Duke4.net Forums: Sound FX Volume Issue - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sound FX Volume Issue  "aka "sound works no good plz fix ASAP!!!""

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

The introduction of the master volume control (r3993) has somewhat messed up the effects volume scale.
Reproduce:
- Edit settings.cfg : delete the snd_mastervolume entry, set mus_volume "75", snd_fxvolume "120".
- Run E1L1 in EDuke32 r3979/3992, destroy the hydrant and check the water fountain's volume from different distances, and the pistol's volume.
- Do the same in r3993/3997 - the fountain can't be heard at all; adjusting the FX slider doesn't really help because the pistol becomes too loud.
Attached Image: r3392-r3393-volume.jpg

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostLeoD, on 22 February 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

The introduction of the master volume control (r3993) has somewhat messed up the effects volume scale.
Reproduce:
- Edit settings.cfg : delete the snd_mastervolume entry, set (...), snd_fxvolume "120".

Yes, that's a known issue. As I said here, setting the EFFECTS VOLUME slider to max (255) is recommended for now, as that is the neutral position:
#define FX_VOLUME(x) scale(x, 255, ud.config.FXVolume)

(Read this as "(x*255)/ud.config.FXVolume".)

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I admit that I don't follow that thread very closely because most of the time I have no idea what people are talking about. :blink:

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

That's because Helix has the tendency of posting in code and not English thinking that everyone else will know what he's talking about. :blink:

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It aids my understanding. :blink:

Learn basic C/C++, people!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options