played when it was working correctly.

Annoyance: Different types of demons have different immunities. The cyberdemon types are immune to the hell rocket launcher, and other demons are immune to at least one other weapon. The problem is that when you get the part where there are different types of demons on that huge mountain, you either have to not kill some of them, or backtrack to switch temp weapons to kill them all. Is this intended?

User is offline   Somagu 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 08 May 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Annoyance: Different types of demons have different immunities. The cyberdemon types are immune to the hell rocket launcher, and other demons are immune to at least one other weapon. The problem is that when you get the part where there are different types of demons on that huge mountain, you either have to not kill some of them, or backtrack to switch temp weapons to kill them all. Is this intended?

I just ran past all of them while doing it on professional. I actually kind of hate doing that stage, and don't look forward to doing it 8 more times so I can get 100% completion, but...

This post has been edited by Somagu: 08 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 08 May 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

A bug, and an annoyance.

The bug: the cyberdemon lite type enemy in the hell level does not fire his rockets upwards or downwards, they always go straight across. This is a change from the previous version I played when it was working correctly.

Not sure what's causing this, since it's using a simple shoot command which should do that automatically.

EDIT: found it and fixed it, although this will probably cause something somewhere else.

No, I forgot to make the stygian warcannon useful against armoured enemies.

This post has been edited by James: 08 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Version 1.31:

http://www.mediafire...7ou8n7q5k519wv3

Unless there's any more huge or really ugly bugs/errors, this'll be the last patch since I want to start work on Episode 2 development now. There's still things that can be improved but those will wait till episode 2. That's not to rule out anything else though, depending on how long E2 development takes and if people still play it or start to make usermaps than I might release 'content' patches or whatever, nothing can be ruled out.

And of course this will also change if MP is fixed, since if that happens I'll definitly clean up the MP sections there and make that more polished as well <_<

the changelog:
-Fixed Stygian warcannon not damaging armoured enemies
-Fixed last frame of Rusty's crouching animation not being sized properly
-Fixed ugly pixels on Highwire's M16 reloading graphics
-Fixed ugly pixels on James' XM8 laser rifle graphics
-Fixed Cybertour's missiles not aiming properly
-Fixed misplaced touchplate sprite in Hydro Station
-Fixed Wet Dream pointing to the wrong map at finish
-Fixed Hell Station pointing to the wrong map at finish
-Fixed errors in 'The Base' map
-Fixed sprite errors in 'Underground Fortress' map
-Fixed sprite errors in 'Shrunken' map
-Fixed Sawn-off firing 8 pellets instead of 7
-Fixed disintigrate animation blocking projectiles
-Fixed sound reference being wrong in boat intro
-Fixed cutscene camera fade outs not working
-Fixed being able to spin slash in water as Merlijn
-Fixed Merlijn's body spawning oversized and with wrong colour
-Fixed Highwire's body spawning with wrong colour
-Fixed bug whilst picking up health item whilst using first-aid would overcharge health
-Fixed fullbright red pixels in blood graphics
-Fixed fire shields not protecting against radius explosions
-Fixed John not disapearing during 'For Providence' cutscene
-Fixed being able to leave elvator and be trapped near end of 'For Providence'
-Changed Sorcerers and Dark avatars to have Blue blood
-Changed 'Don't fear the reaper' achievement bonus to regen 10% health instead of just 10
-Tweaked ammo amounts in MSELECT.map
-Tweaked amount of ammo given by FN FAL and Riot-minigun
-Tweaked Dagger's damage amount (Does more base damage and less random damage)
-Added 'Round Trip' achivement (beat all 3 first levels as all 8 characters)

This post has been edited by James: 10 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

User is offline   Somagu 

Thanks for all of the hard work!

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostSomagu, on 10 May 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

Thanks for all of the hard work!

No problem, thanks for your dedicated bug testing (and I hope you're enjoying yourself still whilst finding these errors <_<)

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

There's no reason for anyone to stop reporting bugs, it will just be understood that we probably won't see them fixed until episode 2 is released.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options