Duke4.net Forums: Sound FX Volume Issue - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sound FX Volume Issue  "aka "sound works no good plz fix ASAP!!!""

User is offline   LeoD 

The introduction of the master volume control (r3993) has somewhat messed up the effects volume scale.
Reproduce:
- Edit settings.cfg : delete the snd_mastervolume entry, set mus_volume "75", snd_fxvolume "120".
- Run E1L1 in EDuke32 r3979/3992, destroy the hydrant and check the water fountain's volume from different distances, and the pistol's volume.
- Do the same in r3993/3997 - the fountain can't be heard at all; adjusting the FX slider doesn't really help because the pistol becomes too loud.
Attached Image: r3392-r3393-volume.jpg

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

View PostLeoD, on 22 February 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

The introduction of the master volume control (r3993) has somewhat messed up the effects volume scale.
Reproduce:
- Edit settings.cfg : delete the snd_mastervolume entry, set (...), snd_fxvolume "120".

Yes, that's a known issue. As I said here, setting the EFFECTS VOLUME slider to max (255) is recommended for now, as that is the neutral position:
#define FX_VOLUME(x) scale(x, 255, ud.config.FXVolume)

(Read this as "(x*255)/ud.config.FXVolume".)

User is offline   LeoD 

I admit that I don't follow that thread very closely because most of the time I have no idea what people are talking about. :dukeaffirmative:

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

That's because Helix has the tendency of posting in code and not English thinking that everyone else will know what he's talking about. :dukeaffirmative:

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It aids my understanding. :dukeaffirmative:

Learn basic C/C++, people!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options