Duke4.net Forums: PolyMOST HRP / Custom Z-Pack (gloves and more...) / GreyDuke - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PolyMOST HRP / Custom Z-Pack (gloves and more...) / GreyDuke  "Come get some ... gloves"

hey leod,

was just playing dukeplus with z-pack, and i randomly noticed that with dukeplus-Z the old duke model shows up instead of the new one from TeaMonster?

in standard z-pack the new duke is used but in dukeplus-Z the old duke seems to get used instead.

is there a reason why you made dukeplus-Z use the old duke-model, or is it the old duke still by mistake?

This post has been edited by splitterface: 16 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postsplitterface, on 16 May 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

was just playing dukeplus with z-pack, and i randomly noticed that with dukeplus-Z the old duke model shows up instead of the new one from TeaMonster?
in standard z-pack the new duke is used but in dukeplus-Z the old duke seems to get used instead.
is there a reason why you made dukeplus-Z use the old duke-model, or is it the old duke still by mistake?
DukePlus has some extra definitions for the DukeBots which are not compatible to the Polymer Duke model. I assume they could be adapted, but then another problem arises: there is no mechanism available for DukePlus to switch between the Polymer and Polymost Duke model based on the used HRP flavour (Polymost/Polymer). Using Polymer models' diffuse maps only looks rather bland in Polymost Renderer/HRP. Therefore I decided in favour of the Polymost model for both HRP flavours in both the DukePlus part of the Z-Pack and the DukePlus NixFIx. The latter might change in the upcoming NixFix release (aka DukePlus 2.40), but I haven't decided about that yet.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 01 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.4.674 update

- Keeping track with DukePlus (r2.40)

- Z-Pack support for Attrition and Eternity 2.0 may still have issues.

Downloads: Post #1 as usual.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostLeoD, on 01 September 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

5.4.674 update
- Z-Pack support for Attrition and Eternity 2.0 may still have issues.

Attrition is not intended to work with the HRP any more. It's a bad mix, in my opinion (compatibility issues, lacking palettes in HRP content, performance issues)

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 September 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Attrition is not intended to work with the HRP any more.
If I should ever finish the Attrition 1.4x or 1.5x NixFix, compatibility should be acceptable for the respective version.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 September 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Attrition is not intended to work with the HRP any more. It's a bad mix, in my opinion (compatibility issues, lacking palettes in HRP content, performance issues)

I've noticed that the lack of palettes affects only the newer installments of the HRP with the Polymer models, if you're using the Polymost Override there are models which do use palette such as Duke, Protector drones in certain cases, Octabrains and such ... It's actually something that should be brought back on the Polymer models (especially Duke, troopers and 1st person key cards)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 01 September 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

I've noticed that the lack of palettes affects only the newer installments of the HRP with the Polymer models, if you're using the Polymost Override there are models which do use palette such as Duke, Protector drones in certain cases, Octabrains and such ... It's actually something that should be brought back on the Polymer models (especially Duke, troopers and 1st person key cards)

I was actually referring to the special palette swaps only available in the modified palette tables from the CLUT pack by Lezing, which Attrition uses. So not only does the HRP not represent the normal palette shifts, it also fails to show all the additional ones. Moreover, an increasing amount of content in Attrition does not have any model counterpart. I have added several enemies and weapons since the initial release that only have 8-bit art for them.

User is offline   vitekr 

Does anyone have a lick to the Polymost override for HRP 5.3.565? I had this for years but lost it due to a recent drive crash. I cant seem to find an active link anywhere online.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postvitekr, on 16 October 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

Does anyone have a lick to the Polymost override for HRP 5.3.565? I had this for years but lost it due to a recent drive crash. I cant seem to find an active link anywhere online.
http://www.mediafire...ide-5.3.565.zip
Any noteworthy reason besides local archiving why you want this?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLeoD, on 22 February 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

I believe these are fixed.

Need re-testing.

Need more steps to reproduce.

User is offline   The Nate 

I've found that the RPG muzzle flash isn't aligned with it in widescreen.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.png

Can you please make a censored Z-Pack?

Because no one would do this, I made a censored Z-Pack.

https://www.mediafir...3r9v1dsa9g6nw5q

This post has been edited by Newcomer: 14 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

User is offline   Lukaso 

It would be nice include into z-pack or DukePlus addon Hi-Res model of Incinerator (flamethower) from 20th edition as weapon in 2nd slot of freezer, like shotgun/sawn off shotgun or Chaingun cannon/Minigun slots work.
I tried make md3 Incinerator model in Blender but Im not good in graphic work so it looked weird :)

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostLukaso, on 18 September 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

It would be nice include into z-pack or DukePlus addon Hi-Res model of Incinerator (flamethower) from 20th edition as weapon in 2nd slot of freezer, like shotgun/sawn off shotgun or Chaingun cannon/Minigun slots work.
That's veeery unlikely to happen:

- I know nothing about making skins or models.

- The Z-Pack's aim is to offer alternative hi-res content (not made by me) for the HRP and some more or less HRP compatible mods and addons, not being a mod itself or serving as a base for others.

- World Tour brings quite some new ART with zero HRP coverage so far.

- The Incinerator doesn't work in EDuke32 and AFAIK no one plans to fix that.

- I don't have World Tour anyway (license key donations welcome, though :rolleyes: )

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostLeoD, on 16 May 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

DukePlus has some extra definitions for the DukeBots which are not compatible to the Polymer Duke model. I assume they could be adapted, but then another problem arises: there is no mechanism available for DukePlus to switch between the Polymer and Polymost Duke model based on the used HRP flavour (Polymost/Polymer). Using Polymer models' diffuse maps only looks rather bland in Polymost Renderer/HRP. Therefore I decided in favour of the Polymost model for both HRP flavours in both the DukePlus part of the Z-Pack and the DukePlus NixFIx. The latter might change in the upcoming NixFix release (aka DukePlus 2.40), but I haven't decided about that yet.

Duke model sources were released with the Duke model over five years ago now.

At some point in time, I also posted some polymer skins. I can't remember where as it was years ago. All you need to do is to bake out an AO map and overlay it.

Duke Nukem model source download

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostTea Monster, on 28 September 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

Duke model sources were released with the Duke model over five years ago now.
At some point in time, I also posted some polymer skins. I can't remember where as it was years ago. All you need to do is to bake out an AO map and overlay it.
I wouldn't know how to do any of that. Unless serious new incompatibilities pop up I have no intentions to dive into my stuff again for now. The DukePlus NixFix is obsolete as of DP2.40, so currently that's not my cup of tea. The Z-Pack seems to have no issues either, except for Attrition, which has left behind the HRP some time ago. Plus, despite the quality of the Duke2013 model, especially the animation, the old Polymost version is still 'my' Duke, and will stay in the Z-Pack. Anyway, I kinda feel like retired from Duke stuff. My eduke32.cfg dates from last November, and checking these forums merely seems an ancient habit, tbh.

Hello everyone, I know this topic is a little "dead", but I just want to post that I managed to get the shotgun FOV fix to work, I'm using the polymost override, but I think it should work with polymer Z-pack as well.
(For me, it worked in both polymer and polymost, the only thing that was mentionated by Spiker is that it has the double muzzleflash, for this been solved the shotgun was later remade, but this is a cool little thing)

Z-pack shotgun FOV fix

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Your sky has a long vertical line.
When I make skybox with CubeTheSphere, sometime it does lines like that.
I use adobe to fix it.

View PostZaxtor, on 03 December 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

Your sky has a long vertical line.
When I make skybox with CubeTheSphere, sometime it does lines like that.
I use adobe to fix it.

It's because I'm using the Duke Nukem Eternity skyboxes, I just copied in the normal HRP.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I see

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.4.700 update sign of life

Not much happened. Editing old posts is still deactivated, so here's some download links:

eduke_emacs_modes-2019-03-01
UserMapHacks-5.4.674-700+
z_pack-5.4.700

This post has been edited by LeoD: 01 March 2019 - 02:33 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Keeping up with Trooper Dan's CON fixes from 2017 ...

DukePlus 2.40-NixFix-5.4.674

The "*nix" part is obsolete, but I'll stick with the name.

Z-Pack 5.4.700 updated accordingly. A couple of early birds might want to re-download.

[Edit] Updated Z-Pack 5.4.674 is uploading ... probably won't finish before my post editing hour is over ...

This post has been edited by LeoD: 02 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I assume no one cares any more. But, just because I can (again; thanks for fixing, TerminX):
eduke32-nonSDL-r7392

[Edit] Dang. I press "Submit Post" instead of "Insert Link" half of the time. :)

Weird local observation:
Each time my compile run (Win10 64, MSYS2) creates a sub-process with PID 8, no matter what executable or command line, it gets stuck for good and I have to CRTL-C and restart. Won't happen again as long as I do not kill PID 8 manually.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 05 March 2019 - 08:41 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.4.709 update

Keeping up with the HRP repo.
https://www.mediafir...ack-5.4.709.zip

Some other stuff.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 19 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Keeping up with the HRP repo. Some more downloads added.

Below is what Post#1 should now look like, if it could be edited. Since I did this offline, better wait until an hour has passed after posting before opening the spoiler tags, until I've cleaned up what's necessary.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by LeoD: 10 May 2020 - 08:36 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

DukePlus-2.40-NixFix-5.4.674-2 (2020-06-03) : Recent EDuke32 versions reveal that four VOC files went missing in DP2.40.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options